Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    He sings opera mostly and very good songs. There is an episode where he is sad because he cannot tell Seven that he loves her and Chez Sandrine he plays on the piano : "Someone to Watch over me" (same title for the episode). That is a very sad song
    Oh, yeah, I remember that episode now. Thanks. That is a sad song, maybe we should add it to the mix.

I loved Robert Picardo in Voyager; he was the best thing, I thought...but Woolsey as commander?

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
      To our resident Voyager expert: Does the Doctor sing a sad song in Italian in a Voyager ep? I think so, but cannot remember for sure.
      Although not your resident expert, yep he did a few including a lovely rendition from La Boheme.

Thought you might enjoy this one, wait until half way through. He sings about Stargate. Bless him RP's so sweet, but still getting my head around the Woolsey character

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUMzR...eature=related

Comment

This is where the Doc sings it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63RCy...eature=related
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Look! As the fandom implodes, the anti's explode!

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
          Spoiler:
          How on earth did Keller manage that feat? It's a travesty. I agree, stclare. Carson was well-loved and endeared himself to the audience- Keller is a whiny brat and she's rewarded by being promoted?
          Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          OMG Keller is now a regular. Wow. For the sake of the people still watching I hope they don't use her in every episode.
          Oh God, that's why I'm not watching, save the Weir and Carson episodes. I can't tell you how much it's going to freaking annoy me to see her every damn week. Even more so, the fact that she will be ever-present in Carson's infirmary while he is shoved to the side! No, I can't have it; I simply cannot have it. Carson as CMO only. Especially with the godawful Ronon romance, this has the potential to mutate into Keller's Anatomy. (Wait, it's already mutated and still mutating rapidly.)

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
          And her theme song is "I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world...."I feel a migraine coming on......
          Someone care to do a music video? I think I would die making it halfway through.

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
          I was wondering if maybe her being a regular happened way before they decided on bring Carson back for 5 episodes. What really annoyed me about Keller was in Quarentine was that she was whinnying about not partying and having friends. If she would have whined about being very young and the pressure of being young CMO plus replacing a beloved doctor would had made more sense and showed some growth. But her whined about partying was stupid. I am very surprised Ronon didn't say "My sob story tops your". If they want to give her a love story, let her get more in sync with others than just pairing her with the hottest guy.
          Ronon's story does top hers. In fact I bet Ronon doesn't really give a crap. I think it's because Keller's pretty and nice he won't reject her. That's how men get killed by beautiful women who seduce them. It happens in James Bond Movies And, despite avoiding it like the plague I peeked at the blog today, and a poster said this about Keller: "Oh, and another point about Keller, not everyone who skips grades and graduates early has a miserable childhood. I skipped two grades and graduated high school at 16 1/2. I had no “fitting in” problems. I went to dances, to my prom, was in the marching band, the chorus, played sports and was a normal high schooler. The only problem I had was that I was the only senior who had to take the bus to school since the driving age in New Jersey is 17. I had to live on campus my freshman year of college since I still wasn’t old enough to drive. My experiences didn’t ostracize me. I married my college sweetheart, we have a beautiful daughter and just celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. I have a successful career, too. Please don’t blame Keller’s pathetic existance on being smart as a kid. Probably half of the scientists on Atlantis were in the same situation in school."

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
          Spoiler:
          what about Zelenka? I bet that Jewel (who I really like but her Keller is...weird) will have tons of promo photos again and David Nykl won´t have any. Wait...she is this super hot babe who needs more photos than whole cast together so they can attract fans. They don´t have golden girl any more so let´s make a new one!
          I always wonder why David Nykl wasn't in any of the cast pictures either. I really like him and Radek and so do plenty of other people, he was only to be in one episode at first right? Maybe he was unavailible or out of the area when the shot the promo photos, but he's been here for four seasons now. Oh, yes, not a draw to the male demographic. I'm sorry, my bad.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I post there yes... being all brave and in the minority... haven't gotten into too much trouble ... yet.
          Same here, for stupid optimism which has gone down the drain. But II will still post there, being called 'brave' is a great motivator! (I just have to make sure no head are ripped off.) The minority is soon going to even out, I bet. There's new posters on the Anti thread. More so-called 'Pro's' will see the truth and subvert the dominant paradigm (on some poster at school.) I must be sounding like I'm blasting propaganda Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large numbers, so who cares if we're the minority?

