Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    14m52s

Which means Duo, formerly known as Trio, is 8s shorter than Missing.

And you can bet on it that Solo will be a whole lot shorter than that too.

You like noodles dont you?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      You like noodles dont you?
      Noodles can be delicious.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Depends on Sky's recipe aka MOOD .

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          Torri wanted to come back if the storyline was good. Obviously it sucked. lol.
          LOL. I love Torri and she gains a whole new level of respect from me by doing this. She seems like a nice woman that has good relations with the fans, and she knew about the SEW campaign and such. She wanted to come back - if the storyline was good. Though she didn't accept the episode I don't believe she let her fans down, either.

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
          Looking between the lines, I can read: Well, we wanted to give you a fabulous Weir storyline, you should only blame evil!Torri that you're not getting it.
          That's pretty much what I read, sadly enough. Personally I blame evil!Mallozzi or just plain evil!s4tptb.

Originally posted by Erised View Post
          I love Torri even more for saying "no" (is that even possible? LOL!) I'd probably be disappointed if she said "yes" because coming back to SGA would be like coming back to a jerk boyfriend, and everyone sees a problem with that.. but for some reason not when it comes to your job on a TV show and the character AND you being treated like dirt. Conclusion: TPTB and Torri never seize to amaze me, just in different ways you know . Go Torri!!!
          Agree 100% especially with the jerk boyfriend metaphor.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          Trio fanfic summary: "Carter, Rodney, and Keller fall down a hole. Then they get out. Rodney/Keller, OMG no flaming from Ronon/Keller fans!!"
          Originally posted by Chailyn View Post
          So true! Sounds like it came right off of fanfiction.net. But, you forgot the "PLEAZE R&R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
          LOL. We should do that for all the suckiest s4 episodes. (IMO a bunch of 'em.) Or for face hypothetical episodes. Lol. Just looking at that 'Rodney/Keller' makes my face turn green. Ick.

I think they may be heading in the Mckay/Keller way because Mckay is now single. I wonder if this is why they decided to break up Katie/Mckay.
          Oh, great, Keller and Rodney are together now?! I should have known. The world really is coming to an end. What a foolish way to break up the Katie/Rodney. I was never crazy for them, but I was fine with it. But Keller and Rodney? Shoot me. Now.

Yeah, what the hell happened? Gero wrote two of the best eps on SGA, period IMO (storm/eye) and wrote some great eps focusing on McKay (Brotherhood, Duet, M&MM, MC) And now he's writing stories where people get trapped in a hole and McKay is actively encouraging Carter to flash 10 year old boys? wtf? Seriously, WTF?
          I'm so disappointed with that scene too. McKay has always been a jerk toward everyone regardless of gender, but asking your boss to flash some kids? I must have missed when he turned into an objectifying pervert, and toward the people he works with no less.
          WTF? Did 'Trio' really go all the way down to that? I hope Carter smacked him. That is way out of line and IMO way out of character for Rodney altogether. Gero pulled off 'Harmony' which turned out to be better than I expected. I already knew I wouldn't have high expectations for this one either but flashing, wtf? Not Rodney at all.

This makes me fear for Carson. Is he going to be wonky too - not because of Michael, but rather because of the writers?

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
          When this kind of humor was present in earlier seasons, it was directed towards the alien chick of the week, not main characters. I don't like the Carter character at all, but I think she was really treated disrespectfully in this episode.
          I haven't seen the episode yet (waiting for my snipped version), but I wholeheartedly agree especially since I also share the opinion of disliking Carter. I was fine with humour directed towards the alien chick - it could become incredibly redundant at times, but I was fine with it. It's pretty disgusting that it's now directed towards main characters, even ones I dislike

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
          It angers me so much that SGA is now being targeted against teenage boys who want too see Carter flash her breasts! This is what the show has been reduced to! It’s not a sci fi show anymore, just a load of random and perverted crap!
          Wow, I can write better stories than that! (Okay, I'm not that bad of a writer. But it is pretty sad )

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
          We should all be petitioning Brad Wright to come back and regain control of this mess.
          Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
          Either way, the guy is missed...
          Originally posted by kali1 View Post
          I miss him bunches. When he had control, the SGA made sense and it was well written. The show is just crap now
          Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          Brad Wright def. could revitalize SGA. Let's start the petition.
          Arrgh, yeah I miss that guy, very dearly. I'm not 'projecting' but if he was still in charge we would still have Lizzeh for the leader and Carson would come back regular again in season five. S4-5 is AU, I'm sorry to say. (Well its been said several times) Maybe that exploding tumour just zapped us into an alternate universe. lol.

I think it's too late, but I need closure and that may be why I'm thinking of starting one. I need one of those lil explanations/opening statements. I suck at those. Any one care to write it?

