Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerkface View Post
    Which all leaves me a bit puzzled. Maybe M & M are more anti- than any of us, because apparently there isn't much about the show they think is right. I haven't seen anyone here say "the show hasn't gelled." Is this a pro- argument I've just missed or misunderstood? If they're responding to someone, I don't know who.
    Oh, crap! That's so true! They're more "anti" than the "antis"! LOL! Probably SGA is too problematic for them because it's not SG-1, and they can't rehash all those old plots anymore. That'd explain why they're turning SGA into SG-1. It must be easier that way, you know. But, joking aside, the problem with SGA is clearly bad writing. Come on, if they can't explain/show what the heck so many scientists have been doing in Atlantis for three years now, there's something wrong going on, don't you think? No Ancient database breakthrough, no invention based on Ancient tech, Atlantis is never fully operational, the city is always in "survive" mode with no clear objective except, well, surviving the Wraith, the Asurans, the Wraith, the Asurans, Michael and his pets. And when everything else fails get rid of some characters, make the characters screw up all the time (poor McKay), or come up with comic relief like Irr*. In all honesty, the only reason I still watched SGA were the characters. In my view, they gave the show credibility, but the writers can't stop messing with them, so what am I supposed to do?

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    In my perfect world Beckett is still alive Weir is still the leader and JS could be Daniel Jackson of SGA the's what they are missing an ancient culture expert.
    That'd be interesting.
    sigpic

Comment

Here's my take (and I don't know if this is true, likely true, or just heresy so grain of salt, please )
      -TPTB didn't know what to do with Ford, so they dumped him in s2.
      -TPTB didn't know what to do with Carson, so they dumped him in s3.
      -TPTB didn't know what to do with Weir, so they will be dumping (4 episodes constitutes dumping IMO) her in s4.

Anyone see a trend? Anyone see the problem factor that's present in all three situations?

Gee, three main characters dumped over the course of three years. And TPTB wonder why the show hasn't "gelled."

Comment

Great posts everybody. I'm watching for characters too, the plots haven't been something since... insert your episode... and they're messing with them big time, either they're sacrificing them for the plot or getting rid of them, how can one keep watching a show like that if they don't care for their characters?

If we look at this forum to see which section is most busy, we can see that it's the characters section, obviously a majority of people watch for characters and their interactions, not mainly for special effects (surprisingly they're very worried for these to be made realistically, when I hear tptb speaking about them they sound fascinated as kids, they should try writing the characters realistically while alive), why would you then get rid of them and disrupt the wonderful dynamic that has been built among them? And this has been done over and over again and they still don't learn from their past mistakes, the audience catches up sooner or later, especially whe they see half of the characters missing and brought in a bunch of new ones. It's time they need to realize that what fans make sense and that they could listen to them and not doing the exact opposite from that. They are, after all, making this show for us not for themselves, it seems to me they're not clear on that.

Now don't get me wrong, they have the right to do anything they want but in this case when to a lot of fans it's obvious they're not handling it all very well, they could actually try to please the fans, listen to them. They're expecting some sort of help but they're not willing to offer anything in return, they do enjoy however, pissing us off. What a tactic.
        Last edited by Celcool; 10 June 2007, 09:07 PM.
        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
          I think the reason they decided to dump Carson is because he's a male and TPTB were getting desperate to bring in the young male viewers; how best to do that then with the charming assests of a pretty young gal. They couldn't replace any of the main team, and I believe they planned all along to bring Carter over once she was free from SG1, so Carson was the one who had to be sacrificed in order to bring on the eye candy for the young guys.

Since I'm neither young nor male, this plan only served to drive me totally away from SGA.
          Here is a good point! That's why they are:
          - bringing in AT (oh she's HOT)
          - getting rid of Weir (hey, too serious and too smart for that population)
          - kirking Shep (young males need their role model who has his way hith ladies)

Yeah, could be part of the reason. *nods*
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Just a reminder for folks
            THIS thread is *For complaints and misgivings ONLY* and here at GateWorld we do allow people to have threads that center on just one side of the topic.

So if you feel compelled to read the *Other Side* from your personal POV by all means please do...but please also do NOT feel compelled to try to interject your own argument as to why these fine folks are wrong to feel the way they do.

Why?? well not because we don't want to promote interesting give and take discussion but it is in FACT Off-Topic in a thread of this nature.

So please find a thread more appropriate to posting your views on the subject at hand and please allow the folks that post here to do so On-Topic.

