Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I'm afraid they'll have quite a bit of driving to do. I bet they have to kill the whole cast to get better ratings.

BIG NEWS ON THE SGA-FRONT

Due to falling ratings, TPTB are taking desperate measures to save their precious show. For the first time in sci-fi history an entire cast will be killed off and replaced with a whole new one. Casting has already begun and there are some promising names coming up to play the most important people on the (new) show.

We will keep you up-to-date on this matter. Check back regurlarly for more news.
    Ah, but you forgot to mention that all those promising names must be young, hot space babes or the kirk types who "love" them...
    SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
      And as for their reaction to the Save Carson Beckett Campaign! Now don't get me wrong I adore Beckett and the SCB campaign group and want them to succeed (and I personally probably won't be watching again until they do) but I would like to know where they (TPTB) think it's going to end. I see two results, First the campaign wins and Beckett is restored in which case there will be comments about who controls things, what influence the fans have and will set off other campaign groups.
      Well, the SCB folks have won a victory, if not everything they wanted. Beckett coming back for two episodes, at least, and maybe three.

Part of me says, "Great, I'll watch S4 now!" But the cynic in me says, "You hated the Shep and McKay Show" in S3; what makes you think it's going to be any better in S4?"

Yes, I'm thrilled they'll be bringing Carson back for at least two episodes. Ecstatic that we're getting him back, alive and well, evidently. But it would have been smarter not to kill him off in the first place. And unless TPTB address all their other problems, the terrible writing, the skewed focus on John and Rodney, and so on, even bringing Carson back won't save the show.
      sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
      ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
        Well, the SCB folks have won a victory, if not everything they wanted. Beckett coming back for two episodes, at least, and maybe three.

Part of me says, "Great, I'll watch S4 now!" But the cynic in me says, "You hated the Shep and McKay Show" in S3; what makes you think it's going to be any better in S4?"

Yes, I'm thrilled they'll be bringing Carson back for at least two episodes. Ecstatic that we're getting him back, alive and well, evidently. But it would have been smarter not to kill him off in the first place. And unless TPTB address all their other problems, the terrible writing, the skewed focus on John and Rodney, and so on, even bringing Carson back won't save the show.

Glad to hear the news, but unfortunately it hasn't changed my ambivalence towards season 4. Carson should never have been killed off - it was just a really stupid move. Especially if they had no apparent intention of having his death mean anything except an opportunity to blow something up. And Elilzabeth' future is still "cloudy" at best.

Call me a cynic, but it's just way too convenient. Don't want to give JM too much credit, but sounds like he orchestrated the whole thing pretty well. Perhaps they intended this all along. What's that old saying - "if it sounds like its too good to be true . . ."

Still, some version of Carson will be back and who knows what that may mean for season 5 (if there is one).
        sigpic

Comment

I'm also somewhat ambivalent over TPTB pulling a Ford with Carson. When they brought back Ford it a) actually made me like the character less because of the changes to his character and b) didn't help the overall quality of the show.

They can add and remove all the characters they want, but IMO the show is suffering because of episodes with lackluster plots, episodes that feel lifted from SG1, bland and underdeveloped enemies, and characters that aren't compelling due to their lack of development. It's akin to shining up an apple with a rotting core...

Comment

I swear if they are going to pull Dallas on Atlantis I'm going to scream.

Comment

I'm happy for the people and fans over at the SCB campaign.

But I still have no intentions of watching S4.

Comment

Originally posted by eyecandylovr View Post
                Ah, but you forgot to mention that all those promising names must be young, hot space babes or the kirk types who "love" them...
                Oops ... mmm...might have to change the news-bulletin a little.

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                Call me a cynic, but it's just way too convenient. Don't want to give JM too much credit, but sounds like he orchestrated the whole thing pretty well. Perhaps they intended this all along. What's that old saying - "if it sounds like its too good to be true . . ."
                Yeah, sounds like you could be right...

Originally posted by dana View Post
                I swear if they are going to pull Dallas on Atlantis I'm going to scream.
                LOL!!!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  BIG NEWS ON THE SGA-FRONT

Due to falling ratings, TPTB are taking desperate measures to save their precious show. For the first time in sci-fi history an entire cast will be killed off and replaced with a whole new one. Casting has already begun and there are some promising names coming up to play the most important people on the (new) show.

