Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    my question-do these guys have a Messiah Complex? First Adria the Orici and now what? this baby going to be half-wraith? half-replicator? half-ancient?
    Human/Athosian?
    Let's not forget about Sha're and her Harcesis offspring...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      Let's not forget about Sha're and her Harcesis offspring...
      ah yes-forgot about that fiasco.
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
        ...unless they're writing As Atlantis Turns or better yet, The Young and The Wraith (yeah, I know its bad, but I couldn't help myself).
        *giggles insanely* I especially like the title in italic & bold.

Mental GREEN!!

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
        Don't you see? This is their way of bringing Carson back! When he grasped Teyla's hand as she lay on the gurney in Sunday, he created a connection between them, a conduit if you will, that he could make use of when his physical body was disintegrated by the fireball. She's been carrying his soul for him all this time. They'll use the machine from Tao of Rodney to recreate a body for him, and Teyla will "give birth" to his soul and Rodney will press the remix button and voila! Carson returns!
        ROTFL ... This must be it!

Mental GREEN!!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
          somehow that is so "unRodney" like. I get the impression that he likes control and planning-but if it was a "planned" pregnancy-he'd be married. It is the "natural" order of things(at least my impression of how Rodney thinks)-meet-fall in love-get engaged-get married-have babies.
          Well that was also touched on in Sunday so what is your point?

Plus I have to say it must be great to be able to never have a condom break and for the Pill to work 100% of the time (which it does NOT).

Just saying in real life even the most careful folks end up with unplanned pregnancies.

Comment

mayber so-but this is tv-so theoretically condoms never break and the pill is 100% effective-my point-and to quote Ellen-I do have one-is that I am tired of all the unplanned pregnancies and the super/evil/baby/saviour who will save/destroy/end the world all that we know it.
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

I wonder who the other parent-to-be might be...

So they're doing all this because Rachel is expecting. Nice of them, I guess but what in the world are they going to do with the "baby" character when its born. Have it wisked off by some glowy entity AGAIN?

I don't think babies belong to Atlantis. Anyone who has had a baby knows that they are tricky little suckers to have around. It's cute in fanfic but realistically, on a expedition turned military facility, it's virtually impossible unless of course, they would like to start a daycare facility or have Teyla lug around sproglet in a sarong. Wonder what Athosian women do with their babies when they go a- hunting?
              I expect that some form of infanticide will occur and then Teyla will spend the rest of season 4 angsting over the child that almost was.

Although... sleep deprivation caused by an unsettled infant could be an effective form of torture...
              Last edited by Easter Lily; 27 April 2007, 02:20 AM.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                I wonder who the other parent-to-be might be...

So they're doing all this because Rachel is expecting. Nice of them, I guess but what in the world are they going to do with the "baby" character when its born. Have it wisked off by some glowy entity AGAIN?

I don't think babies belong to Atlantis. Anyone who has had a baby knows that they are tricky little suckers to have around. It's cute in fanfic but realistically, on a expedition turned military facility, it's virtually impossible unless of course, they would like to start a daycare facility or have Teyla lug around sproglet in a sarong. Wonder what Athosian women do with their babies when they go a- hunting?
                I expect that some form of infanticide will occur and then Teyla will spend the rest of season 4 angsting over the child that almost was.

Although... sleep deprivation caused by an unsettled infant could be an effective form of torture...
                I think it will be kidnapped by Wraith/Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                  The daddy. lol
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I was thinking they could change the show to Stargate: Survivor. You know, have all the men in a tribe and have them go through a challenge each week so that they win the chance for their DNA to be compared against the child's. At the end of each episode, Dr. Keller can come out to the worried potential father-to-be and say "_______, you will not be paying any child payments." Then the camera can flash to the relieved look on the man's face. I'm sure the writers can easily come up with 20 men.

Ok, I'm done being cheeky now.
                    sigpic
                    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Well, I don't know about you, but I didn't like this Michael storyline from day one. And if it turns out he is really the father of Teyla's baby bug, I'll like it even less.

BTW, Stargate: Survivor is quite appropriate for more than one reason.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                        BTW, Stargate: Survivor is quite appropriate for more than one reason.
                        Oh, it so totally is.

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                          I was thinking they could change the show to Stargate: Survivor. You know, have all the men in a tribe and have them go through a challenge each week so that they win the chance for their DNA to be compared against the child's. At the end of each episode, Dr. Keller can come out to the worried potential father-to-be and say "_______, you will not be paying any child payments." Then the camera can flash to the relieved look on the man's face. I'm sure the writers can easily come up with 20 men.
                          lol, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Chailyn View Post
                            lol, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
                            How about both? Cause I certainly was, tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                              Hmmm... that has possibilities... The Search for the Wraith child... Stargate's answer to The Fugitive.
                              Maybe Teyla should take out an intergalactic restraining order as a precaution... just in case daddy wraith takes it across the border into yet another galaxy.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I'd like to whinge about a certain plot development...I'm not used to posting on such threads, primarily because well, I don't really often see the need to, but um...yea, this plot point really bothers me.

The Wraith returning and attacking Atlantis, AGAIN!!! Given everything that SG-1 and Atlantis has done over the years, it's not difficult to come up with a strategy. I can count five ways off the top of my head to get rid of the Wraith this time around...

So yeah, that's my whinge/complaint/etc about S.4.

Also, I know Teyla's pregnant and all, but that doesn't mean she's going to deliver. I suspect their might (MIGHT) be complications.
                                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X