Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who watched both shows and stopped wathcing SG-1 will not want to watch Atlantis SG-1. Those who never watched SG-1 will start wondering why the hell
    Spoiler:
    Carter is in charge of Atlantis.
    Why is it so clear to us and not TPTB? I mean come on, it's preschool logic.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      Why did you give him a PhD though? He's more suited to a "Bachelor of Science" degree. *cough*
      ooo had a snotty comment i best keep to myself or i might get modded hehehehehe. Once again you guys rule heheehe

Originally posted by Erised View Post
      Let's make men sluts and make funny rape episodes and on top of that, make the leaders looks like complete fools for doing experiments on their prisoners...
      erm huh? did we watch the same show.. i remember none of that

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      I find it amusing that Joe is trying to insist that the numbers for SG-1 and the numbers for Atlantis average out to the same thing when SG-1 fell behind Atlantis. Guess he doesn't want to admit that Atlantis might actually be better (or more liked) than SG-1. ...Probably because they're working hard to make Atlantis into SG-1.

Way to go, boys: turn a winning formula into a losing one!

And when the ratings fall... it'll be our fault for not accepting the changes.
      amen!

People who watched both shows and stopped wathcing SG-1 will not want to watch Atlantis SG-1. Those who never watched SG-1 will start wondering why the hell
      Spoiler:
      Carter is in charge of Atlantis.
      Why is it so clear to us and not TPTB? I mean come on, it's preschool logic.
      okay i have watched sg1 and i liked it... i never watched it religiously though and have missed tons of episodes as the schedule for the show where i live was wacky at best... but Atlantis i don't like ... i loved it...

there is a big difference. a show i watched causally or a show i loved.

to me there was a distinct difference... but TPTB are killing the uniquness of atlantis... they can bring my beloved Carson back (very happy about that) but that does not fix all the other stuff... they have killed the team dynamics...

i might weaken and watch it again if they restored weir to formal glory... but i like i've said i can't see it happening
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

from JM's blog

Spoiler:
        Suekay writes: “Which episode in the first half of season four are you most looking forward to? And which episodes should fans be looking forward to most for each member of the Team?”

Answer: To be honest, I’m looking forward to seeing all of the first half episodes this season. I think we have an exceptionally strong line-up for season four so far. As for which episodes fans should be looking forward to most for each member of the team - it‘s tough to say only because my opinion could be very different from fan opinion especially when you start factoring in the different fan factions. But, in my opinnion, I’d say: Travelers for Sheppard, Miller’s Crossing for McKay, Reunion for Ronon, Missing for Teyla, The Seer for Carter, This Mortal Coil for Weir, and Missing again for Keller.

Obsessed writes: “Out of all of the episodes coming up in season four, which would you say is the most controversial??”

Answer: Hmmm. Well, I suppose controversial in different ways: Lifeline, Reunion, Doppleganger, Travelers, The Seer, Miller’s Crossing, Missing, This Mortal Coil.

they actually called an episode...

Spoiler:
        This Mortal Coil. and joe says its about weir

all i can say is frell me... man this sucks
        and there is actually whole episode dedicated to keller and sam

how long did we ask for episodes about characters we already have! ...
        only to have two episode about two new characters if i dare even call sam a new character...grrrr.

i think i need to go kick something
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

^
          Spoiler:
          mortal? about Weir? Great...

Comment

^
            Spoiler:
            mortal? about Weir? Great...
            yeah my thoughts exactly.. so i guess

Spoiler:
            so the reoccuring only counts for the first part of the season?

oi
            Spoiler:

Comment

I really hope TPTB are not going on a killing spree...

Stargate Chainsaw Massacre...

I don't really want any more deaths on the show -- pointless or otherwise because TPTB don't seem serious about death except as a ratings stunt. Of course, I'm not saying that Weir
              Spoiler:
              is getting the chop in Mortal Coil... it could be about anything.

