Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
    I really like it. It is a bit sentimental in spots. Dickens can be that way sometimes. But Jamie is terrific in it and I really enjoyed it.

I'm going to see Jumper this afternoon--I better go or I'll miss the previews.
    did you like Jumper? I just ordered the PS2 game

is Nickolas Nickleby a tv series of a movie?
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
      There is no direction for Teyla, so let's get rid of her!!! *TPTB's hysterical laughs*

Like with Weir

Teyla is the only decent female character left. If she goes, I go.
      Teyla was never decent. She was poorly written from the beginning. Now with her child on the way things can only get worse. I doubt they filmed half of S5 in order to avoid not having Teyla on the set. She will need to be with her child, this means no Atlantis for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        Teyla was never decent. She was poorly written from the beginning. Now with her child on the way things can only get worse. I doubt they filmed half of S5 in order to avoid not having Teyla on the set. She will need to be with her child, this means no Atlantis for her.
        Ummm no among the females left, she's the only decent one. I never said she was good. I said that compared to others right NOW, she is.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
          Actually was divorced. I've never understood why it wasn't Shep the SG-1 leader?
          Maybe they couldn't afford the GEL?

There is no direction for Teyla, so let's get rid of her!!! *TPTB's hysterical laughs*

Like with Weir

I don't like Teyla very much, but I have to agree with you. She's the only female character left who is not a slut.
          Last edited by mcbarr; 18 February 2008, 05:24 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            Maybe they couldn't afford the GEL?

I don't like Teyla very much, but I have to agree you. She's the only female character left who is not a slut.
            Teyla who? Oh that Teyla who one episode is going on missions and does not date and then the next episode she tells everyone she is in love and will be a mother .

Comment

So will I, but probably for other reasons than you.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              I don't think she's going anywhere. I'm just scared of what they've got planned for her.
              I wish they would just let her go... really, I think, that there are PTB out there who would do a better job writing for Rachel.

All this anti-Teyla talk makes me angry btw... I shall have to counter this movement.

Spoiler:

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

poor teyla was ignored for so long it will be very difficult to make up for all the lost time to develop the character further...which would also mean taking away time from "golden boy McKay" and John "the flirt" sheppard.

next season we get mckay's sister, Woosley coming and no doubt there will be tons of time spent on developing him into the leading lady of Stargate Atlantis.

Thus, after the baby arc is over Teyla will return to her job as the invisible woman of Atlantis.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  So will I, but probably for other reasons than you.

I wish they would just let her go... really, I think, that there are PTB out there who would do a better job writing for Rachel.

All this anti-Teyla talk makes me angry btw... I shall have to counter this movement.

Spoiler:

You cannot create a counter movement. Teyla is one of the most badly written characters in the SGA franchise. Even Keller has a background story. Looking back at Teyla I cannot say the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    poor teyla was ignored for so long it will be very difficult to make up for all the lost time to develop the character further...which would also mean taking away time from "golden boy McKay" and John "the flirt" sheppard.

next season we get mckay's sister
                    , Woosley coming and no doubt there will be tons of time spent on developing him into the leading lady of Stargate Atlantis.

Thus, after the baby arc is over Teyla will return to her job as the invisible woman of Atlantis.
                    Would you guys agree with me that they've given Jeanie more depth in the what 3 episodes than they have managed to give Teyla in 4 seasons? The compassion for her character is lacking.
                    sig made by me

Comment

You cannot create a counter movement. Teyla is one of the most badly written characters in the SGA franchise. Even Keller has a background story. Looking back at Teyla I cannot say the same.
                      A background story doesn't make a good character. Keller is a case in point. She's been at her worst when they're trying to create background for her.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                      Would you guys agree with me that they've given Jeanie more depth in the what 3 episodes than they have managed to give Teyla in 4 seasons? The compassion for her character is lacking.
                      2 episodes, but yeah, I think you're right about that. Unfortunately.

I hadn't heard anything about Jeannie for S5 though - is that confirmed?
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Teyla's character has no substance. She started as this powerful Athosian leader who joined the GEL's team to go offworld because she could provide intel on what is out there. Sort of like Teal'c . They also needed her crop knowledge because they were cut off from earth. We got some supplies from Earth the writers gave her some wraith DNA to compensate for the lack of ideas. It was all interesting and then they dropped it to pick it up more than a year later. That is frelled up . Now in S4 she gets this supposed arc and she becomes more dull than before.

Comment

It seems I'm in the minority yes... But I am a force to be reckoned with. I can manip all of you into submission.

Aye, which is truly sad... However...

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          A background story doesn't make a good character. Keller is a case in point. She's been at her worst when they're trying to create background for her.
                          What Killdeer says.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Teyla's character has no substance. She started as this powerful Athosian leader who joined the GEL's team to go offworld because she could provide intel on what is out there. Sort of like Teal'c . They also needed her crop knowledge because they were cut off from earth. We got some supplies from Earth the writers gave her some wraith DNA to compensate for the lack of ideas. It was all interesting and then they dropped it to pick it up more than a year later. That is frelled up . Now in S4 she gets this supposed arc and she becomes more dull than before.
                            I'll say it out loud: it's sexism. The way how leading ladies in this show are treated is sexist. Weir, who is smart and radiates amazing leadership charisma is pushed back because she can't be the show heroine because she doesn't have prefect face, boobs and body. Teyla is there to supply the perfect looks, but she isn't used for anything else. We are supposed to know she is wise beyond her years and experience because she talks in grammatically prefect sentences (and that should also give us a hint she's alien), but she isn't used for anything beside looking pretty. Weir isn't used for anything than watching the team leave and occasionally struggling with the lead boy of the show. Both women had amazing potential, and should have been treated equally like male characters, but at the end even the male characters aren't treated like they should have been. Sheppard is there to kirk around, Rodney to snark, Ronon to look angry, Zelenka to mutter in Czech.... very fine work indeed.

And speaking of "indeed" Teal'c had so much more depth than any SGA character. Sadly.
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              I'll say it out loud: it's sexism. The way how leading ladies in this show are treated is sexist. Weir, who is smart and radiates amazing leadership charisma is pushed back because she can't be the show heroine because she doesn't have prefect face, boobs and body. Teyla is there to supply the perfect looks, but she isn't used for anything else. We are supposed to know she is wise beyond her years and experience because she talks in grammatically prefect sentences (and that should also give us a hint she's alien), but she isn't used for anything beside looking pretty. Weir isn't used for anything than watching the team leave and occasionally struggling with the lead boy of the show. Both women had amazing potential, and should have been treated equally like male characters, but at the end even the male characters aren't treated like they should have been. Sheppard is there to kirk around, Rodney to snark, Ronon to look angry, Zelenka to mutter in Czech.... very fine work indeed.

And speaking of "indeed" Teal'c had so much more depth than any SGA character. Sadly.

I am sorry but Teyla does not have the looks . She never had

Comment

that's a matter of opinion. one person's 'bleh' is another person's 'lovely'
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X