Originally posted by dana View Post
          The reason Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper (SGA showrunners s1-3) left was because they were working on the SG-1 movies, hence JM and PM in charge of s4. (and s5)
          Bleagh. Screw skiffy for canceling SG-1. SG-1's downfall led to ours

Seether- Fake It

I dedicate it to JM. LOL.
          LOL. Good one.

Originally posted by stclare View Post
          Spoiler:
          First time poster, so please excuse me if I do this wrong. Here goes.

I noticed from a recent comment from you that Larrin will be making an appearence in season 5. Do you know how many eps she will be in? Or is this still up in the air? My reasons for asking are completly selfish. I really did not like this charcter, at all. I’m hoping that if I have to watch her she will be toned down some, and her interactions with Sheppered will be freindship only. I have no shipping preference before i’m jumped on. I do however find romance in scifi extremely tedious. I would rather see the charcters grow through there interactions with there team mates and dealing with whats happening around them. i dont think you need to have one character smooching every week to achieve this.

I am also completely aware that my wants for these characters are different from yours. I would however appreciate it if, you would clarify now, or nearer airing wether I will be subjected to even more romance/flirtations next season and wether any of these will result in an actual relashionship.

I have felt as season 4 has progressed that this year seems more about the romance and individuals and less about the team together. The teaming of duos/trios makes it feel that way to me. I am sure that the direction your taking has pleased a great many fans. I am however left extremly disappointed in season 4. I hope that season 5 will contain the team together in more episodes and there will be less romance.

On a final note, even if Atlantis becomes something I no longer wish to watch or continue to support. I hope you get a season 6 for the sake of the actors and everyone behind the scenes. It is clear that a great many fans continue to enjoy the show.
          Very lovely letter, and much more respectful than I would have been. I pretty much agree exept I would just rather have Shep have an airlock vaccuum Larrin into space... But regarding the whole romance deal, I agree. Just throw in romance and no one's gonna be happy. I always liked Atlantis as a more 'friendshippy show' thorugh seasons 1-3 with only the Rodney/Katie. I liked how they had what could be called 'shippy moments' between characters, but nothing serious really developed. Again, more 'friendshippy'.

And I don't know if he'll answer. He never answers me, even if it's as innocent a question as "Is there any chance we will see Lindsay Novak in season five?" Maybe he forgot who she was.

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
          Yeah it was rather sick. I truly think TPTB have fallen into the college frat boy party mentality. Doesn't surprise me actually since that is obviously the demographic they are after. SGA used to be smarter than that. Can we have the old producers back please??
          The key demo doesn't appreciate good acting. All they care about is CGI and hot babez. And that's what Mallozzi is giving them. Too bad the ratings keep falling. Maybe the key demo is not so key? Hmm...
          Is their key demo the real key demo or the key demo that they want to have? Because I still think that SGA has a higher female viewer audience. It seems that way.

The 200th SG-1 episode was very prophetic, eh?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwyIMzfzz8o
          I commented on that video. I am prepared to get flamed

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          Something for McBarr:

Spoiler:
          Stop calling me Vala = Larrin
          Please don't call me Larrin = Nancy Sheppard
          That's very good And I just remembered I still need to watch Outcast. Hm, I've been enjoying my DVDs better. Siege II rocked.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          We don't want to be noodled . You know what they say, actors get Fished, TPTB get Forded and we get Noodled
          LOL. That's good
          Last edited by Reiko; 10 February 2008, 06:35 PM.

Comment

To the Stinky Sock Collection - Melanie C - This Time

Spoiler:

I've been practicing all day
            Now the words I meant to say are gone
            I promised that I wouldn't cry
            Told myself I had to try and hold on
            The truth, I lied, I hate myself inside, and why
            I played the game and paid the price

I never look back, I never cry,
            Never try to wonder why
            I'll be on my own, and never doubt,
            Never shout or wonder how
            I'll never be lonely until this time
            This time, this time, this time I will

Comment

I looked though all the Stinky Sock Collection to see if this song was in it. If It is on the list, I am very sorry and I need to learn how to read better lol.

Angels by Within Temptation

Spoiler:
              Sparkling angel I believed
              You are my saviour in my time of need.
              Blinded by faith I couldn't hear
              All the whispers, the warnings so clear.
              I see the angels,
              I'll lead them to your door.
              There's no escape now,
              No mercy no more.
              No remorse cause I still remember
              The smile when you tore me apart.

You took my heart,
              Deceived me right from the start.
              You showed me dreams,
              I wished they would turn into real.
              You broke the promise and made me realise.
              It was all just a lie.

Sparkling angel, I couldn't see
              Your dark intentions, your feelings for me.
              Fallen angel, tell me why?
              What is the reason, the thorn in your eye?
              I see the angels,
              I'll lead them to your door
              There's no escape now
              No mercy no more
              No remorse cause I still remember
              The smile when you tore me apart

You took my heart,
              You showed me dreams,
              It was all just a lie.
              Could have been forever.
              Now we have reached the end.

