Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    We need something like this to spice things up in Atlantis . Ladies, start screaming

Spoiler:
    What's that? The Atlantis Am Dram production of The Rocky Horror Show?

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
    I'm on a trial separation myself, we just grew apart :sniff
    I'm signing the Decree Nisi, by the end of the series I think It'll be the Decree Absolute

Comment

"Your honor, he started off so smart and funny and now all he does is act stupid, ogle women and try and get them to flash him, invite my ex-boyfriends to stay in our home, whine, and joke about date rape. And when I pointed out his bad behavior he called me a lemming!" O_o

Comment

The judge says, it's not nice joking about date rape!
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          What's that? The Atlantis Am Dram production of The Rocky Horror Show?

Something that would spice things up in Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
            "Your honor, he started off so smart and funny and now all he does is act stupid, ogle women and try and get them to flash him, invite my ex-boyfriends to stay in our home, whine, and joke about date rape. And when I pointed out his bad behavior he called me a lemming!" O_o
            Upon that evidence divorce is granted

Something that would spice things up in Atlantis
            Oh what I wouldn't give to see Sheppard in stockings and suspenders as Frank

Comment

As to the comets earlier about the looks of the women on the show. They are all very beautiful.

The sexism arises from the lack of attention given to a female lead in the show. When attention is given, it's basically staring at boobs, butts or some other body part.

IMO the show's leads are written as a take off of Jack and Daniel in SG-1...but it falls flat because Jack and Daniel had a deeper connection than Rodney and Sheppard.

JM stated that both Mitchell and Sheppard were written like Jack and Rodney is basically the woman of the series. He's been slowly morphed into a alternate version of late SG-1 Daniel.

Shep and McKay are written like bickering lovers and tptb wrote Jack and Daniel in the same frame...admitted by MS at a con that Jack and Daniel were written as gay guys.

So, perhaps Rodney's break up with Katie and his "lusting" for Sam is his just his own denial that he really wants sheppard...lol.

Joking aside, I think they reason Rodney has basically become the "leading female" of the show is due to the facts that A...he's more fun to write for so tptb tend to write more of him and B...tptb seem to shy writing strong female characters over all.

Sam started out very strong in early SG-1 but by the end of the series she was much wallpaper as Teyla has become.

I agree there is sexism in the show, I don't think it's deliberate but the fact that tptb can't seem to follow through on promises makes me believe there is a deliberate attempt not to correct the problem.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              This is bad - it's Monday and I've read lots of positive reviews for Midway...and I still haven't had the desire to watch it. It's been three years since the honeymoon phase (s1) and now I'm finally in the divorce hearings.
              Don't feel bad...I stopped watching SGA after BAMSR. After I saw what they were going to do to weir I didn't care to watch it anymore.

My blissful honeymoon only lasted the first year, after that I removed the rose colored glasses and saw it for what it was slowly becoming--Stargate McKay and Colonel Sheppard the trusty sidekick.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

The trusty sidekick or side - kirk? LOL

Comment

Ahem .. found this floating around on my computer today. No I am NOT endorsing Shep as Kirk.

I have no idea who made this.
                  sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                    Ahem .. found this floating around on my computer today. No I am NOT endorsing Shep as Kirk.

I have no idea who made this.
                    Oh for crying out loud!!! Poor Barbie!!!

*headdesk*

LAMAO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I just watched Sunday and I had to chuckle at Carson's memorial. He had a bigger turn-up of people dead than Carter had alive when she arrived in Atlantis.
                      Hee, hee, you're right!

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                      did you like Jumper? I just ordered the PS2 game

is Nickolas Nickleby a tv series of a movie?
                      I did like Jumper. It was a good popcorn adventure movie. I probably would've liked it more if I had read the books, because I felt there was maybe some backstory that got cut. I also didn't like the David/Millie romance much; I would've rather seen more David/Griffin stuff--that was cool. It also gets extra points with me for having a part filmed in Ann Arbor, Michigan. That's my home state, and it so rarely appears in films. I want to read the book now.

There's a miniseries, but Jamie is in the 2 hour movie. Anne Hathaway and Nathan Lane are also in the film with him.

Would you guys agree with me that they've given Jeanie more depth in the what 3 episodes than they have managed to give Teyla in 4 seasons? The compassion for her character is lacking.
                      I would agree. Jeanie seems to be a fleshed out character...Teyla, not so much. Really, we know so little about her, and we really should by now.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      A background story doesn't make a good character. Keller is a case in point. She's been at her worst when they're trying to create background for her.
                      I agree. I was somewhat neutral about Keller until Quarentine and that disasterous conversation with Ronon about her child-genius past. It really backfired, imo. It was hard to hear her complaining about being brilliant. I'm sure it was difficult, but the blessings far outweighed some social stigma. How many people "don't fit in" to various degrees, but do so because of worse reasons, reasons that aren't because of the blessing of high intelligence?

We need something like this to spice things up in Atlantis . Ladies, start screaming

Spoiler:
                      I really have to watch Farscape. Though that photo just looks crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I just watched Sunday and I had to chuckle at Carson's memorial. He had a bigger turn-up of people dead than Carter had alive when she arrived in Atlantis.
                        If you say so . He also had a better turn up than Heightmeyer

****heee heee heee***

Comment

*looks around*

where are you antis? Have you all gone to bed? working? partying?
                          sig made by me

Comment

*looks around*

where are you antis? Have you all gone to bed? working? partying?
                            I am crying here because Crooooiggghttton is dead!!!!!

Comment

I am crying here because Crooooiggghttton is dead!!!!!
                              Pats Integra. It's OK. Have some chocolate - that always helps me.
                              sig made by me

Comment

Pats Integra. It's OK. Have some chocolate - that always helps me.

***takes chocolate, starts muffling, wipes tears, uses hanky and smiles ***

Comment

Working...
                                X