We will keep you up-to-date on this matter. Check back regurlarly for more news.
                  UPDATE on the news-front, from our reporter Eyecandylovr

According to our reporter it is now known that all of our promising names will be young, hot space babes and Kirk-types who will obviously "love" them.

Stick with us for more updates as we keep an eye on TPTB's progress.

Having too much fun with this...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    I'm also somewhat ambivalent over TPTB pulling a Ford with Carson. When they brought back Ford it a) actually made me like the character less because of the changes to his character and b) didn't help the overall quality of the show.

They can add and remove all the characters they want, but IMO the show is suffering because of episodes with lackluster plots, episodes that feel lifted from SG1, bland and underdeveloped enemies, and characters that aren't compelling due to their lack of development. It's akin to shining up an apple with a rotting core...
                    I don't know how to react to this whole thing myself, frankly. I'm happy for the people who went to all that trouble campaigning, and I do hope they get what they want out of the episodes.

On the other hand, for my own part, I don't really have any faith that the current writers/producers will handle this well. They certainly didn't when they put out that schlocky "Sunday." I'm hard-pressed to think of a dramatic situation they've handled well. The ones in S3 that I liked were done by writers they've let go.

In a way, I'd like to believe they had a sneaky "master plan" behind all this (i.e. "Let's kill off a popular character or two to peak fan interest/publicity, and then thow some crumbs to anyone that gets too vocal"). If I could believe that, at least they'd have had a plan behind their mess.

But it looks more like they've had one half-@ssed idea after another (switching out Ford for Ronon, double-double-crossing Michael, remaking the replicators, switching out Beckett for Keller, switching out Weir for Carter), and now they're willing to make another likely-pointless switch.

I'm just not convinced they'll be able to explain how Beckett was miraculously transported away/cloned/trapped in Rodney's head, without making it look flat-out ridiculous. And I'm afraid B.'ll get a laughable return on top of his laughable death, which is such a shame.

Comment

How will they save Carson?

1. Something will happen to alter the timeline so that Carson was never killed. Taken a step further, maybe it'll be that he never even joined the Expedition. An even will arise requiring his participation and he'll be drafted to the project against his better judgment. Maybe someone (probably Rodney) will remember Carson's involvement and lobby on his side... or maybe it'll be a convenient way to utterly wipe Carson from the history of Atlantis. This idea has the added benefit of meaning that TPTB don't have to worry about integrating Keller or giving her background details since they can pass it all off as having happened in the alternate past. This doesn't count as an "alternate" reality because technically it's now "our" reality.

2. Cloning. Maybe the Asgards aren't the only ones mucking about with that technology.

3. Hybrid. Say hello to WraithCarson. Or maybe IratusCarson. Team Atlantis can subject him to Carson's own retrovirus in order to "save" him. Ah, the irony.

4. Backup copy. Gods bless Lantean technology and its ability to conveniently do whatever TPTB need it to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        3. Hybrid. Say hello to WraithCarson. Or maybe IratusCarson. Team Atlantis can subject him to Carson's own retrovirus in order to "save" him. Ah, the irony.
                        I hope Beckett doesn't turn out to be one of those bugs Michael created. Given what happened to Ford, I wouldn't be surprised, though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                          I hope Beckett doesn't turn out to be one of those bugs Michael created. Given what happened to Ford, I wouldn't be surprised, though.
                          Well given this is Stargate you can pretty much count on Carson not being "Carson" when he returns.

I wouldn't mind him being held captive by Michael, there is something delicious about making Carson pay for his mistakes and that being the only reason to bring him back.

I think it is more likely to be something that has nothing to do with the virus or "revenge" or ethics. Ethics! LOL!

Comment

In case anyone here is interested:

Update from Joe Mallozzi's blog:

Anonymous #2 writes: “ Now that Paul has been contracted for two episodes in the back half of season 4 is there any chance to have a count on how many episodes Torri has been contracted for?”

Answer: So far, she has been contracted for four episodes.

Comment

if you're going to kill someone please keep them in the ground.

Comment

I disagree. Not if it's death by tumor explosion.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X