Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    Hmmm... How much you wanna bet TPTB are gonna whine about how Coop's statement was taken out of context?
    Oh I'm sure that's what they're gonna say. Can't wait to see if JM addresses this on his blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
      Oh I'm sure that's what they're gonna say. Can't wait to see if JM addresses this on his blog.
      Oh, he'll prolly call us misinformed lemmings again.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
        Oh, he'll prolly call us misinformed lemmings again.
        He's already called us lemmings once and while he is a great believer in recycling his plots, he tends to become increasingly derogatory when it comes to insulting fandom. Whatever we get called, it'll make lemmings seem like the AKC Best in Show by comparison.

Comment

Hmmm... How much you wanna bet TPTB are gonna whine about how Coop's statement was taken out of context?
          Seeing as it makes it pretty bloody impossible for them to perpetuate the myth that Weir/Torri was absotively posilutely not drop-kicked to recurring in order to make room for Lt. Col. Wonderful, I'd say the odds are fantastically in favor of such whining taking place.

Comment

Originally posted by Suki View Post
            Seeing as it makes it pretty bloody impossible for them to perpetuate the myth that Weir/Torri was absotively posilutely not drop-kicked to recurring in order to make room for Lt. Col. Wonderful, I'd say the odds are fantastically in favor of such whining taking place.
            JM has said all along that Torri being reduced had nothing to do with Carter. That the two decisions were independent of each other. HOGWASH I say!

Comment

JM has said all along that Torri being reduced had nothing to do with Carter. That the two decisions were independent of each other. HOGWASH I say!
              If SG1 had been renewed for another season, they wouldn't have had Carter to move over, and you know Torri would have stayed. What else would they have done? They couldn't put Mitch Pileggi (Caldwell) in charge as he is working on another show. It would have been yet ANOTHER new character?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Obviously, somebody at the magazine edited out the part where Coop, realizing his error, clarified his statement by saying, "I'm sorry, did I say 'the change (from one character/actress to the other)' needed to be made? Silly me, what I meant to say was, 'the two completely independent and wholly unrelated creative decisions' needed to be made."

Either that or Coop doesn't read The Blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Suki View Post
                  Obviously, somebody at the magazine edited out the part where Coop, realizing his error, clarified his statement by saying, "I'm sorry, did I say 'the change (from one character/actress to the other)' needed to be made? Silly me, what I meant to say was, 'the two completely independent and wholly unrelated creative decisions' needed to be made."

Either that or Coop doesn't read The Blog.
                  I don't think they know what they're doing period. Getting rid of Weir and bringing Carter on to replace her are not mutually exclusive decisions. If that makes sense.

Comment

I don't think they know what they're doing period. Getting rid of Weir and bringing Carter on to replace her are not mutually exclusive decisions. If that makes sense.
                    I truly like the character of Sam Carter but I would prefer TPTB keep her in her own galaxy. I think it is one of those money decisions that are penny wise etc.
                    Atlantis was suppose to be distinct - PTB follow through!!
                    sigpic
                    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Personally, I think the article (finally found a link to the scan here) is pretty insulting towards Carter, too, since it seems to imply (to me, anyway) that she was never "good enough" to take a leadership position on SG-1 and thus has to be foisted off on the "inferior" Atlantis where she'll be able to shine. From behind a desk.

Comment

Personally, I think the article (finally found a link to the scan here) is pretty insulting towards Carter, too, since it seems to imply (to me, anyway) that she was never "good enough" to take a leadership position on SG-1 and thus has to be foisted off on the "inferior" Atlantis where she'll be able to shine. From behind a desk.
                        She was never "good enough" because the role of "SG-1 leader," on SG-1, was the role that went to the "star of the show" - except for Season 8, when the role of "SGC commander" did - and Carter wasn't a strong enough character for that. When RDA left, it was either bring in another "star" to play general or bump Carter out of command of SG-1 and bring another "star" into that role (and, leaving aside my feelings on how Mitchell turned out, I can't fault TPTB for recognizing that Carter couldn't stay in a role that would make her the "star" of the show, they weren't wrong about that; coming as close as they have, in this article, to admitting this, however, might indicate a lack of discretion on their part).

On SGA, however, the role of "expedition leader" was not the role that went to the "star of the show" so, yes, while SGA is in no way the inferior show, as far as I'm concerned, of the two roles - SG-1 leader or Atlantis expedition leader - the latter is the "inferior" one, status-symbol-wise, and thus the "safe" command to give to their pet character.

So they completely upend one show in order to prop up a character they (or the network, or both) didn't feel could carry another show, and we're supposed to be excited about this "wonderful" new addition when their own past actions indicate they know full well she isn't as wonderful as all that.

Yes, I can see how this "needed" to be done.

For Carter's benefit. Certainly not mine.
                        Last edited by Suki; 06 April 2007, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Well ladies and gentlemen, looks like the fat lady has finally sung.

I'd pretty much given up on season 4. Exploding tumors will that to a girl. But with Weir, I was hoping against hope that I would at least have a reason to peek in on some episodes of season 4. Looks like that ain't gonna happen. I will not be around to watch <mod snip> cut Elizabeth off at the knees.

I just don't understand how they think a character from a show that has been cancelled due to falling ratings (viewer fatigue I would think) is gonna improve the ratings of a spin-off that was already doing better than its parent. Especially when the spin off looses two pretty popular existing characters to make room. These guys must be studying the Enron guide to success. LOL.

Anyway, one thing I have learned from this debacle. I will never watch another show that these guys produce. It just isn't worth the aggravation. They apparently don't know when its time to let go . . . but I sure as hell do.
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 06 April 2007, 04:40 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

man i have ranted and i have raved and now that the truth is finally out...

man i got nothing to add... i love torri and paul

this sucks and its sad.
                            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

You know what, I hate to say it, but you can't put any stock in anything these guys say. I'm not gonna use the word lie, but they have been weaving and bobbing since this whole thing first hit. Are they so arrogant that they didn't they expect fans to react? Or did they think we would just fall into lockstep because the Bridge boys know what's best and who are we, the lowly fans, to question their brilliance. LOL.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                                man i have ranted and i have raved and now that the truth is finally out...

man i got nothing to add... i love torri and paul

this sucks and its sad.

I know exactly how you feel. . . like I've been kicked in the gut. So sad.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X