Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started a SG1 fan and will end a SG1 fan . Gave Atlantis a chance but S4 made sure I realise I wasted my time . Goodwork JM, no more DVD purchases from me . Yay Farscape, Yay Voyager, Yay Andromeda, Yay DS9

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      I started a SG1 fan and will end a SG1 fan . Gave Atlantis a chance but S4 made sure I realise I wasted my time . Goodwork JM, no more DVD purchases from me . Yay Farscape, Yay Voyager, Yay Andromeda, Yay DS9
      *cough*Babylon 5*cough*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
        *cough*Babylon 5*cough*
        My bad!!! I forgot about that show. I saw one episode when I was a toddler and now I cannot find the whole collection . I'll watch every episode just for you mcbarr provided I find the dvds in my friendly neighbourhood shop

Comment

My bad!!! I forgot about that show. I saw one episode when I was a toddler and now I cannot find the whole collection . I'll watch every episode just for you mcbarr provided I find the dvds in my friendly neighbourhood shop
          Don't let season 1 scare ya!
          sigpic

Comment

I started a SGA fan and will end, most likely, a bitter no fan of anything stargate. I can't decide if it would have been better for me never to give SGA a chance or to have enjoyed a few years before the huge disappointment.

I do know that any chance there might have been for me to try to go back and develop an interest in the original series is flatlining.

No one else of my group of family and friends offline, who are viewers of a large selection of scifi programs, watched either Stargate. I was the only one and they (tptb) have shown how unimportant my viewership is to them.
            Within this group we tend to make recommendations to one another about shows to watch.

Care to guess what you think is the likelihood that I'll be making a recommendation in this case?

Comment

Guys, I know specific fans and fangroups can be irritating. Believe me, I know. But one of the big problems that the mods have with protected pro and anti threads is that the topic sometimes gets derailed and turns into talking about other posters instead of the show. And I see their point - I don't like it when people in the pro thread start griping about "those anti fans".

So I think it's something that we should be aware of and try to avoid, especially when the mods are being nice enough to reconsider their ban on anti threads.

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
              No matter how JM spins these awful choices they are still awful.

What's the new spin? Oh yes, We've had Woosley on the replacement list for some time. We've wanted RP as a full time cast member for some time.
              I've gotten to the point where the spin is almost amusing. Hey, something has to keep that stargate turning!

Originally posted by erb View Post
              Within this group we tend to make recommendations to one another about shows to watch.

Care to guess what you think is the likelihood that I'll be making a recommendation in this case?
              At this point I'd recommend early SG1 and SGA to people, but strongly emphasize that both shows took a downward turn and fell apart at the end. In contrast, I have no problem singing the praises of SF shows like TNG, DS9, B5, or BSG to anyone and everyone, especially the latter which I think can appeal beyond the SF audience. (Lots of acronyms, heh)

Comment

I started a SGA fan and will end, most likely, a bitter no fan of anything stargate. I can't decide if it would have been better for me never to give SGA a chance or to have enjoyed a few years before the huge disappointment.
                "Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all"
                Maybe that's not so true afterall, just too painful?
                sigpic

Comment

Me too! But not of season 9 and 10 of SG-1. Those 2 season's were an AU where cambo dreamed the whole thing up after failing flight school.

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                  "Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all"
                  Maybe that's not so true afterall, just too painful?
                  Only true when the one you loved has died. When the one you loved turns into a self centered jerk...you didn't lose a thing but time and effort.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Are you sure you want to dig up some well webbed conspiracy? Sounds like TPTB innit? Let's bring characters over for a new Season. Oh wait, the character we are bringing is working on two films and a show at the same time. Oh yeah, we know, we'll make her appear every now and then. With S5, lets fire her because she did not bring the money we wanted.

*****duh, if you guys are incompetent!!!****
                    I can't believe you are becoming a full fledged anti!!!! What?!!!!!
                    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      We can call Mulder and Scully to investigate!
                      Even they will run like h e double hockey sticks from this mess. Mulder was not dummy. Scully was even smarter than Mulder
                      sig made by me

Comment

I just thought of something - if we dont' like the character of Alison Porter - can we call her "Porter Potty" ???

*runs away*

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                          I just thought of something - if we dont' like the character of Alison Porter - can we call her "Porter Potty" ???

*runs away*
                          MENTAL GREEN FOR YOU

Mcbarr, how about Bloc party's hunting for witches for the mix. what number are we upto now?
                          sigpic
                          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

As much as I love SGA seasons 1-3, some days I wonder if it would've been better to never discover it. I stayed away from it because I tried SG-1 and I didn't like it, but I was out of fresh sci-fi, and just had to give it a try. Today is one of those days I wish I hadn't.

EDIT: Oh, do we have any Requiems on the Stinky Sock Mix? A mass for the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                              Mcbarr, how about Bloc party's hunting for witches for the mix. what number are we upto now?
                              Added.

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                              EDIT: Oh, do we have any Requiems on the Stinky Sock Mix? A mass for the dead.
                              I think we have Mozart's, but if you have other requiems in mind, please share with your fellow Antis. We do need them right now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                                I think we have Mozart's, but if you have other requiems in mind, please share with your fellow Antis. We do need them right now.
                                Mozart's was the one I was thinking of; I'm not that familiar with classical music, unfortunately. But...you know what might be fun, if we could find Robert Picardo singing something as the Doctor...didn't he sing some tragic love song in Italian in an ep of Voyager?

Comment

Working...
                                X