Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    If the writers couldn't do a decent Weir-Teyla interaction in three years, why should they start getting their act together in season 4? I'm not totally against season 4 as I do like Shep's team, but dislike what they've done with Weir and Beckett, dont' care for Carter coming on board at all.
    (((prion)))) good to see you
    agreed with all of it except that as much as i love sheps team (and i really do) i need more then that. To me Weir and Beckett are a part of that team and it really feels like cutting off the nose to despite the face.

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
    With Weir... even though I didn't relate much to her character initially... after Before I Sleep and Letters from Pegasus (Carl Binder specials) she became rather more human. Obviously they could have done a lot more with her and Teyla but they didn't. Frankly speaking, I think Teyla is a bigger problem (in terms of writing) than Weir. She's supposed to be part of Sheppard's team and most of the time, she stands around decoratively, occasionally acting as a sounding board. They haven't taken her anywhere at all. In most scifi shows, it's the aliens I find most interesting but in Atlantis... not so much...
    i love teyla i really do, but i agree in that i think she is way way way under used... given a choice i would see her gone before weir.. not that i want her gone, i really like her and would hate to see it. But with ronan as the Alien the writers really haven't given her much. What does she have to offer as a character? we don't know because we are given so little. She has so much potential, but we need to see it once in a while. Weir is less disposable in the fact that we see her acting as the leader of atlantis, we see her doing things offering insites that we need. Really i don't think any of the cast is disposable.. they were all created for a reason, tptb should have allowed the characters to become what they were meant to be. Give the girls we have a chance!

They have had 3 years to do something really special with both these women... but they haven't. I can't see how replacing one female with another is going to help much artistically.
    well i suppose they don't have to work with same.. her character is already developed unlike the two we have,.. possibly a sign of laziness?

From their point of view, it is probably easier to replace a reasonably popular character with an extremely popular character rather than to work on the original character that they themselves created.
    My thinking is imagine if they just tried a little bit harder with the reasonably popular character to make her into something special... you'd keep that fanbase happy and maybe even increase it. If they have to bring in Carter to drum up business for Atlantis, so be it. At least we'll have a win-win situation..
    agreed agreed! ((hugs))
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

oh look they are ripping off yet anouther SG-1 show

have they lost all originality?

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...elganger.shtml
      Last edited by parisindy; 18 April 2007, 08:27 PM.
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
        (((prion)))) good to see you
        agreed with all of it except that as much as i love sheps team (and i really do) i need more then that. To me Weir and Beckett are a part of that team and it really feels like cutting off the nose to despite the face.

i love teyla i really do, but i agree in that i think she is way way way under used... given a choice i would see her gone before weir.. not that i want her gone, i really like her and would hate to see it. But with ronan as the Alien the writers really haven't given her much. What does she have to offer as a character? we don't know because we are given so little. She has so much potential, but we need to see it once in a while. Weir is less disposable in the fact that we see her acting as the leader of atlantis, we see her doing things offering insites that we need. Really i don't think any of the cast is disposable.. they were all created for a reason, tptb should have allowed the characters to become what they were meant to be. Give the girls we have a chance!

well i suppose they don't have to work with same.. her character is already developed unlike the two we have,.. possibly a sign of laziness?

agreed agreed! ((hugs))
        I'm like Prion... I'm not completely anti... but I am anti many things about S4. As I've said before, I'll still be tuning in because at least we'll still have most of the team. But I'm largely disappointed because I have a feeling from all the titbits that we're getting, S4 is definitely going to be a reset... but not the good kind. I have strong suspicions that they will do a SG-1 redux because SG-1 has history on its side. I don't want SG-1 redux... I want Atlantis -- international expedition led by a civilian, cut off from earth preferably.

While I don't love all the characters equally, I don't want any Atlantis characters to be replaced. Frankly speaking, I don't think replacing the characters will do anything to improve the show if all we going to get is the same kind of shallow characterization that we've been getting.
        I'm not a Teyla fan (although I would like to be) and I think she's lucky not to be going because honestly, the writers have done so little with her. I can't help feeling that she's still around only because she and Ronon are the token aliens. I understand they're going to give her more stuff next season and even do something with the Athosians... all I can say is... It's about time! But I would like more than just character centric episodes... characterization needs to be happening all the time.

