Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh so sorry i didn't see it! i kind of poked around... guess i'm just blind maybe the mods can merge the two

or is the subject matter different? i think my thread is different
    the other thread is for complaining i want mine to be about remembering the good stuff from before
    can we have 2 threads?
    Last edited by parisindy; 13 February 2007, 12:04 PM.
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

oops i accidently started a second thread... do you think they are different or should we get the mods to merge them? i think they are a bit different

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40649
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Thank you and

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
          Oh so sorry i didn't see it! i kind of poked around... guess i'm just blind maybe the mods can merge the two

or is the subject matter different? i think my thread is different
          the other thread is for complaining i want mine to be about remembering the good stuff from before
          can we have 2 threads?
          Typically, anti threads mix both positive and negative...such as, "Here's what I really hate about Season X/it used to be so much better in Season Y because...".

People need a place to vent frustration as well as celebrate what they enjoyed...how a show they love is changing into something different that they either don't know they'll like or have pre-determined not to like because they didn't care for the changes that have already taken place.

Anti threads aren't only for the ones that truly detest a season...they're also for those who have misgivings about it; and as a result, people do tend to reminisce about the things they love and miss or will miss.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I've always liked snarky McKay, and Zelenka is a gem, but Weir never was written well enough for Torri's talents. TPTB still can't write good female characters, and I doubt they ever will (Carter being the exception, but there were a few different writers around when she was created).

Teyla was supposed to be like Teal'c in that she could give us info on the PG, but all we've seen is her Tour-Guide Barbie explanations of farming communities. Her talents as a resource never were fully explored and now she is just as shocked as the rest of our team when they encounter a new world. There is nothing that sets her apart or makes her unique, like Teal'c, who is still a marvelous and interesting character, full of intelligence, strength, and yet a silent warmth that endears him to the viewer. Teal'c is a true leader among the Jaffa, and I have yet to see Teyla do anything "leaderly" with the Athosians.

Sheppard was cute in season 1, and his "I don't want to lead" personality fit. Here was a character who could grow into his role as a leader. Alas, in season 2 he started bagging chicks for a hobby and everything else he did was static and the same, week after week. Now he is just, meh.

Carson was the heart and soul, even with his failed attempts for a retrovirus. He really wanted to help. Dumping him was a mistake. Too big a hole for Jewel Staite to fill, I fear.

The Wraith started out interesting, but everytime we get one we can identify with, they get killed. A good, recurring queen would have been fun. Michael isn't exactly a Wraith, so he doesn't count (as the Wraith don't want him either). SGA needed an Anubis, or Apophis-type villian. One never materialized. Kolya was close, but the writers messed him up too in Irresponsible.

I'll probably watch bits and pieces of season 4, but I'm not going to go out of my way to do it, like I used to for SG1/SGA/BSG Fridays.

Comment

I asked the mods if we could keep both threads...just waiting for a reply
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                Typically, anti threads mix both positive and negative...such as, "Here's what I really hate about Season X/it used to be so much better in Season Y because...".

People need a place to vent frustration as well as celebrate what they enjoyed...how a show they love is changing into something different that they either don't know they'll like or have pre-determined not to like because they didn't care for the changes that have already taken place.

Anti threads aren't only for the ones that truly detest a season...they're also for those who have misgivings about it; and as a result, people do tend to reminisce about the things they love and miss or will miss.

well said i guess i just don't want to dwell and get lost in negativitly, which i can be prone to do... i wanted to remember the show i love

ah either way i'll be happy as long as i can talk about the atlantis i love it should be cool
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                  I love Shep and McKay, but with just the two of them it'll be a lot of snarkiness. Elizabeth softens both characters.
                  agreed i totally love that about elizabeth!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                    agreed i totally love that about elizabeth!
                    Yeap the show won't, be the same without all three

Just adding one more to fav episodes, Before I Sleep.
                    BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                      I've always liked snarky McKay, and Zelenka is a gem, but Weir never was written well enough for Torri's talents. TPTB still can't write good female characters, and I doubt they ever will (Carter being the exception, but there were a few different writers around when she was created).

Teyla was supposed to be like Teal'c in that she could give us info on the PG, but all we've seen is her Tour-Guide Barbie explanations of farming communities. Her talents as a resource never were fully explored and now she is just as shocked as the rest of our team when they encounter a new world. There is nothing that sets her apart or makes her unique, like Teal'c, who is still a marvelous and interesting character, full of intelligence, strength, and yet a silent warmth that endears him to the viewer. Teal'c is a true leader among the Jaffa, and I have yet to see Teyla do anything "leaderly" with the Athosians.

Sheppard was cute in season 1, and his "I don't want to lead" personality fit. Here was a character who could grow into his role as a leader. Alas, in season 2 he started bagging chicks for a hobby and everything else he did was static and the same, week after week. Now he is just, meh.

Carson was the heart and soul, even with his failed attempts for a retrovirus. He really wanted to help. Dumping him was a mistake. Too big a hole for Jewel Staite to fill, I fear.

The Wraith started out interesting, but everytime we get one we can identify with, they get killed. A good, recurring queen would have been fun. Michael isn't exactly a Wraith, so he doesn't count (as the Wraith don't want him either). SGA needed an Anubis, or Apophis-type villian. One never materialized. Kolya was close, but the writers messed him up too in Irresponsible.

I'll probably watch bits and pieces of season 4, but I'm not going to go out of my way to do it, like I used to for SG1/SGA/BSG Fridays.
                      Outstanding reply. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                        Yeap the show won't, be the same without all three

Just adding one more to fav episodes, Before I Sleep.
                        yup totally..its not the same show anymore

oo before i sleep excellent!

loved sheppy sleeping my liz's bed
                        Spoiler:

Comment

I remember the beginning of season one - so much potential, so much wide-eyed wonder for the new city and galaxy they had just discovered.

Ah...good times, good times...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            I remember the beginning of season one - so much potential, so much wide-eyed wonder for the new city and galaxy they had just discovered.

Ah...good times, good times...
                            yup (((hugs))) it was a beautiful thing
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I love the idea of this thread. Its kind of like an Irish wake . . . you remember and celebrate the good times so you can keep the tears at bay. LOL. I'll have to give my "best of" episodes some thought. I like all the characters, but my favorite three would have to be Shep, Elizabeth and Carson.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                                I love the idea of this thread. Its kind of like an Irish wake . . . you remember and celebrate the good times so you can keep the tears at bay. LOL. I'll have to give my "best of" episodes some thought. I like all the characters, but my favorite three would have to be Shep, Elizabeth and Carson.
                                aww yes thats a lovely thought truly! i'd green you if i could

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X