Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Thanx for the information! Something definitely happened after the hiatus. It's funny how 'Tao' got lower rating than 'irresponslible' - IMHO 'Tao' is a much better episode. My guess is that news about cancelling SG - 1 and making cast changes in SGA had something to do with ratings falling down.
    Well, TPTB have sent all the wrong signals since SG-1's demise cause any person who watches TV associates excessive cast changes with a show going downhill. They should know that, no? Or they think this kind of stuff doesn't apply to Stargate?
    sigpic

Comment

Well, just remember what happened to X Files in S9. Cast changes didn't really help.
      Yeah, 'Irresponsible' was.... just horrible!
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I think Irresponsible killed the rest of the season. I know a couple that are casual viewers who stopped watching at that point. And I doubt anyone beyond us online fanatics know much about the changes. People are responding to the last show they saw or maybe previews.

OMG! I posted here and I'm not even totally anti S4. Can I sit on the arm of the couch? LOL.
        I agree. Irresponsible (= current PTB) killed season 3, but I'm not sure about SGA fans ignoring the cast changes. Info tends to jump at you when you're online. And then there's also the "geek" factor and so on. But, yeah, maybe you're right and the viewers are just responding to what is being presented, who knows?

BTW, we have a lot of couches now. No need to sit on the arm!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
          I agree. Irresponsible (= current PTB) killed season 3, but I'm not sure about SGA fans ignoring the cast changes. Info tends to jump at you when you're online. And then there's also the "geek" factor and so on. But, yeah, maybe you're right and the viewers are just responding to what is being presented, who knows?

BTW, we have a lot of couches now. No need to sit on the arm!
          I was referring to fans that don't go online not knowing about the changes. Yeah, all the geeks know. I imagine there are more viewers that don't go online who will just not bother to watch.

Oh, and in my local paper they had a picture of the SG-1 cast with the caption that the gate is closing for good. No mention of SGA. So I'm thinking the casual reader will think both shows are going bye bye. I'd laugh if I weren't trying not to cry.

Will you kick me off the couch if I go on another thread and say I like something I've heard about S4? No, of course you won't. I haven't seen any thread monitors over here who try to whip everybody else into line.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Will you kick me off the couch if I go on another thread and say I like something I've heard about S4? No, of course you won't. I haven't seen any thread monitors over here who try to whip everybody else into line.
            Nobody is kicked off the anti-couch...
            sigpic

Comment

Make room for me too!
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Everyone is welcome on the couch! It doesn't matter if you have a big complaint or a little one or whether you're excited about certain things or are upset with everything. There is no "you must be THIS MUCH 'anti' to post in this thread" sign. Got a gripe, any gripe? Pull up some upholstery and gab about it.

If people thought they were going to love s4, watch it, and end up having complaints then they're always welcome on the couch.

If people watch s4 and end up liking it, well then we can always wave fondly from the couch and reminisce about the good times.

And if people watch s4 and it fills all their pessimistic expectations then we'll have a nice long time here. I recommend margaritas - it inspires MST3K-like snarking of any unbearable episode.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  Everyone is welcome on the couch! It doesn't matter if you have a big complaint or a little one or whether you're excited about certain things or are upset with everything. There is no "you must be THIS MUCH 'anti' to post in this thread" sign. Got a gripe, any gripe? Pull up some upholstery and gab about it.

If people thought they were going to love s4, watch it, and end up having complaints then they're always welcome on the couch.

If people watch s4 and end up liking it, well then we can always wave fondly from the couch and reminisce about the good times.

And if people watch s4 and it fills all their pessimistic expectations then we'll have a nice long time here. I recommend margaritas - it inspires MST3K-like snarking of any unbearable episode.
                  Thanks. Mojitos work also, and MST3K is one of my all time favorites.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

SGA3K...Now if I could only convince my hubby to wear Joel's red jumpsuit, we'd be set.
                    sigpic
                    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

I claim the Anti-Chair.
                      Signed,

Gregorius
                      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                        I claim the Anti-Chair.
                        Does that mean you get the Anti-remote?
                        sigpic
                        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                          Can we watch Heroes? Everyone like that show right? Well I do
                          sigpic
                          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                            Or Lost?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                              Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                              Or Lost?
                              hehe i don't watch either

how about supernatural?
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                                Yes, and I'm going to watch Doctor Who.
                                Signed,

Gregorius
                                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Working...
                                X