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
          They think viewers will accept anything they do. Problem is, many people finally had enough of their stupid and arbitrary decisions, and many others are starting to open their eyes. SGA died to me the day these lazy SG-1 widows took over the show.
          SGA died to me after 'The Ark', in which we were transported to an alternate universe. Soon others will see the truth. The Pro's are just in denial; what are they pro for, again? Defiantely not for SGA! They don't know what theyre supporting anymore, but it's not SGA as what I know for sure.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          And why Weir was written out? Apart from needing the golden girl to boost the ratings, Weir was way too smart and outspoken, and she was the woman in position of power. Which is a no no in THE MAN'S WORLD. If nobody else will, then I'll cry: it's bloody sexism!!!!
          Bloody sexism indeed Anuna. What's worse is that in thier Man's World, PTB act like little boys with a crummy, sick sense of humour and 'repressed geek lust' as it was called in another thread. PTB need to grow up, get castrated or get laid... Maybe all three. Really, they're hormonal twelve year olds trapped in the bodies of older men (okay that did not exactly sound right ) . It's as if puberty came really late for them, which is unfortunate for us that must witness the destruction of what was SGA. (Okay, well, I'm turning and closing my eyes - for me, Kindred will probably be the last for a long damn while.)

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
          I just thought of something - if we dont' like the character of Alison Porter - can we call her "Porter Potty" ???
          Ha! That was actually My Idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            Ha! That was actually My Idea.
            You deserve green then!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              You deserve green then!
              Green To you too Anti minds think alike

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                Although not your resident expert, yep he did a few including a lovely rendition from La Boheme.

Thought you might enjoy this one, wait until half way through. He sings about Stargate. Bless him RP's so sweet, but still getting my head around the Woolsey character

Yes you are right but when he was very very very very sad he sang Someone to Watch over Me. The opera he performs did not really reflect his sadness .

Comment

*pouts* I posted Someone to watch over me!!! *pouts more*
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Yes you are right but when he was very very very very sad he sang Someone to Watch over Me. The opera he performs did not really reflect his sadness .
                    Oh contraire, my lil anti friend, La boheme is one of Pucini's great balads, and for me melts my heart, so it'a a toss up between that and Someone to watch over me which I like more.

Can I say like in an anti thread?

*pats Anuna on the head* I appreciated it

Comment

They'll find a way to shut us down .
                      We've already found loads of reasons to shut you down. The sheer amount of nastiness we've found in here is enough to make us all fed right up, and in other threads with comparible levels of rulebreaking we have responded with closure; we had every right to do the same to this thread long long ago.

:: deletes two more posts sniping at other forum-members ::

We work bloody hard (yes I swore, I'm bloody angry) to keep this thread viable. Snipping this, snipping that, as if making sure that everyone posts decently was *our* job.

We do it because there are enough people in this thread who have never been guilty of the petty snipes and the sneering, and who deserve a place to play. We do it because we want people to be free to speak their minds about the show (I'll repeat: ABOUT THE SHOW) even if they have reasons for not wishing to do so in front of people who may disagree.

You could bloody well thank us for it. Or you could post spurious predictions that we'll 'shut you down'.

The right to free speech is generally considered important. I don't know of any culture where the right to speak freely without being contradicted is given a similar amount of importance, and yet any curtailing of the anti or pro threads lead to complaints that freedom of speech is being impinged. You have a good deal here, believe it or not. You're free to speak your minds about the show AND we do our best to keep you safe, in this thread, from contradiction. The Mods do not deserve to be treated like we are The Enemy.
                      Last edited by Madeleine; 06 February 2008, 12:36 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        The Pro's are just in denial; what are they pro for, again? Defiantely not for SGA! They don't know what theyre supporting anymore, but it's not SGA as what I know for sure.
                        No, they are not 'in denial' they like the show.

Please would you show people the respect of acknowledging that they know their own minds.

Best of all would be if you simply avoided commenting on 'the pros' who are a disparate group and no sort of Hive Mind that can be summed up in a few words. Your opinion on the show is relevant and of interest; your opinion about fans with a different view from yours is not relevant and not welcome.

Thank you.

Madeleine
                        GateWorld Moderator

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post

That's great, thanks! He's "cheating" on Star Trek with Stargate, hee, hee. I do love that guy. I'm just unsure of how Woolsey is going to work out.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          *pouts* I posted Someone to watch over me!!! *pouts more*
                          Thank you!

Comment

You may not report them Teggy,but others do.

the 'pros' are no better than the 'anti's' and vice versa.

there are petty little back biters in BOTH groups.

Here's a suggestion....annoyed at the purported lurkers spying on you...then folks, don't give them anything to spy on and there'll be no issue. Instead of blaming a supposed 'lurking spy' how about folks take a look at their own posts and behaviours and acknowledge that if they weren't breaking the rules, there'd be nothing for those 'lurking spies' to find
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post

You could bloody well thank us for it. The Mods do not deserve to be treated like we are The Enemy.

I don't consider the mods the enemy.

I'm glad this thread is here as I don't relish being told how I must continue supporting a show which has bitterly disappointed me to ensure there are more seasons for those who find it copacetic.

So, THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                              X