Thanks
            TameFarrar
            GateWorld Moderator
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

i wouldn't have thought we were off topic but i respect that... so cool
              just thought it was interesting

what i find really interesting is how this thread has been growing in leaps and bounds since that blasted video that i refuse to watch, i wish Atlantis didn't have to suck but it is nice to see some more friendly faces in here.

its nice to know that i am not alone in my views

i watched the spacey awards (Canadian sci fi awards) tonight
              well i sort of watched them... satellite was acting up.

and i accidentally got to see something i don't think i wanted to

Spoiler:
              sam on atlantis and keller gads! (insert barfing noises here) ..and what the heck were they wearing! Why does Sam have Wraith hair?

gads

only good thing... got to zelenka for a sec... good to know they didn't cut him out all together... and i saw shep and jason...

but really gads i wish i could wipe the rest from my brain! *sob*

i think if things keep up the way they are its going to get awfully crowded in here
              *paris calls ikea for more chesterfields*
              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

You weren't off topic I don't think. I believe TameFarrar was responding to a post that was deleted.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Season 4 spoilers

Dear Joe Mallozzi, you are pathetic! Asking the fans to get their friends to watch the show just so you can have season 5? Guess what, producers of good shows don't have to sink to that level!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    It's a problem - yeah. What I don't get is...it's not like JS is that drop dead gorgeous. At least to me. But then...I'm not a guy, so probably I don't get it. She's cute, yeah. But...she doesn't strike me as the "eye-candy" type.
                    Jewel is cute, charming, sweet, very thunkable... I love the girl. She's my eye-candy, among others.
                    I have already fallen for Keller in First Strike, head over heels. Makes her my 4th favorite character (1. Kate, 2. Teyla, 3. Elizabeth, 4. Jennifer).

And I do love Carson and I miss him greatly.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                      i watched the spacey awards (Canadian sci fi awards) tonight
                      well i sort of watched them... satellite was acting up.

and i accidentally got to see something i don't think i wanted to

Spoiler:
                      sam on atlantis and keller gads! (insert barfing noises here) ..and what the heck were they wearing! Why does Sam have Wraith hair?

gads

only good thing... got to zelenka for a sec... good to know they didn't cut him out all together... and i saw shep and jason...

but really gads i wish i could wipe the rest from my brain! *sob*
                      So they're making Carter and Keller the banner for the "new and improved" Atlantis. IMO, that's offensive not only for the SGA characters who are not there anymore, but also for those who are still there. It seems a bunch of SGA haters took over the show indeed.
                      sigpic

Comment

My misgivings include a great many things. Carson being killed is the first. He dies then he isn't mourned after the episode. Replaced by Keller in the same season who will get a character episode and a romantic relationship in s4? Either Sheppard or Ronin? Lorne or Radak? If romance is needed why not use the characters already in place.

Replacing Weir with Carter. Weir who was not military because this is a multinational expedition with many civilians. Thought that was supposed to be important. Promoting Carter. I don't dislike her but wish she would stay on Earth. In one swoop they changed the complete rhythm of the senior staff. Military in charge but not the one already in place and because she is touted as being super brilliant, Rodney will be trumped at every turn.

If money is the issue as discussed other places, they could finish the job. Carson dead, Weir gone, Radak gone and Rodney gone. Doesn’t one Sam Carter equal a McKay and Zelenka?

It feels like to me they are redoing the whole show. It this the soft reset Joe was talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by cajuncayenne View Post
                          If money is the issue as discussed other places, they could finish the job. Carson dead, Weir gone, Radak gone and Rodney gone. Doesn’t one Sam Carter equal a McKay and Zelenka?
                          Then Sheppard, Teyla, Ronon, Lorne etc. should go too 'cause Super Sam is also a soldier. She's so multifaceted, you know. I guess they'd have to keep the medical staff only, and (if I'm not mistaken) Carter has also some healing abilities, so the medical staff might have to go as well.

Originally posted by cajuncayenne View Post
                          It feels like to me they are redoing the whole show. It this the soft reset Joe was talking about?
                          Same here. This is not "soft reset". It's total reboot!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                            This is not "soft reset". It's total reboot!
                            And there wasn't even the need to. The computer didn't freeze or crash.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              Here's my take (and I don't know if this is true, likely true, or just heresy so grain of salt, please )
                              -TPTB didn't know what to do with Ford, so they dumped him in s2.
                              -TPTB didn't know what to do with Carson, so they dumped him in s3.
                              -TPTB didn't know what to do with Weir, so they will be dumping (4 episodes constitutes dumping IMO) her in s4.

Anyone see a trend? Anyone see the problem factor that's present in all three situations?

Gee, three main characters dumped over the course of three years. And TPTB wonder why the show hasn't "gelled."
                              Anyone who has ever made Jell-o knows that if you keep opening the fridge door, your jello will never set. Someone, put a lock on that door!
                              sigpic
                              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Just a thought here...

stargate atlantis scored 37% to win best show and rodney one best character.

im right, right....so how can sga not have gelled or need resetting obviousley if its winning awards against heroes and 24 ect it must have been doing something right!

so i ask why is it being reset and why are we loosing the original characters that contributed to this win ? was carter on board when we won? i think not!!

nothing can and will make me believe in the Keller character, if i wouldnt take advice from someone recently who tried to sell me a mortage who looked that age im hardly going to believe she has the experience and knowledge needed for that position.

next year i wonder if sga will win again and if so how much will it loose/win by.

what do you guys think?
                                sigpic
                                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Working...
                                X