This world may have failed you,
              It doesn't give you a reason why.
              You could have chosen a different path in life.

The smile when you tore me apart.

You took my heart,
              You showed me dreams,
              It was all just a lie.
              Could have been forever.
              Now we have reached the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

WTF? Did 'Trio' really go all the way down to that? I hope Carter smacked him. That is way out of line and IMO way out of character for Rodney altogether. Gero pulled off 'Harmony' which turned out to be better than I expected. I already knew I wouldn't have high expectations for this one either but flashing, wtf? Not Rodney at all.

This makes me fear for Carson. Is he going to be wonky too - not because of Michael, but rather because of the writers?
                I don't know why TPTB are now painting the guys in this immature, objectifying light. First Zelenka sneaked a peek at Carter's breasts while they were trapped in Quarantine, then Keller painted Zelenka as some kind of creepy guy in Trio, then Rodney asked Carter to flash some boys to encourage them to get help.

At this rate, I'm expecting Carson to come back and greet Teyla by grabbing her ass.

Comment

I don't know why TPTB are now painting the guys in this immature, objectifying light. First Zelenka sneaked a peek at Carter's breasts while they were trapped in Quarantine, then Keller painted Zelenka as some kind of creepy guy in Trio, then Rodney asked Carter to flash some boys to encourage them to get help.
                  Oh? What happened there? I don't want to know but I need to know

At this rate, I'm expecting Carson to come back and greet Teyla by grabbing her ass.
                  If they do that JM's blog will be subjected to some very intense venting! As a big CarsonTeyla supporter that is not something I want to see at all, and that would be far off for his character but then again it's possible at this rate. Hopefully Carson will be returned to us in the same mental state, maybe it's the direct exposure to Keller thats making Rodney and Radek and even Ronon and Shep so wonky...

Might as well set SGA in a frat house.

Comment

First Carter admitted that she had some kind of weird vibe around Zelenka (can't remember the exact phrasing) when she was stuck with him in the transporter. Then Rodney was all, "That's okay, I don't like him either!" (what the HELL? What was Gero smoking when he came up with that line?). And finally Keller chimed in with how Zelenka would tell her that her hair smelled good.

So Zelenka is a creepy guy and we're supposed to believe that at least two of the women don't like him (I don't buy Rodney's comment at all). Two of the least liked new characters coming down on a character that most of the fandom has liked or loved since the first season. Yeah, way to endear Carter and Keller to the fandom, PTB.

Comment

Instead of Teyla's behind, it will be irresistible Keller's that Carson will grab.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        Actually, I would like to see Zelenka get his own ep for once.
                        Keep dreaming. If they do, Zelenka will be lost for good, I'm afraid...

Mmmmmmm... noodle soup with mushrooms... yummy

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
                        Instead of Teyla's behind, it will be irresistible Keller's that Carson will grab.
                        Keller is the slut, so she'll let him...

Comment

Mmmmmmm... noodle soup with mushrooms... yummy
                          I prefer mine with chicken, but it's a personal preference.

Keller is the slut, so she'll let him...
                          Like a harlot Maybe she'll be the founder of Atlantis' entertainment district. lol.

And squee. I didn't notice I made it past 200.

Comment

Done the right way it can be funny, as long as it is done equally (ie to everyone. And not the way they did it - creepy indeed.

As above. It would be funny if he grabbed Ronan's though. He'd meet another untimely demise

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                            I think Woolsey being a new leader is worse than all the crap that happened all the cast changes in season 4 combined. <mod snip>. OMG it just keeps getting worse and worse. What will we see next? I'm afraid my imagination doesn't go that far.

I love Torri even more for saying "no" (is that even possible? LOL!) I'd probably be disappointed if she said "yes" because coming back to SGA would be like coming back to a jerk boyfriend, and everyone sees a problem with that.. but for some reason not when it comes to your job on a TV show and the character AND you being treated like dirt.

Conclusion: TPTB and Torri never seize to amaze me, just in different ways you know . Go Torri!!!
                            TBH the changes on screen don't bother me as much as what happened off it. Nuff said on that.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Here is it. I even made a (Sheppard) video to it, and I'm quite proud of my fine work.

Hurt - Johnny Cash (John Sheppard video)
                            Just saw it. Excellent work

Added.
                            Cool! I contributed something. I'm a real anti now!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Like a harlot Maybe she'll be the founder of Atlantis' entertainment district. lol.
                              She already created one. Its official name is 'Infirmary'

Comment

Updated. BTW, I added the Jennifer Keller song. Only one piece doesn't fit YET.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X