Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thrilled about the news, too, but like many of you have already stated, I have a lot of reservations. I've never been keen on the Rodney and John show and am less inclined to watch the Rodney and Sam with a few of their friends show. But I'll tune in for the 2 or 3 eps just to see Carson again, although I'm inclined to think it's not going to be handled well.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
      I swear if they are going to pull Dallas on Atlantis I'm going to scream.
      Me too... I really don't want them to go down that road.

I'm very happy for the Save Beckett campaigners... they really worked hard and achieved something close to the impossible... They deserve to be rewarded for their efforts...

BUT
      I do have my reservations about how they are going to handle his return. I have considered the possibility of some form of Ancient tech that could revive the dead but what would the rationale be for reviving Beckett or for cloning him in the first place?

Personally, I think it was foolish to kill Beckett off in the first place but to kill him off and then find some way to resurrect the character without treading old ground or stretching one's incredulity is going to require a great deal of creative juggling.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
        I swear if they are going to pull Dallas on Atlantis I'm going to scream.

Comment

Dallas... is that the one where in the end the whole thing wound up being nothing but a dream? I remember they used that tactic on Newhart as well, though that was supposed to be jokey.

Comment

love the beckett but also love the weir
            as promised i will watch the two beckett episodes

as of right now not really planning to watch the rest.... though i got to say i might be swayed to consider checking it out if they brought weir back as well... even if it was just to settle my curiosity

hehe but was it so very wrong of me to spew my drink in laughter after seeing the 'save dr keller thread?' hehehehe

as for season 5...still i think there are a lot of problems that need to be tackled.

but beckett coming back is a step in the right direction... even if it is a teeny tiny one

i do find it annoying though all the people that are now shooting off their mouths declaring how obvious it was that he was coming back and how we are all idiots for doubting it. pffttt.

the show still has a long way to go...
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
              Me too... I really don't want them to go down that road.

I'm very happy for the Save Beckett campaigners... they really worked hard and achieved something close to the impossible... They deserve to be rewarded for their efforts...

BUT
              I do have my reservations about how they are going to handle his return. I have considered the possibility of some form of Ancient tech that could revive the dead but what would the rationale be for reviving Beckett or for cloning him in the first place?

Personally, I think it was foolish to kill Beckett off in the first place but to kill him off and then find some way to resurrect the character without treading old ground or stretching one's incredulity is going to require a great deal of creative juggling.

couldn't agree more
              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by SGA4ever View Post
                A very much loved character died and there was a whole season with that feeling and then it's shown it was a bad dream only. One whole season.

Dallas... is that the one where in the end the whole thing wound up being nothing but a dream? I remember they used that tactic on Newhart as well, though that was supposed to be jokey.
                That's the one.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                  i do find it annoying though all the people that are now shooting off their mouths declaring how obvious it was that he was coming back and how we are all idiots for doubting it. pffttt.
                  Word. They may have had it in the back of their minds as an option all along, but I seriously doubt it would have actually happened without the SCB folks.

And yeah, there's a lot yet to address to make the show watchable next season. But the good news is they heard us on this issue. Maybe they're listening on some of the others, as well?

I honestly think they may have gotten the message on at least two other fronts: the "John + Rodney's Treehouse!" hour and their "Rodneyopia." (Though the former was basically just a mutation of the latter, only it had two characters instead of one.) Some of the other things J M has said make me wonder as well if they aren't going to make some good strides in terms of quality in Season 4. But they're also still insisting on Sam being a good fit, and that just... argh.

So I'm encouraged, but I'm also still very much "I'll believe it when I see it", too. This show has had great promise all along, and only rarely has it lived up to that promise.
                  sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                  ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by SGA4ever View Post
                    if you're going to kill someone please keep them in the ground.
                    OMGoddess, he's going to be a zombie !!!
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Heh. Joe M. did say Carson was going to be "in the flesh", he just forgot to mention the rotting part.

I don't want to spend too much time thinking about how Carson will come back. So many ways it can go wrong...and no ascending main characters please! I know TPTB have a bad habit of this, but can't we keep at least some SG1 elements off of Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        OMGoddess, he's going to be a zombie !!!
                        Having just finished World War Z, yeah, I keep thinking of zombies, too. Wouldn't that be an awful way to bring him back? Wow. Although maybe they can use one of the collar devices like in Fido.

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
                          But they're also still insisting on Sam being a good fit, and that just... argh.

So I'm encouraged, but I'm also still very much "I'll believe it when I see it", too. This show has had great promise all along, and only rarely has it lived up to that promise.
                          yup yup and yup!..i still need weir...and sam to be gone
                          you think Carson will see season 5..if there is a season 5?

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          Heh. Joe M. did say Carson was going to be "in the flesh", he just forgot to mention the rotting part.
                          no no no thats not the actors thats the storyline! .... hehe its rotting! or maybe the brains of TPTB
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            I don't want to spend too much time thinking about how Carson will come back. So many ways it can go wrong...
                            That is the problem. You bring a character back, one from the dead, it is just wrong.

Worst decision since they let The Tower go to air.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                              you think Carson will see season 5..if there is a season 5?
                              I want to say that I think the chances are good, very good. But who knows at this point?
                              sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                              ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Hmm.... Anyone ever seen the movie Weekend at Bernie's? Maybe they'll have cause to pretend Carson is still alive and will have to pull off riotous capers with his corpse while all those around them are so astoundingly unobservant that they manage to miss the fact that he's dead. Much hilarity ensues.

And if it's anything like the sequel, there could even be some salsa music playing that'll animate the corpse.

Comment

Working...
                                X