Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugseverybodytoo*

Just went to check out the thread, you guys are awesome, keep posting such things. *g*

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    I've made some posts there myself defending Kavanaugh as an original SGA character. I'm pro-Weir, though. But, yeah, there are many posts in that thread which are clearly off-topic and as such should be reported. Hmm, I guess I'll start doing that just to piss off the moderators.
    Do report them if you feell it's off topic, it can't hurt. I posted there too, Kavanough is good for some drama with Elizabeth, I don't mind him that much, sure he's annoying but I love the way Elizabeth handles him. I posted this in the thread.

Wish I had some green (or redmuahaha) left.
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

hehe i have green but my green has all been used on you guys and won't work anymore hehe what if i don't want to spread it around!
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
        *plunks down on the chesterfield*

i don't think that makes the mods angry i think they appreciate it to a certain extent, thats the impression i got.

i am trying to stay out of most of the stargate threads, i sometimes snoop but and the very odd time post but i am trying not to,

i swear we really do watch a different show, i am simply tired and frustrated....

and its sad cause i love old Atlantis

love the borg i am snurching that
        I agree. The best thing to do is report the post and let the mods handle it. Besides, some people love stirring the pot. Best to let the mods handle things.

I also agree with you about being tired and frustrated.

Comment

Total random post coming up...

Every time I hear Nelly Furtado's 'All Good Things (Come To An End)', I can't help but think of Atlantis. Have been associating it with Atlantis ever since I first heard the song, which was around the time the first news of season 4 was leaked.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Battlestar Ending Next Season

The producers of SCI FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica confirmed that the upcoming fourth season will be the show's last. Executive producers Ronald Moore and David Eick said that it was a creative decision to end the acclaimed series with the upcoming 22-episode season.

"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally, an end," Eick and Moore said in a statement on May 31. "Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there: We're going out with a bang."
            SCI FI Wire

So, what do you think? Will crappy SGA season 4 also be the last? Cause the 100 eps theory doesn't make sense anymore. I imagine SGA will have to earn incredibly good ratings next season to be renewed...
            sigpic

Comment

So, what do you think? Will crappy SGA season 4 also be the last? Cause the 100 eps theory doesn't make sense anymore. I imagine SGA will have to earn incredibly good ratings next season to be renewed...
              Can't really form an opinion on BSG, since I have only seen 2 hours of it so far. One of our local channels picked it up ... finally.
              But if Atlantis is all that remains of the original scifi-friday-line-up, then I'm afraid it won't make it into it's 5th season, which in my honest opinion would be a darn shame since it has (had) so much potential.

What follows is going to sound completely wacked and pretty conspiracy-theory-ish. You have been warned.

SciFi cancels SG1. Ratings, costs ... reasons aren't exactly crystal-clear. They force TPTB to add Carter to the cast of Atlantis and to get rid of Weir. They hope they will loose viewers, those that are completely against the changes being made. They hope ratings will fall and thus get a legitimate reason to cancel the show.

Comment

Add the second half season 3 hiatus to that, and I'm afraid it's not a conspiracy theory anymore.
                Last edited by mcbarr; 01 June 2007, 01:08 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Add the second half season 3 hiatus to that, and I'm afraid it's not a conspiracy theory anymore.
                  Good point. Unfortunately.

Comment

SCI FI Wire

I guess it all depends on how desperate SciFi is for programming . . .and of course, how expensive it is for them to air SGA. Obviously, the ratings are not that great. ECW gets better ratings (which is kind of scary to think about) and even re-runs of Enterprise on Monday nights (which I watch) seem to be doing almost as well as first runs of SG1 or SGA.

IMHO, the changes they are making won't move the ratings perceptibly. Those who may tune in just to see Carter, for example, will most likely be counterbalanced by those who tune out because they don't want to see Carter . . . and miss Weir and/or Beckett. But, add in a fall release date, and SGA faces an uphill battle. Which is a shame, because the show had great potential and I would have continued to watch until the bitter end if not for the changes.
                    Last edited by nowvoyager908; 02 June 2007, 12:34 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                      I guess it all depends on how desperate SciFi is for programming . . .and of course, how expensive it is for them to air SGA. Obviously, the ratings are not that great. ECW gets better ratings (which is kind of scary to think about) and even re-runs of Enterprise on Monday nights (which I watch) seem to be doing almost as well as first runs of SG1 or SGA.

IMHO, the changes they are making won't move the ratings perceptibly. Those who may tune in just to see Carter, for example, will most likely be counterbalanced by those who tune out because they don't want to see Carter . . . and miss Weir and/or Beckett. But, add in a fall release date, and SGA faces an uphill battle. Which is a shame, because the show had great potential and I would have continued to watch until the bitter end if not for the changes.
                      You have a point and agreed about the part I bolded, I'd watch it till the end too.

I hope the ratings for Sunday are low because if they're anywhere near decent then they will have achieved what they wanted with Carson's death.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                        I hope the ratings for Sunday are low because if they're anywhere near decent then they will have achieved what they wanted with Carson's death.
                        Oh wow, I hadn't even thought about that. Well, I hate to say it, but I hope they spiked downwards and not upwards.

Comment

He, he... I've finally received my first two "reds". They're kind of a compliment, though. Maybe I'll share them with you.
                          sigpic

Comment

He, he... I've finally received my first two "reds". They're kind of a compliment, though. Maybe I'll share them with you.
                            Congrats! Do share, if you want to of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post

I think the real test will be what the ratings are for next week. If the average viewier wasn't spoiled, he/she wouldn't have any idea of what was planned for Carson. The ratings for next week (Submerged ?) might be a better barometer of how viewers react to this week's episode.
                              sigpic

Comment

*settles into couch for momentary, meandering rant, arms crossed peevishly*

You know, I can understand, and in some cases, agree with the criticisms of Weir as a character. I think they had her approve some of the worst plans of S2 and 3. If there were serious moral problems with the expeditions' actions in those plotlines (and I'd say there were—eugenics-like genetic manipulation, torture for information, attempted genocide-like destruction of enemies), she was one of the people in charge during those plotlines.

But I'm more than a little disturbed at the way in which this all gets put on Weir's head in particular. Is there any strong, anti-Beckett argument being made for his involvement in the main plot? Or anti-Sheppard? Anti-McKay? Any real animus toward those characters for their recent decisions? (I don't mean these questions entirely rhetorically, if anyone's heard one, I'd be interested to read it.)

I just don't get how it makes sense to criticize one character for something all the main characters are guilty of. I still like Weir as a character because I look at this as the writers' problem; it seems like we haven't been shown why she and Beckett and Sheppard and McKay decided to carry out a lot of the actions they did, so I have trouble judging the characters themselves.

And I don't even know how to talk about the fact that some of the arguments I've heard against Weir (talking with female friends, even) use gendered language to criticize her (i.e. she made this decision too "emotionally").

It's like somehow she's more guilty because she's a woman. Do the writers intend to imply that if she fails morally, she's more guilty than a male character who made the same moral mistake?

Then I look at the character they're replacing her with, and I'm more troubled. As much as I liked Carter when I watched SG-1, it did seem like as the seasons went on, the writers built her up into more of a perfect person than they let any of the other main characters be. And this reads to me like the other side of the Weir coin; if a female character's going to be likable, she has to be unquestionably, morally pure in a way male characters don't have to be.

Grah. I don't know. I find myself thinking, "maybe you're just expecting too much from Stargate," but I don't think I used to have such low expectations. The really sad thing is, watching recent SG stuff, I even start to doubt that what I used to enjoy was very good, but that probably is the pessimism talking.

Comment

Working...
                                X