Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    Some of us will retire without an ANTI-S5 thread
    I plan to retire ...
    But i'll miss you guys is all
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

By some I mean me

Comment

By some I mean me
        and me to
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
          and me to
          Spoiler:
          We'll always have Paris?

Comment

I only ever brought season 1. I enjoyed season 2 but enough to buy the boxset. I hated season 3 and stopped watching half way through.
            sigpic

Comment

By some I mean me
              Spoiler:
              We'll always have Paris?

I tribble you

all jokes aside i'm happier when i'm not here... but you guys always make me smile
              Spoiler:

Comment

I'm not going anywhere just yet... I may retreat to the Stinky Sock thread if everybody has to play nice when season 5 comes around. I just don't have enough faith in fandom to hope it will happen.

GW will turn into a place where only positive thoughts are allowed.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I'm not going anywhere just yet... I may retreat to the Stinky Sock thread if everybody has to play nice when season 5 comes around. I just don't have enough faith in fandom to hope it will happen.

We'll be busted in the Stinky Sock thread too if we whine about S5 .

Comment

Hey everyone!

I haven't been around in a while, mainly because I'm so anti at the moment, that I start to loose interest even in complaining

But Anuna was talking about "writers without ideas" and I said it sounded like a band. Then Anuna suggested that they could do a song like the PCR-song that I in my scientific nerdyness had tortured her with a while ago (http://bio-rad.cnpg.com/lsca/videos/...sForBetterPCR/) - I still think it's funny. So we came up with this, and thought it had to be on the Anti-thread:

There was a time, when to do a TV-series
                    You had to have lots and lots of ideas
                    But now you just can use a lot of CGI
                    That will suffice just as well

(choir comes in)
                    CGI, when you have run out of ideas
                    CGI, when you need to hide a plothole
                    CGI, when the ratings drop
                    CGI, oh, CGI!!!!!

Oh, and Anuna told me to say hi!

*hugs everyone and runs away again*
                    Keep up the complaining!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

You ever watch something and then think "I can't believe I lost one hour to that"? Welcome to my thinking.

As I said in another thread...Remember back in season 1 when everyone on Atlantis was so busy trying to survive, silly/funny storylines would be incorporated into a bigger, more substantial plot? (John's interaction with the Athosian children during "Hide and Seek" would be a good example.)

I miss those days.

*plops on the anti-couch*
                      sigpic
                      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

*nods*

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                        Hey everyone!
                        Hi ! ((hugs))

I haven't been around in a while, mainly because I'm so anti at the moment, that I start to loose interest even in complaining

But Anuna was talking about "writers without ideas" and I said it sounded like a band. Then Anuna suggested that they could do a song like the PCR-song that I in my scientific nerdyness had tortured her with a while ago (http://bio-rad.cnpg.com/lsca/videos/...sForBetterPCR/) - I still think it's funny. So we came up with this, and thought it had to be on the Anti-thread:

(choir comes in)
                        CGI, oh, CGI!!!!!

Keep up the complaining!
                        LOL! very cool! and ((((anuna))))

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                        You ever watch something and then think "I can't believe I lost one hour to that"? Welcome to my thinking.

As I said in another thread...Remember back in season 1 when everyone on Atlantis was so busy trying to survive, silly/funny storylines would be incorporated into a bigger, more substantial plot? (John's interaction with the Athosian children during "Hide and Seek" would be a good example.)

I miss those days.

I loved hide and seek those were the good old days ...episodes like the defiant one, 38 minutes... oh man i could go on
                        Spoiler:

Comment

First look at the next Stargate spin-off:

Spoiler:
                          Heh, the key demo will love it!

Saw this in my local newspaper:

Spoiler:

Hey everyone!

(choir comes in)
                          CGI, oh, CGI!!!!!

Keep up the complaining!
                          Excellent! Say hi to Anuna!

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post

I miss those days.

Same here.
                          sigpic

Comment

We'll be busted in the Stinky Sock thread too if we whine about S5 .
                            I can whine in stealth mode.

Anyway, I'm weak of mind... I caved and watched Harmony. Yeah, I deserve to be covered in stinky socks, I know.

Here's what posted in the episode thread:

Spoiler:
                            First impression:

Which fanfic-author managed to get her story with the writers and got them to turn it into an episode?

The good:
                            * Harmony
                            * the painting -
                            * Harmony telling Rodney how brave he was protecting her, and Rodney doing everything in his power denying it

The semi-good:
                            * the little drones which unfortunately reminded me of those little bugs from that one SG1 episode with Lt. Hailey.

The bad:
                            * Rodney calling dips on the 3rd sister. It confirms that he and Katie are no longer together.
                            * three children on a hike through the forest
                            * immature writing by TPTB
                            * no Ronon or Teyla (anyone saying "yeah, but Rachel probably had to cut down" will get an "and what was the excuse in the previous seasons" in return - ye be warned!)
                            * the incessent kirking from both Sheppard and McKay (who seems to be on his way to be a carbon-copy of Shep's kirk)

I think I can positively state that this one sinks right down to where Travellers is, but still way above Irresistable (nothing has been worse than that fiasco).

A complete waste of 42 good minutes. A minute of silence for those lost minutes!

Comment

I can whine in stealth mode.

Anyway, I'm weak of mind... I caved and watched Harmony. Yeah, I deserve to be covered in stinky socks, I know.

Here's what posted in the episode thread:

Spoiler:
                              First impression:

Which fanfic-author managed to get her story with the writers and got them to turn it into an episode?

The good:
                              * Harmony
                              * the painting -
                              * Harmony telling Rodney how brave he was protecting her, and Rodney doing everything in his power denying it

The semi-good:
                              * the little drones which unfortunately reminded me of those little bugs from that one SG1 episode with Lt. Hailey.

The bad:
                              * Rodney calling dips on the 3rd sister. It confirms that he and Katie are no longer together.
                              * three children on a hike through the forest
                              * immature writing by TPTB
                              * no Ronon or Teyla (anyone saying "yeah, but Rachel probably had to cut down" will get an "and what was the excuse in the previous seasons" in return - ye be warned!)
                              * the incessent kirking from both Sheppard and McKay (who seems to be on his way to be a carbon-copy of Shep's kirk)

I think I can positively state that this one sinks right down to where Travellers is, but still way above Irresistable (nothing has been worse than that fiasco).

A complete waste of 42 good minutes. A minute of silence for those lost minutes!
                              I fell asleep about 18 minutes in. Just deleted the episode w/o watching it. What does that tell ya?
                              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                                What does that tell ya?
                                Quite a bit...

Comment

Working...
                                X