Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    Many duet episodes in s4, eh? I'd like to see every character given a fair shot in terms of screen time and word count, but within the Atlantis expedition framework.
    Yup, me too. There's so few team episodes, which is ironic since I believe JM said on his blog that his approach to the show was to focus on the team. And I disagree with that, anyway, I consider the expedition also part of the "team."

I see the wild speculation about AT has begun. They'd better announce something on Monday or GW will go boom again.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
      I see the wild speculation about AT has begun. They'd better announce something on Monday or GW will go boom again.
      Wild it will be... I think it will easily rival the war discussions from last year.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Wild it will be... I think it will easily rival the war discussions from last year.
        Sounds delightful. Guess I'll get to see what I missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It's sad this season... Makes my work easier of course. The results, however, I fear them already, and I still have half season 3 to go.

Don't worry... Won't hear anything from me.

Sheppard & McKay fans are the only lucky ones here, or the Ronon-fans in this case.

But I don't find it particularly interesting.
          I know. I am sorry, I wish they had more character development equally for every single person on the show. I was reading this afternoon about Lost, and how they were touting equal character development, plenty of back story and good use of all characters. Unfortunately, that's not to be found here.
          sig made by me

Comment

Sounds delightful. Guess I'll get to see what I missed.
            I was here, not posting frequently yet. It was CRAZY. I don't think it really has settled down yet. So this will be one wild ride come Monday.
            sig made by me

Comment

I started raising my post count back then.

All hail the lemmings!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                I was here, not posting frequently yet. It was CRAZY. I don't think it really has settled down yet. So this will be one wild ride come Monday.
                I believe you. I've only been here a few months, but man, this fandom is kinda nuts. Though, really, they have good reason to be.

I do hope we don't get a new commander. I'm not sure if I could think of anything else worse, except perhaps Carter staying. Is it Monday yet?

Comment

I believe you. I've only been here a few months, but man, this fandom is kinda nuts. Though, really, they have good reason to be.

I do hope we don't get a new commander. I'm not sure if I could think of anything else worse, except perhaps Carter staying. Is it Monday yet?
                  This will be one of the longest weekend EVER for me.
                  sig made by me

Comment

Man, things just keep on getting crappier and crappier, don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      I have NO idea what you are talking about. It's absolutely perfect in denial world
                      sig made by me

Comment

Oh, I want to play there! Where everyone in fandom is happy and all the characters get equal screentime and fantastic development and the writers are awesome and producers are mature and actors are never, ever shafted.

Maybe I can dream of such a place tonight!

Comment

Oh, I want to play there! Where everyone in fandom is happy and all the characters get equal screentime and fantastic development and the writers are awesome and producers are mature and actors are never, ever shafted.

Maybe I can dream of such a place tonight!

Dream about Lost. They have ALL that and MORE!
                          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post
                            Perhaps not a popular opinion, but I liked the Rodney/Katie, too. It didn't have to lead or maybe shouldn't have led to anything serious, but it had some awkwardly cute moments. But Quarantine...*shudders* Not Rodney's finest hour by any means.
                            I didn't mind Rodney/Katie- I wouldn't have wanted it to take up hours of screentime, but I found it stupid that the writers bothered to have him in a relationship that lasted from at least Duet-season two- to Quarantine-season 4- and the only time we saw him with her was in Sunday, during the 'not-quite-a-date' thing, since he ended up dashing off anyway.

WHY have a main character date someone if you're not going to develop it? I kinda forgot at times that he had a serious girlfriend, and it must have been more than casual to be going on for two years, and it never affected his character, it didn't come up during life-or-death eps like Tao of Rodney, or off-world frakked-up missions, no one ever said, 'Gee, Rodney, hold on, you know Katie's waiting for you back on Atlantis, be strong for her' or that kind of talk that you have when someone's in a relationship. It was pointless, and that makes me sad, because along with Ronon/Keller, it seems like the only ships that TPTB of SGA endorse are the meaningless ones that spring out of nowhere with no foundation and little development.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                            agreed... as much as i dispise sam and keller.. if they had been done right maybe i wouldn't

if weir was still in charge... and sam showed up in her ship once in awhile to lend a hand... and keller was carson's zelenka... i'd still probably be watching the show.
                            OMG, you make me so sad. I can imagine Keller and Carson doing a sweeter, lighter version of McKay-Zelenka...rather than bickering and snarking with each other, they would've been so adorable and super-nice to everyone and the infirmary would've been a happy place, without that awful, hideous *WRONGNESS* that permeates the atmosphere whenever I see Keller in there trying to act like the boss. She seems like a person who tries to please everyone, a bit of a daddy's girl, and given her youth and inexperience, seeing her as Carson's protege would've been so much better than her being thrust into 'authority'.

