Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    LOL, even if she is not, the writers will make sure she looks like one. As I said elsewhere, all the hero stuff the previous cast was neglected will start being delivered now to make Carter look like a magnificent leader.

IMO, the writers were preparing the ground for Carter to join Atlantis and "take the reins" all along. The only problem with the plan is that many fans got attached to the previous imperfect cast, and now don't accept Sam as the new Atlantis leader, nor Keller as the new doc.

BTW, Antis rule!
    I'm sure they'll spin it to look like Sam has no doubts about her decisions when any normal person in her position would. That's what bothers me most. Her character has gotten so far away from what it used to be in the beginning seasons of SG-1. Then again, early SG-1 Sam wouldn't have made a good leader. Will this one do any better?

BTW, we totally do.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
      Will this one do any better?
      *cough* No *cough*

Seriously though, even if she was the best thing it's just that TPTB threw away a wonderful character for Carter. That's my big issue. Ditto with Keller taking Carson's place. I'm missing the Scotish accent already.
      sigpic
      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
        So you're wondering why the reviews are so good? It's easy to answer that: because the people who choose to write the reviews have happenned to like the eps.

I wrote two reviews for Atlantis: for M&MM which I loved, and for the Real World which I think I pretty much slated, as being a waste of Torri's and RDA's time. I couldn't be bothered to write reviews for the other eps, just didn't have time or energy. Because of which there are a number of eps where the reviews don't represent my opinion at all.

Did you like s3? did you write any reviews for s3? If you had, would they all be 8/10 and 10/10?

If you feel that it's 'wrong' somehow that the grades the reviewers gave were all too high, the only reason they're 'too high' is that people like you who didn't like certain eps didn't write any reviews for those eps.

If you think that only a favourable review would be publised, you're wrong. I'm sure I could find you a dozen 'bad' reviews on this site within a few minutes of looking.

I'm sorry, but I think my initial post was terribly misunderstood.

I have no argument with people who loved episodes of SGA and commented on them as such. I have enjoyed most of them myself (although personally I would never use the word "awesome", it reminds me too much of my generation's "groovey" ).

I just found it interesting that most of the official and un-official fan reviews and comments have been positive, although I have seen some mixed and even a small smattering of negative comments. But this all runs in direct contrast to how many fans are falling all over themselves now to say how horrible SGA is - how the writing and the plots and the characters are inconsistent and need to be changed.

It would be like me loving the music of U2 all these years and Bono comes out and says it was all rubbish and me suddenly thinking, oh yeah, the music really was all crap . . . what was I thinking. LOL. It's just a puzzling sea-change.
        sigpic

Comment

Okay, now I see what you're saying.

I don't tend to see any of our regular reviewers posting in discussion threads very much, so I haven't noticed any sea change in their opinions like you have.

If they're in a discussion thread though, and theire words in the thread seem to be at odds with their reviews, there's nothing to stop you asking them about it: I'm interested: you seemed to feel that all but a handful of s3 eps were worth 8/10 or better, but you don't seem terribly keen on the prospect of future eps. What would you say is the reason for that?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
            It would be like me loving the music of U2 all these years and Bono comes out and says it was all rubbish and me suddenly thinking, oh yeah, the music really was all crap . . . what was I thinking. LOL. It's just a puzzling sea-change.
            That's true, so green for you!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I completely luv Firefly. Add to that I practically met the entire cast, save Adam Baldwin (who I will meet in October), Ron Glass, Alan Tudyk and Gina Torres.

I bow to Joss Whedon.
              I never watched Firefly. But earlier this season, Alan Tudyk guest starred on an episode of CSI where he played a child molester who was suspected in the disappearance of a neighborhood boy. It doesn't sound particularly entertaining, but he was absolutely terrific in the role. His give and take in one scene with star, William Petersen, was amazing. You really wanted to believe he didn't do it because of the way he played the character. All in all, a great, creepy episode.

Maybe I'll have to catch an episode of Firefly, or perhaps Serenity, if it ever pops up on t.v. and see what else he has on his resume.
              sigpic

Comment

Alan Tudyk's character in Firefly, Wash, is my favourite out of the crew. He conveys the humor of a scene with perfect inflection and an incredible sense of timing.

Firefly's worth a look, just to see his performance.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Oh how fantastic, a gerbil lemming couch!!

Combating current forum prickliness with HUMOR!!

Did I mention my dislike for the new s4 uniforms? The ones that Keller, Teyla, AND Carter have zipped down quite a bit in the front? Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    Oh how fantastic, a gerbil lemming couch!!

Combating current forum prickliness with HUMOR!!

Did I mention my dislike for the new s4 uniforms? The ones that Keller, Teyla, AND Carter have zipped down quite a bit in the front? Nice.
                    This one? Oops, wrong show.

BTW, the lemming couch will be very useful around here!
                    sigpic

Comment

hehe nice mice ...and it rhymes. lol

Yeah, I don't like the new uniforms either.
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Humor worked! LOL

Is it the uniform or is it the zipping down that you don't like?

I actually haven't gotten a decent look of the new uniforms, but in any case I'm not that shallow to see them exposing too much flesh.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, I dunno about Toaster, but my problem is not exactly the uniform...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post

"Atlantis? Is that what they're calling it?"
                            LMAO! You made me laugh so hard I started coughing!!!

And tried to green ya but gotta spread the love, so here's

MENTAL GREEN
                            SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                              This one? Oops, wrong show.
                              Ha, nice! When I saw the uniforms I immediately thought of this.

Both actually. I think the new uniforms overall are...floppy? That's the best word I could think of. And the zipping down irks me because it's only the women and all of the women that are doing it. They don't expose any outrageous amount of skin, but I think it's subtle objectification for ratings. Carter is military too - if Atlantis had a military adviser they'd be going nuts...

I really liked the s3 uniforms and I'm bummed TPTB felt like they had to change them.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                                WOW! I expressed an opinion in a discussion thread - and i got red!

Shocking. NOT! You know, it makes me want to post even more!
                                Yup! Don't you love what a euphemism "discussion" is around here? Just means "like what I like or else, buddy!"

but it's fun here, with likeminded non-bitter folks like you

and the anti-couch, popcorn and chocolate to keep us going. 'specially if Red will share her scotch, too
                                SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

Working...
                                X