Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dana View Post
    Jonas Quinn, an alien who replaced ascended Daniel Jackson in season 6. Great guy and I loved him, too bad they dumped him. (I see a pattern here)
    Yeah, they like ditching popular characters, it seems.
    sigpic

Comment

Or, alternatively, they just don't have a clue in what direction the show should be heading and thus are randomly selecting characters to kill off in the hope it would give them a good story (line) and boost the ratings.

Also known as the headless chicken syndrome.
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
        Or, alternatively, they just don't have a clue in what direction the show should be heading and thus are randomly selecting characters to kill off in the hope it would give them a good story (line) and boost the ratings.

Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Headless chicken syndrome indeed , but I still think they select popular characters to get rid of. Well, it would explain (in my view) why Teyla is still a regular and Ford/Beckett/Weir no. IMHO, they ditch popular characters they think they can get away with, but they clearly crossed the line now.
          sigpic

Comment

Teyla's still around because TPTB like to have ship and with regards to that I would like to note that next season you can expect the following ships:
            Sheppard & Teyla
            McKay & Carter
            And the episodes will probably go like this:
            Sheppard meets/makes an enemy, gets into trouble. Teyla will worry or be invisible and Ronon will shoot and shout. McKay tries to save the day and fails, but just as all seems lost wonder woman back in Atlantis will make a remark and help McKay say the day.
            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Teyla's still around because TPTB like to have ship and with regards to that I would like to note that next season you can expect the following ships:
              Sheppard & Teyla
              McKay & Carter
              Sheppard meets/makes an enemy, gets into trouble. Teyla will worry or be invisible and Ronon will shoot and shout. McKay tries to save the day and fails, but just as all seems lost wonder woman back in Atlantis will make a remark and help McKay say the day.
              I'm glad I are not watching

Comment

Sheppard & Teyla
                McKay & Carter
                LOL! The "new and improved" SGA formula:

sigpic

Comment

*g* The Producers should be scared of all of you;-) I have the feeling (since Sunday) that Atlantis is going to a direction I just don't like. I had a similiar feeling when they killed Daniel and replaced him with Jonas (no offence, I like the actor but the situation was ... well.. stupid to say it nicely)...

The producers take a character who isn't important and make him/her important. Like Teyla, I mean she's boring, has no clue about science, she basically just looks pretty and can fight. But important characters that have substance like Carson or Elizabeth get killed or replaced. To me, it's the "Daniel Jackson Syndrom"- too intellectial for the average viewer, so let's replace him with a pretty character.

Just my P.O.V.- Oh dear that really sounds anti-season 4 *lol*
                  sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
                  Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post

LOL. Wouldn't it be great if someone (not me, never figured out how) could photoshop Carter's face on this pic. That would be priceless.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BeckettRulez View Post
                      *g* The Producers should be scared of all of you;-) I have the feeling (since Sunday) that Atlantis is going to a direction I just don't like. I had a similiar feeling when they killed Daniel and replaced him with Jonas (no offence, I like the actor but the situation was ... well.. stupid to say it nicely)...

The producers take a character who isn't important and make him/her important. Like Teyla, I mean she's boring, has no clue about science, she basically just looks pretty and can fight. But important characters that have substance like Carson or Elizabeth get killed or replaced. To me, it's the "Daniel Jackson Syndrom"- too intellectial for the average viewer, so let's replace him with a pretty character.

Well, Shanks wasn't booted (if I'm not mistaken). In fact, that's why I liked the Jonas character. Other than that, I totally agree with you.

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                      LOL. Wouldn't it be great if someone (not me, never figured out how) could photoshop Carter's face on this pic. That would be priceless.
                      Heh, I wish I had the skills, but I'm just a Photoshop padawan too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Shanks left at the end of season 5 because he thought he reached the end of the line with his character, they character was being written in a way and a direction Shanks felt wasn't "natural" for the character.

So he was written out and Jonas Quinn written in properly. Sadly, after season 6, for whatever reason the TPTB decided to write Jonas out and bring back Daniel.
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                          Don't tempt the artist. I'll see what I can do about that.

Comment

Originally posted by BeckettRulez View Post

You're right, it seems they are ditching all the smart characters. They require too much of clever writing and they're not capable of that, as it seems.
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Quinn could have been a fine addition to the team and to Atlantis in general. SGA's Jackson, you know.
                              Absolutely. Imagine Jonas on Atlantis. He'd be so happy, as would I.

Headless Chicken Syndrome

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3021/wwal8.jpg
                              I was so totally thinking about that. *shudders at the visual*

mod snip
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 20 June 2007, 05:15 PM.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh my goddess... so much potential...
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X