I did not finish watching this episode. I think hubby did, because when I woke up he said, you were right - it was just Rodney/Shep fest. So I deleted it, w/o watching. The little girl immediately got on my nerves. If that was her purpose, she did her job beautifully. Why must everyone fall for Shep? I know he's pretty to look at for some (yes I am a shepaholic), but seriously why must that angle be used in EVERY single episode?
                            Hee, I'm not even going to tease you about groaning over people falling for Shep...it's just too easy...I get what you mean, though. I was so braindead when I met JF, but that was because I adore Shep from watching the character on tv and being totally obsessed because of scripts that make him all heroic and stuff. If I was in an AU and met Shep on some random planet, I wouldn't be anywhere near as stupid as some of these alien chicks. It would be nice to introduce a new female character who *doesn't* immediately hit on him and tie him up and then make out with him in a closet, completely ripping off shippers everywhere, OR the female prototype that falls in love with him and manufactures prophecies that conveniently involve her and him sucking face. [The writers never did explain about this prophecy that involved Shep...]

And because I love ZPS, I have to quote this Epiphany review, it's hilarious:

Spoiler:
                            And just because it makes me feel better and more productive to rewrite the dialogue...
                            Shep: "ZOMG, look at all the cool stuff my friends sent me!"
                            Laira-lite: "WE love you, too, dammit."
                            Shep: "Er... yeah, whatever."
                            Laira-lite: "I've been stalking you. With my mind!"
                            Shep: "Er... new powers you didn't tell me about, h0r?"
                            Laira-lite: "Yes. Fear me."
                            Shep then makes the Eww Face, which KILLS me because seriously, Laira-lite needs to GET A CLUE. Upset that he's not that impressed by her Special Powers of Fangirlness, she adds, "I've been stalking you EVERYWHERE."
                            Shep: "Dammit, why didn't you tell me. I needed a GPS unit out there!"
                            And then Laira-lite keeps talking. And Shep keeps checking out all the MREs because those are infinitely more interesting than Laira-lite.
                            Laira-lite, feeling ignored: "Sit with me."
                            Shep: "But... but... but... shiny Powerbars! Cool MREs! STUFF!" Pooh: "LMFAO."
                            Shep eventually sits, but he just spent a whole day running, so he was exhausted, not because of anything Laira-lite said. *LALALA*
                            Then Laira-lite refuses to shut up, all "Ever since I was a wee babe, I knew I loved you before I met you/I think I dreamed you into life/I knew I loved you before I met you/I have been waiting all my life."
                            God, don't think I don't want to punch Laira-lite in the head for making me quote Savage Garden.

Shep, thank god, looks sufficiently disturbed. Because seriously, who wants to be told that some girl saw your face in her vision when she was a little kid and knew she was going to have The Hot Sex with you? That's disgusting.
                            Laira-lite: "You are the One, Neo. I have spent my entire life looking for you." Then Neo Shep, who still looks pretty damn freaked, is all, "One what?"
                            Laira-lite: "Our Ascension Team Leader, duh."
                            And then Shep says some things that make me CRY but because he's so pretty, I'll let it go. Besides, he's a hopeless romantic and if some h0r insinuated that you would be Her Fated One, you'd flail and eww a bit, but ultimately, you'd grab at the chance. Wouldn't you?
                            Hell, if some guy came up to me and told me he's known without a doubt that I'd be his One, after I beat the crap out of him for being a sick pervert, my final thought would be 'Cool. I'm so lazy, now I don't actually have to LOOK for a guy myself.'
                            But that could just be me. Anyway, Laira-lite smiles, all pleased with this, and tells him that he's her density and her one and only lobster and... oh, whatever, I HATE THIS SCENE and this whole crapisode. Except Shep is SO DAMN CUTE being SO DAMN NERVOUS about possibly getting AlienH0r Booty, that I wish there was a way for them to edit out Laira-lite and put me in there instead. Really.

I'm really sorry, Paris. My dad passed away from cancer too and it is extremely tough. (((Paris)))
                            Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                            As for the health care system… its not all its cracked up to be. Free medical care is a great thing don’t get me wrong… but when government cut backs mean you wait 6 months for cancer treatments…like my dad did… well it kind of sucks then. There are pros and cons to everything
                            *hugs both marielabbot and parisindy* My grandfather died from cancer last month, so I kinda get where you guys are coming from.
                            'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                            will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                            It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                            Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

*sniffles* Everyone keeps talking about Monday and it makes me keep thinking, omg, today's FRIDAY and Monday's AFTER the weekend and it's so far away and I can't WAIT that long...

Distract me, somebody. Please?
                              'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                              will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                              It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                              Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Heh, there goes my optimism down the drain... It's getting clearer and clearer who the problem is, though. That much is certain. Anyway, it looks like we are here to stay:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X