When I think back to S1... when the show had so much promise... I even thought that it was superior to its mother show... now... *shakes head*
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Having not watched passed season 8 of sg1. the following might be a mute question, ill ask anyway though!

from what i have read amongst the threads. Carter was not in chage of sg1 or of the sgc? is it normal military practice then, for something as big and important as atlantis to have someone who has not had command experience of this scale in charge? dont they normaly have someone like a general. i mean didn't it take Jack like 25 years of experience and like 8 in command as full bird colonel to get a command this size? it just seems strange.

im probably wrong but it seems to me that this is a huge leap from captain to command of atlantis in 10/11 years
          sigpic
          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
            ITA. I wouldn't be completely happy with Sam coming over and I would certainly be wary of how they integrated her with the cast, because I can see TPTB banging people over the head with her presence. But if Elizabeth and Carson were still part of the team (full time, none of this one or two, "maybe four, maybe more" episode nonsense), there's no question I'd still be enthused about watching. I'd just have to take my chances that they wouldn't totally screw it up.

But with Carson and Elizabeth gone, they've already screwed it up IMHO. Its gotten to the point where I enjoy posting about SGA more than I enjoy watching it and its still only season three. Never thought I get to this low point. LOL.
            Exactly how I feel.
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Oy, have you seen the thread for "Why Weir should get fired NOW"? The poster's name says it all.

Comment

Yup, I read it. But, there going to make the thing evil this time. We haven't done that yet... [/sarcasm ends here]

[oh no, wrong, it continues here] So, what was evil in SG1 that we can redo in a good version in Atlantis?
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Yup, I read it. But, there going to make the thing evil this time. We haven't done that yet... [/sarcasm ends here]

[oh no, wrong, it continues here] So, what was evil in SG1 that we can redo in a good version in Atlantis?
                  HA! hehe i'm sure they will find something

really i need torri and Paul plus the rest of the season 3 cast to keep watching.. but at this point i think i have become so bitter i'm not sure if it would make any difference or not.

i have no idea how they could fix it at this point

firing a certain blogger would go a long ways though
                  Last edited by parisindy; 19 April 2007, 09:20 PM.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

I know, I know. I shouldn't read the spoilers for a season I don't even want to see. I will stop—I've cut out Mallozzi's blog, and can already feel the short-sighted smugness draining out of my psyche!

But what surprised me most about reading the spoilers for Doppelganger is that I started to feel sad for these guys. There was just something pathetic about reading Cooper's statement here:

Spoiler:
                    "O'Neill went out, touched a crystal and all this stuff happened," Cooper said of the episode. "We've never done that again. And I thought, 'Well, wouldn't it be interesting if we found another crystalline life-form like that.' But in that case we were kind of lucky that it had reasonably good intentions. There was a sinister aspect to it in that we didn't know what was going on, but at the end of the day it was kind of just curious.

"So I took the flip side of that and said, 'What if it's a psychopath? What if it's truly evil?' And it enduces some pretty freaky nightmares."

I don't know, maybe it was the eagerness of the italics and bolded part in the original, it just seemed sad to me. Like the "Old Gil" character on the Simpons. But when you look at the idea, it's just...not very complex. "Hey, remember that thing we did before? Let's do it again! But different! You, uh, liked that, right?"

Just sad.

*sigh*

It's never a good idea to "homage" yourself, repeatedly, on television.

Comment

I wonder if there'll be rehashing old SG-1 stories in their new series too. You know, since they're obviously out of fresh ideas. They really want to make Atlantis a copy of SG-1 with somewhat different characters. They'll even bring Sg-1 characters over, it should help acheive their goal.
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                        I wonder if there'll be rehashing old SG-1 stories in their new series too. You know, since they're obviously out of fresh ideas. They really want to make Atlantis a copy of SG-1 with somewhat different characters. They'll even bring Sg-1 characters over, it should help acheive their goal.
                        Do you know I was just going to post asking the same question. I really don't want to see SG-1 stories redone into Atlantis ones. And I hope we don't get Repli!Weir like we had Repli!Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                          And I hope we don't get Repli!Weir like we had Repli!Carter.
                          Now why do I have a feeling, that's already too late?

Comment

They even admit it now. *head desk*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                              They even admit it now. *head desk*
                              But don't you know if they admit it, then its alright.
                              sigpic
                              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                                But don't you know if they admit it, then its alright.
                                *snort*

Comment

Working...
                                X