Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    United we stand, divided we fall!
    Or as Jack from Lost would say - "Live together, die alone".
    sigpic

Comment

There's always room on the couch for everyone!!

Comment

Nice puppy! I'll gladly share the couch with the smart fellow.

Edit: Heh, I guess everyone is afraid of dogs in this thread.
        Last edited by mcbarr; 04 June 2007, 09:08 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not afraid - cute picture!

Here's a question for the fencesitters, of whom I am one. I'm not trying to exclude those who are not going to be watching S4 - I'm just curious about something. I thought about starting a new thread, but decided that I had started several new threads lately and didn't feel like starting another one. So I'm asking this here. If someone wants to make a thread out of it, feel free. But getting to the point, after beating the bush to death!

What would be your breaking point? By that, I mean, what could they do in S4 to cause you to turn off the TV, walk away, never watch another new episode? Obviously, some of you have already reached that point, and that's fine. But for the ones who haven't... what would push you over the edge?

The reason I ask is that there's a couple things that have come up in discussion in various threads that I realized would probably be my breaking points, or pretty close to that. So I'm wondering what other people think. Obviously one person's breaking point might be another's most wonderful thing...everyone has different opinions. This is just for discussion.

Here's some things that I think would be the breaking point for me:
          1) Rodney treated badly, or mockingly, by the team after Carter's arrival, similar to what happened in Pegasus Project, or sidelined by increased focus on Carter.
          2) An emphasis on any ship that breaks down the main team dynamic.
          3) Atlantis used as a stage for the resolution of the Sam/Jack ship. (Let me say however that I think this one is HIGHLY unlikely. It's just something that came up on another thread).

So what do you all think?
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

For me definitely the first one. I hate Pegasus Project and if this will start in Adrift already, I think I would think twice to watch next episode.
            And I would mind if they pushed Radek aside, too. If Carter arrives in Adrift and will just connect her notebook via USB cable to Ancient database and will come up with solution, it would be very poor beginning for me.

Two, sure, and I hope they won´t ship anyone. Especially not McKay or Sheppard with her. I still hope that she will stay there only in S4.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
              For me definitely the first one. I hate Pegasus Project and if this will start in Adrift already, I think I would think twice to watch next episode.
              And I would mind if they pushed Radek aside, too. If Carter arrives in Adrift and will just connect her notebook via USB cable to Ancient database and will come up with solution, it would be very poor beginning for me.
              I so completely agree.

Two, sure, and I hope they won´t ship anyone. Especially not McKay or Sheppard with her. I still hope that she will stay there only in S4.
              Well, I don't know about only staying for S4, but I think JoeM is a fan of the Jack/Sam ship, so I highly doubt Carter will be shipped with anyone else. I think the most likely ship to be pushed is John/Teyla, but we'll see. My concern is not because I'm a Shweir fan (because I'm so not), but because I really can't see a John/Teyla ship being good for the team. And the team is what's most important to me.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

I suppose I'm beyond breaking point. For me there are/were three untouchable characters in Atlantis: Dr. Weir, Sheppard and McKay. Mess with any of them and Atlantis is ruined for me. The writers did just that, and to make things even worse they killed Dr. Beckett. So frak them, I say.
                sigpic

Comment

Breakingpoints...

I think the moment the stories are no longer fresh and interesting I might have to say I will stop finding other ways of catching the episodes, you know the more illegal ways, and wait till one of our local channels picks it up maybe in 2 or 3 years from now. (we've only gotten season 1 so far)

Other reasons I could think of is if they over-focus on Carter, rehashing of SG1-stories, killing off more characters (I doubt they'll kill of my favorite any time soon since she's not seen that very often, all they can really do is forget she's a member of the expedition and we'll just never see or hear from her again), dispose of the Wraith maybe and keep the Asurans as sole enemy (hello, they are extremely boring as a race), bring in more SG1-characters hoping to keep that show alive through Atlantis, the Sam/Jack-shipping...

I swear, if they even reference to the S/J-ship, I'll throw something at the TV. I hate that ship with a vengeance.

