Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J. Stone View Post
    Throw rocks, bricks or anything you have handy if you must, but this is my honest opinion.

1. Weir. Should be enough said, but I will elaborate. This woman has made more bad decisions than anyone has a right to. She makes these decisions based on her morals and not her head. Atlantis is the first line of defense against the Wraith. A person with a military background and able to make the tough decisions should be in charge. Not some tree hugging, squirrel humping, anti death penalty, hippie. How many chances has she given Michael? How many times has THAT come back to bite her in the ass? There is a debate going on about Carter vs Weir. If this were a real situation, I'd take Carter in a heartbeat, so that my heart could continue to beat.

2. McKay. I like the character in general, but come on!! Ego is one thing, but he takes it to a whole new level. So much so, he blew up a freaking planet. He insults the other members and never admits his faults. Yeah, they did have an episode that had him dying and he admitted some of these faults, but once he found out he was going to live he reverted back to his same old annoying self. Characters like this need to have some type of redeeming quality to make him, at least, likable. It seems to me that his attitude bringing down the morale of the expedition far outweigh the contributions (and failures) he makes.

3. Teyla. Another person who appears to cause more trouble than she is worth. Another Weir in that she wants to believe in everyone. That is not the way to run the first line of defense.

4. Sheppard. If you're in charge, be in charge! If the people in your command can't follow your orders either replace them, or stand down. I don't remember the episode, but when Ronon said to Sheppard "If you kill him first, I'll kill you" I wanted to throw up. NO military leader I have ever served with would have put up that. He stands around with his hands in his pockets when Weir is making bad choices. Choices he knows to be wrong. Grow a spine for Gods Sake.

5. No main bad guy to speak of. What we have are the Wraith. The show needs one (or a group) of clear cut, identifiable people/person to give the team a target to shoot for. Literally.

6. A better more defined storyline to follow. What is the purpose of this expedition? Is it to defend Earth from the Wraith or to explore Atlantis for some really cool stuff? Or both? Why are there TWO aliens on the First Team? When Teal'c joined the SGC he wanted to help Earth defeat the Goa'uld thus saving and freeing his people. Tayla wants to help, but why? Its the right thing to do? Not much real incentive. Why is Ronon on the team? Because he was homeless? Well hell, we have a truckload of homeless people here on Earth that would love the job. Ronon is skilled, but we have soldiers in the military that are equally as skilled. Put one of them on the team. Or better yet, dump Teyla and put a sexy Earth girl in her place.

Okay. I'm done. The brick throwing may now begin.
    In other words, you don't like the writers

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      Yeah. That about covers it.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        well i'll tell you i'm not sure if i like the idea of joe and paul running SGA
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i like the writing... i don't like that the answer to every problem is blow it up

we want to shake things up *carson blow up*
          the Asurans are being naughty *asurans blow up*
          Weir disagrees with the military *weir blows up*

i do love what atlantis was though.. and i will be watching a lot of dvd's
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by J. Stone View Post
            Throw rocks, bricks or anything you have handy if you must, but this is my honest opinion.

[points 1-6]

Okay. I'm done. The brick throwing may now begin.
            J. Stone openly invited 'brick throwing'. Behind the scenes I greened him for the frankness of his post (even though I disagreed with some of the content) and merely commented on the thread that I thought he was rattling our cages, pulling our legs, having a laugh, teasing us, playing devil's advocate, however you want to phrase it. Which was my honest opinion. And some third party red jello's me for that?
            Last edited by Commander Ivanova; 14 February 2007, 01:45 AM. Reason: Unwarranted red jello attack
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but SciFi is running an SGA marathon of sorts on Friday the 16th. About 8 hours worth and looks like season 1. I know they're starting with The Rising. Remembering the good times . . . (sigh).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but SciFi is running an SGA marathon of sorts on Friday the 16th. About 8 hours worth and looks like season 1. I know they're starting with The Rising. Remembering the good times . . . (sigh).
                awww wish i got the sci fi channel... can't get it up here

but maybe i'll have my own private one in homage
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                  Haha! Nice one. Reminds me of a former boss of mine. Someone does/says something you don't like? Yell! Beat them into submission. Don't ever talk, discuss, negotiate -- just yell! Same principle.. and the sign of being limited in your skills, IMO.
                  I still don't blame the writers i think their hands got to be tied to a certain extent.... darn i'm going to miss this show

i was thinking... i'm not watching 4...

but what would make me change my mind?

i think some how ...

Spoiler:
                  ressurecting carson

its not impossible.. how many times has daniel died?

if Sam became only a minor reoccuring character

and if

Spoiler:
                  Weir reclaimed her leadership
                  Last edited by parisindy; 14 February 2007, 03:12 PM.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

I'm not sure I agree with tori's demotion. Sure people might argue that she does very little on off world based shows, but Hammond never really had huge amounts of screentime on SG1 and Landry doesn't either yet neither of those characters were recuring.
                    Also as she's recurring its not exactly a full time job for her anymore so she may find another perminant role in another show for her which limits the amount of time that she is free for filming on Atlantis, again not good for us

I will be very upset if they throw Carter into the leadership of Atlantis role over her and I've never really liked the whole carter/mckay relationship thing, it always seemed a little pathetic that whenever they met they would bicker all the time. Hopefully they will tone that down a bit and also not sideline mckay in favour of her whenever something happens.

I'm not generally against season 4, I'd much rather have Atlantis to watch than none at all, its just bizzare that TPTB want to make so many cast changes in such a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by DrCheese View Post
                      its just bizzare that TPTB want to make so many cast changes in such a short time.
                      couldn't agree more with that last little bit
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                        awww wish i got the sci fi channel... can't get it up here

but maybe i'll have my own private one in homage
                        Me, too. I still have an unwrapped first season to plunge into someday. But right now I'm not in the mood. Keep remembering it just ain't the same show anymore. When I manage to quit being irked over the damaging cast changes then I'll be enjoying Hide and Seek, 38 Minutes and Hot Zone all over again. Remember Poisoning the Well?

Paul McGillion: Now you see him, now you don't.

Comment

Weir is still going to be the leader of the expedition, she just isn't going to show up at every mission just to say "good work john".
                          My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                            Weir is still going to be the leader of the expedition, she just isn't going to show up at every mission just to say "good work john".
                            i heard sam was taking over..don't much matter really thats just onw change i dislike there are so many more

i can't wait till my season 2 dvd's come!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

This thread makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Yeah, literally.

Comment

To me, season 4 of Atlantis has turned into what season 9 & 10 of SG-1 was. Season 9 & 10, IMO, had too many cast changes, so much so, I felt they should've renamed the show (which I know they tried to do, right?). And I'm getting the same feeling with Atlantis. So no, I won't be watching season 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X