Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I think it's a case of payback but oh well... nothing I can do about it. If I want to stay around I have to change it cause otherwise I'll go on moderation. Have to take my car off the grid, like in NFS: Most Wanted.
    OR place it in the spoiler tags (it's what I do)

    Comment


      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I think it's a case of payback but oh well... nothing I can do about it. If I want to stay around I have to change it cause otherwise I'll go on moderation. Have to take my car off the grid, like in NFS: Most Wanted.
      Sometimes I wonder if theres just nothing better to do, than this.

      Oh I don't think I weighed in on Last Man yet, should I even bother in that thread? I think most people have already said what I feel (in combination). It was very slow considering it was the last episode of the season.
      sig made by me

      Comment


        Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        OR place it in the spoiler tags (it's what I do)
        Seems that isn't an option either... But I'll figure it out somehow...

        Edit: It seems my usual Image Rotation site has gone the paying-way so no more free image rotation for me, anyone know a good free site which offers rotation?
        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 10 March 2008, 07:44 AM.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

        Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

        Comment


          Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          Hope you won't be washed away
          Things seem to be quiet at the moment, the Met Office are still saying the worse is yet to come

          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Edit: It seems my usual Image Rotation site has gone the paying-way so no more free image rotation for me, anyone know a good free site which offers rotation?
          What Falcon said, I used to use it too

          Comment


            Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            Sometimes I wonder if theres just nothing better to do, than this.

            Oh I don't think I weighed in on Last Man yet, should I even bother in that thread? I think most people have already said what I feel (in combination). It was very slow considering it was the last episode of the season.
            Yup, pretty slow, and emotionally unaffecting. We should, um, care when characters we like die, right? Even if they were in an AU timeline.... But, not so much.

            Comment


              Ha! Should we cry for the AU characters? I don't think so. Blaah.
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                Ha! Should we cry for the AU characters? I don't think so. Blaah.
                I would've felt sadness for the AU characters if I was as invested in the charachers as I was in previous seasons. And if the AU timeline was presented well. I'm not, and it wasn't, therefore I didn't really care.

                I also hate how they made Radek the "coffe-boy." It was meant for laughs, but I'm tired of how he's been made the butt of jokes this year.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                  I would've felt sadness for the AU characters if I was as invested in the charachers as I was in previous seasons. And if the AU timeline was presented well. I'm not, and it wasn't, therefore I didn't really care.

                  I also hate how they made Radek the "coffe-boy." It was meant for laughs, but I'm tired of how he's been made the butt of jokes this year.
                  This season has been full of put downs.

                  I would also feel sadness for AU characters, when I felt they actually meant something. JF does emotions beautifully (at least to me), and he chose to play it like he was listening to a bad story, that didn't have any merit. So it was hard for me to care at all. At the least I'd have cared for Ronon, and I didn't.
                  sig made by me

                  Comment


                    I felt a jab when Teyla was found dead. But no breaking of the heart like it did in DG.

                    Otherwise my sleeping cat was far more interesting than TLM.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                      I would've felt sadness for the AU characters if I was as invested in the charachers as I was in previous seasons. And if the AU timeline was presented well. I'm not, and it wasn't, therefore I didn't really care.

                      I also hate how they made Radek the "coffe-boy." It was meant for laughs, but I'm tired of how he's been made the butt of jokes this year.
                      It seemed to me that all the popular-with-fan-characters-that-aren't-john- and-rodney like Zelenka, Lorne, Weir, Carson, Ronon and Teyla were made to look bad, killed off, made fun of, made to stand around and look pretty or given some really crap storylines so TPTB's favourite characters like Sam and Keller would shown as being better than the cast already in situ and TPTB hoped we'd like them better. Oh boy were they gravely mistaken

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        Oh boy were they gravely mistaken
                        You mean to say, it backfired.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                        Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                          It seemed to me that all the popular-with-fan-characters-that-aren't-john- and-rodney like Zelenka, Lorne, Weir, Carson, Ronon and Teyla were made to look bad, killed off, made fun of, made to stand around and look pretty or given some really crap storylines so TPTB's favourite characters like Sam and Keller would shown as being better than the cast already in situ and TPTB hoped we'd like them better. Oh boy were they gravely mistaken
                          True. When you try to shove something down someone's throat, their gag reflex kicks in.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            You mean to say, it backfired.
                            Pretty much, yeah

                            Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                            True. When you try to shove something down someone's throat, their gag reflex kicks in.
                            That and the fact if you try and tell someone "You will like this character" people are going to do the opposite

                            Comment


                              What I wonder some times about is the fact that the things so many people are complaining about, others find perfectly acceptable and some even love it. What am I doing wrong? What is wrong with my viewership? Why am I not satisfied? I am not a over the top demanding. I like a good story, and even though one of my favorite character was killed/written off, I was willing to give it a chance. I find that I have wasted much of my time.
                              sig made by me

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                                What I wonder some times about is the fact that the things so many people are complaining about, others find perfectly acceptable and some even love it. What am I doing wrong? What is wrong with my viewership? Why am I not satisfied? I am not a over the top demanding. I like a good story, and even though one of my favorite character was killed/written off, I was willing to give it a chance. I find that I have wasted much of my time.
                                You are doing nothing wrong. We all have different opinions of the show. You have fans who share in your fustration and dissapointment, but there are people who loved the season, and are saying, "How can you not have loved this season"!. It truly is the nature of any forum bboard. I totally respect people's opinions if they watched the show and gave it a try.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X