Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
    Just had to stop by here after reading some spoilers for The Seer regarding what they have in store for Teyla

Spoiler:
    She's pregnant! So this is the character development they have in store for her - couldn't they come up with anything better. The whole alien pregnancy thing has been done to death in scifi, not to mention the whole Adria thing on SG1.
    EEEEEEEEUWWW...

Is someone pulling our leg or what? I didn't think things could get any worse...
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
      EEEEEEEEUWWW...

Is someone pulling our leg or what? I didn't think things could get any worse...
      I wish. And no, things can always get worse.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        I wish. And no, things can always get worse.
        As this little tidbit proofs...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So Teyla's big story arc is ovary-driven (sorry to any guys out there who just went eeewwwwww!). And who pray tell is the baby daddy? It can't be any of the usual suspects (i.e., Ronon, John or Rodney or even Lorne or Radek) because that wouldn't be much of a story, unless they're writing As Atlantis Turns or better yet, The Young and The Wraith (yeah, I know its bad, but I couldn't help myself). So, I guess that would leave Michael or maybe a spectral visit from Carson.

Teyla is the leader of her people. She is wise and strong. She has the wraith gene. And this is her big story arc? I guess biology really is destiny.
          sigpic

Comment

I just read the Spoiler for The Seer-

Can I please barf now? Gag with a spoon-somebody. Please!
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
              So, I guess that would leave Michael or maybe a spectral visit from Carson.
              Don't you see? This is their way of bringing Carson back! When he grasped Teyla's hand as she lay on the gurney in Sunday, he created a connection between them, a conduit if you will, that he could make use of when his physical body was disintegrated by the fireball. She's been carrying his soul for him all this time. They'll use the machine from Tao of Rodney to recreate a body for him, and Teyla will "give birth" to his soul and Rodney will press the remix button and voila! Carson returns!

sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
              ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Might wanna check out Joe's latest blog... It seems to hint of a very good reason why they've decided to go with that particular Teyla arc...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  Might wanna check out Joe's latest blog... It seems to hint of a very good reason why they've decided to go with that particular Teyla arc...
                  Well you could of posted it here.

From Joe Mallozzi's blog:
                  Self-doubt for one,
                  (Refers to a season four episode).
                  parenthood for another,
                  (Refers to a season four episode. This one was the biggest longshot to come to fruition but we were considering making McKay a daddy. However, circumstances led us to change this particular storyline as we didn’t want to have two characters facing parenthood in the same season).
                  And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother.
                  (Refers to a season four episode. Given the spoilers out there, this one should be pretty easy to guess as well).
                  And this...

Anonymous #7 writes: “Teyla's pregnant? […] It just proves that if you can't figure out how to develop a female character you off them like you're doing with Elizabeth or you get them pregnant... where have I seen that again? *insert rolling of eyes here*”

Answer: As far as I know, there are three ways in which shows have dealt with pregnancies: 1) They’ve reduced the actress’s onscreen time drastically and ignored the fact by shooting around her, 2) They’ve written the actress out of the show entirely, 3) They’ve supported the actress by writing the pregnancy into the show. If there is a fourth option you have in mind, I’d love to hear it. Maybe a "Teyla has an eating problem" arc?

Comment

Originally posted by Tal-Galahad
                    Funny how people are screaming and complaining about something without knowing any details or not caring about them.
                    Well pregnant in real life or not (and Rachel has not confirmed that as of yet), this is an Anti thread what do you think people are going to post? Nice happy fluffy reponces to spoilers?

Comment

they did the same mysterious pregnancy with Vala as Claudia was pregnant at the time.

fine-so the actress is pregnant and they chose to deal with it-that is good-at least they aren't putting her in those awful sweater sets that Amanda wore-but still-

my question-do these guys have a Messiah Complex? First Adria the Orici and now what? this baby going to be half-wraith? half-replicator? half-ancient?
                      Human/Athosian?

Is this baby supposed to be a deliverer?

the superbaby story line is old. I would just rather Teyla is pregnant ain't that great? and deal with her trying to be a leader of her people, part of the team and a mother. quite some balancing act.
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Well, I'm not convinced that they've suddenly become motivated by a desire to support their actors, but I am glad they didn't just tube RL. I wonder when they got this news, and how it played into their decisions about Beckett and Weir. I don't say that with any theory of my own in mind, I'm just amazed at all the unexpected things that seem to have happened all at once behind the scenes. What's next? Bridge Studio floods? Massive Canadian paper shortage? Writer eaten by penguin? Killer bees?

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        From Joe Mallozzi's blog:
                        (Refers to a season four episode. This one was the biggest longshot to come to fruition but we were considering making McKay a daddy. However, circumstances led us to change this particular storyline as we didn’t want to have two characters facing parenthood in the same season).
                        At least this won't be a plotline. It's not that I can't imagine ways it could be done well, it's just that so many awful scenarios come to mind, all ended by the reset-button.

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                        the superbaby story line is old. I would just rather Teyla is pregnant ain't that great? and deal with her trying to be a leader of her people, part of the team and a mother. quite some balancing act.
                        Oh, gods yes. Please, please, no super/monster/magic bunny children. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by jerkface View Post
                          Oh, gods yes. Please, please, no super/monster/magic bunny children. Please.
                          But on the other hand I am not the least bit interested in having a child on Atlantis normal or otherwise, I just hate kids on shows full-stop! They mostly cannot act, they are used often as the cute portion of our programme and have lame names like Jinto!

I don't know; I think this will be a no win situation, if they go for the Wraith super baby then fans who hate the whole SG-1
                          Spoiler:
                          Ori/Vala baby thing will cry foul *and rightly so*
                          but if they go with the baby being normal (regardless of who the father is) then peeps like me will get so bored with seeing Teyla with a kid in tow, not to mention being super annoyed if that kid disappears after two eps to never be seen again *and rarely mentioned*.

I also hate the idea of

a) child goes missing or is kidnapped by *real* father
                          b) real father is Sheppard or Ronon or McKay (although that seems to have been ruled out before I got a chance to spread those rumours) or Lorne! Lorne!!! *Zelenka I like*
                          c) miscarriage
                          d) child is given up for its own good
                          e) child is *for some odd reason* shipped to Earth/Athosians (?) to be raised
                          f) child was all just an illusion

Comment

they considered making Rodney a father-please-he is a scientist-he never heard of birth control? the "Love interest" is a doctor-she never heard of birth control? they were sent to Atlantis thinking people who never have sex unless they were married and knew the rhythm system?

what is with the "accidental" pregnancy on shows these days? i was never a great fan of the "I promise to marry you if you get pregnant", "what? you're pregnant?" "oh-please -for the sake of the child" that is soap opera fodder-day or night-

gah!

Comment

Well I would have thought from Rodney's relationship with Katie (and what was said in Sunday) that they would have planned it, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                                Well I would have thought from Rodney's relationship with Katie (and what was said in Sunday) that they would have planned it, but I could be wrong.
                                somehow that is so "unRodney" like. I get the impression that he likes control and planning-but if it was a "planned" pregnancy-he'd be married. It is the "natural" order of things(at least my impression of how Rodney thinks)-meet-fall in love-get engaged-get married-have babies.

Comment

Working...
                                X