But one faux death is enough for me.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                I really hope TPTB are not going on a killing spree...

Stargate Chainsaw Massacre...

I don't really want any more deaths on the show -- pointless or otherwise because TPTB don't seem serious about death except as a ratings stunt. Of course, I'm not saying that Weir
                Spoiler:
                is getting the chop in Mortal Coil... it could be about anything.

But one faux death is enough for me.
                i got to say i worry cause they say reoccuring but they don't say for how long

man i got to quit obsessing about season 4... i'm not going to watch it unless they do some major impossible fixes

but gah it does my head in
                Spoiler:

Comment

I'm going to watch it just out of curiosity and probably because I just like to watch....something.... when I'm not doing anything.

Comment

I am not entirely anti-season 4 person. I love Atlantis and want to see it continue but something in JM´s blog pissed me...again. You mentioned it....
                    Spoiler:
                    The Seer is Carter episode
                    . No,no, no. Why? Why does she have her own episode? She had 10, literally TEN years in SG1. She doesn´t need to have one more episode in SGA where are many other characters who didn´t have even their own episode this year.
                    I know, I can´t do anything about it. The worst thing I was afraid, happened. The authors made from Atlantis S11 of SG1 and sent the least needed person, little perfect Carter, there.
                    They should focus at Teyla, Ronon, Sheppard, Rodney, Zelenka. Radek deserves his own episode, hell, he deserves to be in Credits more than perfect blonde.
                    Geez, sorry if I insulted someone, but it had to get out.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

If they don't show another side of perfect blonde, things will suck big time and fast. And, yeah, secondary characters like Zelenka, Heightmeyer etc. deserve their own episode. Too bad TPTB can't see it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                        I am not entirely anti-season 4 person. I love Atlantis and want to see it continue but something in JM´s blog pissed me...again. You mentioned it....
                        Spoiler:
                        . No,no, no. Why? Why does she have her own episode? She had 10, literally TEN years in SG1. She doesn´t need to have one more episode in SGA where are many other characters who didn´t have even their own episode this year.
                        I know, I can´t do anything about it. The worst thing I was afraid, happened. The authors made from Atlantis S11 of SG1 and sent the least needed person, little perfect Carter, there.
                        They should focus at Teyla, Ronon, Sheppard, Rodney, Zelenka. Radek deserves his own episode, hell, he deserves to be in Credits more than perfect blonde.
                        CARSON deserved his own episode before Carter ever got one; they've ignored him for two years and even when they did "give" him an episode it wasn't even about him, it was about Rodney in the end, and everyone else's reactions to events concerning Carson. Argh.

I have to admit I'm more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with fourth season since they're redressing the wrongs done to Carson. But then I run smack into the whole "Sam on Atlantis" thing and I just... argh. *twitch* *twitch* *twitch*
                        sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                        ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          I agree with ya, but I'd add Elizabeth too, they need to focus on her as well. I would love it if we got to learn something more about Zelenka.
                          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

so many character undeveloped.. so much potential ignored...
                            then we get to learn about a character that we have learned about for 10 bloody seasons

Love love love that carsons is returning. i adore him but he is not the only character i like
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I was reading that response to SueKay's question, and at the info on the episodes I had to do a frellin' double take when I read 'The Seer' being about Carter.

WTF does she need an episode for? She's not even part of Atlantis (meaning the city/expedition, I refuse to accept her as a member).
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can only hope that Carter will NOT be to Atlantis s4 what Mitchell was to SG1 s9. IMO, his introduction was done at the expense of the other, established characters, especially Carter. Hopefully this won't happen as Carter is an established SG character, not a franchise newbie.

Or hey, maybe this is an ongoing cycle. Mitchell took time away from the established SG1 cast, Carter may take time away from the established Atlantis cast, (insert Atlantis character here who was snubbed) can take time away from the cast of the third series.

Comment

Working...
                                X