I will probably keep on watching till the end, but as I said in paragraph 1. If my interest fades, it would solely mean I'd wait for the DVD's to arrive and/or watch it on TV. My downloading doesn't make a dent in the ratings, I don't count as a viewer (mental note:remember to write this in my letter to scifi or whoever I will write to concerning my worries on all the changes ... not the downloading, the viewer-thing). Once I start watching a show, I'll watch it to the end, even if that ending sucks so badly it's hard sitting through an entire episode.

But be sure to know that I will post my opinion on the episodes. If I think they could have used their (Canadian) dollars better, I will say so. But I too will say when I like something. I'm just not going to be having my hopes up too high. If I don't expect much, it won't hurt so much when it's bad, and the other way around will have me pleasantly surprised if it's better than I expected.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

awwww love his toque!

i already had my breaking points, as you all know hehe....
                    get rid of two characters i love pointlessly and mess up the team dynamic,
                    make the other characters act unlike themselves
                    disrespecting the actors (ie phoning them to fire them)

acting like carson never died...

bringing in a character from another show
                    Last edited by parisindy; 04 June 2007, 03:22 PM.
                    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                      awwww love his toque!
                      It's to hide his Goa'uld-tattoo. He used to be the First Dog to Lord Anubis.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

It's to hide his Goa'uld-tattoo. He used to be the First Dog to Lord Anubis.
                        heheheh OH DEAR! please don't tell me he's bald under there !
                        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                          heheheh OH DEAR! please don't tell me he's bald under there !
                          That would be weird.

Comment

That would be weird.
                            hehehehe but funny not that i would ever do that
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Hey, don't mess with our new fellow!
                              sigpic

Comment

**sigh** I have never ever posted to an Anti season thread before. But sadly I have found my faith in this show severly shaken in the last few months. For me it has nothing to do with the episodes or how well they are written. When it comes to the episodes, I pretty much take them as they are and enjoy most of them. My only beef in the writing department, is the lack of writing for any other characters other then Shep and Rodney. And I'm a HUGE McKay fan. I adore him. So that is saying something. I have felt cheated to some degree, because as much as I love McKay, I really like the other characters too, and I want to know what makes them tick.

My main beef with the show is all the changes that have been made, Killing off Carson nearly made me stop watching right then and there even with McKay still on the show. I literally had to talk myself into watch it again. Carson is my second favourite character and to just get rid of him like that hurt, and bringing on Jewel just smacked of "Let's bring on another set of boobs to get the guy's attention" I hope I don't wind up resenting her over this, because I loved her in Firefly. But darn it, she replaced Carson! That's gotta be some serious bad Karma there.

And even though Weir is probably one of my least favourite characters, that is mostly because I know next to nothing about her, I still like her. For Torri to basically be given the choice of "our way or the highway" is just wrong. It ticked me off and made me so disgusted with TPTB.

My main huge chunk of beef with the changes is bringing on Carter. What are TPTB thinking? Yes Carter is a great character for SG1, but she's useless on SGA!! If we need technobabble and genius we have Rodney, and if he's not available we have Radek. If you need military we have Sheppard, or Lorne, or Caldwell. (If they absolutaley HAD to bring over someone from SG1 that was military I would rather have had Jack, and he would have made more sense. IMHO ) And Weir is the leader of Atlantis, granted at the moment she seems a little weak, but dang it thats what GOOD writing is for! Fix it PTB, don't just sweep it under the rug! If the rumors are true and Carter really does permantly replace her, I will be seriously ticked off, possibly to the point of turning off my tv.

Basically way too many sweeping changes in to short of a time, even with Carson coming back for two eps in season 4 (and that could seriously come back to bite us on the butt).

So, at any rate, I'm very troubled about season 4, I will probably watch, at least at first so that I can see what happens, but I'm not sure if I'll make it through the whole season. I have never ever been as disgusted with a show as I am right now. Ever. I have never actually dreaded watching a show before. Usually I can just let stuff roll off my back. I guess it shows just how much I've come to love this show and it's characters. But alas that may not come to mean much in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X