Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    Seeing the recent episodes in S4 is a good cure to my Teyla-itis. The Kate-itis is getting worse
    Can't really help you, I'm afraid.

It's even possible that I won't be back for season 5.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It's even possible that I won't be back for season 5.
      Currently, GW is all that's left of Stargate to me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
        Currently, GW is all that's left of Stargate to me.
        Not for me really... but at the moment I'm really on edge, fandom and RL-wise. One wrong word and the bomb explodes.

I already said in the Anti-Carter thread, one more post coming from someone who claims season 4 the best evah but hasn't seen or doesn't want to see the first three because [insert whiny voice] "Carter isn't there.", will set me off in a redding spree.

I can't even bring myself to fight for the return of Weir at the moment. I can't bring myself to be semi-happy for those whose favorite character might possibly return in season 5. Cause mine unfortunately got the axe, deemed unimportant and expendable.

Teyla can't even safe it any longer... Less of her and she will be gone and forgotten.

I haven't read fanfic anymore cause it's all Sparky, Spanky or John/Teyla fluffyduffy goodness. No offence to those who are writing fluffyduffy goodness. If I'm in the mood I even write it. I do read a few but only because I know the author to write good in character stories (*pointed glare @ Anuna, waiting for the final chapter of The Secret Marriage*).

My muse, Kate, has been busy... I only write a few characters and I really don't care about the timeline anymore. I happily kill Carter in my 100 ways. I have discovered the joys of cross-overs with other shows that I like more than SGA these days.

I have been unsubscribing from a few threads already here... don't want to go cold turkey cause it's been a 10-year addiction. And not to forget I got all of you guys and girls, whom I consider my buddies with whom I can have fun. Should get started on those manips.

Of course, I will finish my research project. Have started season 3. Irresistable drove me nuts. I was ready for my straightjacket. Sateda rocked still. Just did its wordcount and now I can continue with Progeny.

But manips first...

Comment

Not for me really... but at the moment I'm really on edge, fandom and RL-wise. One wrong word and the bomb explodes.

I already said in the Anti-Carter thread, one more post coming from someone who claims season 4 the best evah but hasn't seen or doesn't want to see the first three because [insert whiny voice] "Carter isn't there.", will set me off in a redding spree.

I can't even bring myself to fight for the return of Weir at the moment. I can't bring myself to be semi-happy for those whose favorite character might possibly return in season 5. Cause mine unfortunately got the axe, deemed unimportant and expendable.

Teyla can't even safe it any longer... Less of her and she will be gone and forgotten.

I haven't read fanfic anymore cause it's all Sparky, Spanky or John/Teyla fluffyduffy goodness. No offence to those who are writing fluffyduffy goodness. If I'm in the mood I even write it. I do read a few but only because I know the author to write good in character stories (*pointed glare @ Anuna, waiting for the final chapter of The Secret Marriage*).

My muse, Kate, has been busy... I only write a few characters and I really don't care about the timeline anymore. I happily kill Carter in my 100 ways. I have discovered the joys of cross-overs with other shows that I like more than SGA these days.

I have been unsubscribing from a few threads already here... don't want to go cold turkey cause it's been a 10-year addiction. And not to forget I got all of you guys and girls, whom I consider my buddies with whom I can have fun. Should get started on those manips.

Of course, I will finish my research project. Have started season 3. Irresistable drove me nuts. I was ready for my straightjacket. Sateda rocked still. Just did its wordcount and now I can continue with Progeny.

But manips first...
          I don't think TPB will get rid of Teyla. Honestly do not.
          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            They'll get rid of Darth Tagaan instead

Comment

They don't know what to do with her.

Everybody keeps saying now... Oh but, with Rachel's pregnancy it's normal she has less screentime. Yeah, I know that. What was the excuse the previous three seasons then?

I'm sorry, but my faith in TPTB has fallen off the tower... quite literally.

They'll get rid of Darth Tagaan instead
              I'm pretty sure they are having some kidnapping in mind. Babies get in the way of the action/adventure, right?

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are having some kidnapping in mind. Babies get in the way of the action/adventure, right?
                What's Whining baby still doing there then?
                sigpic

Comment

Integrabyte wanted a key for the Anti-season 4 thread.

Behold the anti-key:

Spoiler:

Comment

Uhuh...
                    It's really good fun to do

Comment

Everybody keeps saying now... Oh but, with Rachel's pregnancy it's normal she has less screentime. Yeah, I know that. What was the excuse the previous three seasons then?
                      When Ass-kicking wallpaper told We come in peace, shoot to kill about her pregnancy, I've remembered a scene in this video (the relevant part starts at 2:30). She is a smart kick-ass woman and TPTB don't know how to write this type of character. Whiny bickering children on the other hand...

They don't, but it requires TPTBs to use their brains to write the baby in a credible way, that wouldn't hamper action/adventure

Comment

I'm sorry, but my faith in TPTB has fallen off the tower... quite literally.

I agree that they don't know what to do with her. Her pg did not need to be included into the storyline for SGA. Still not sure what motivated them to do so. They could've introduced a great story arc for Teyla w/ her connection to the Wraith. So many possibilities in that. Missed opportunities.
                        sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                          What's Whining baby still doing there then?
                          Good question.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                          It's really good fun to do
                          LOL!

They don't, but it requires TPTBs to use their brains to write the baby in a credible way, that wouldn't hamper action/adventure
                          Ah yes, if you put it that way...

They could've introduced a great story arc for Teyla w/ her connection to the Wraith. So many possibilities in that. Missed opportunities.
                          Missed opportunities indeed.

Comment

I think it's in the line delivery & voice quality. Sam to me doesn't carry the same authority in her voice.
                            We agree to disagree on this one

Weir did. Sam has all sorts of technical genius. For me, none of the qualities to lead a base. She's not a negotiator, peace keeper, occasional psychologist.
                            Indeed she is not what Weir was and Weir is not what Sam is. Consequently, you cannot write Sam like you would write Weir. It does not work. Write SAM properly and you'll see a new face in SGA. You would have the same effect with Weir being a techie. Imagine in S5 she returns and she plays a part similar to Sam in SG1 . A babysitter cannot be an engineer and an engineer cannot be a babysitter

What Sam does best is find solutions to technical problems. That's her area. She's the one who will give you 10 solutions to your one problem. Weir had/has the human touch that's needed to run the manpower in Atlantis.
                            TPTB need to realise that SAM is not Weir. You cannot move forward if you live in the past. This is what TPTB are doing. They put in charge someone who does not like to stay still . Its like putting Ronon to work in the lab with Zelenka, wth ?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              We agree to disagree on this one
                              Okie doke.

Indeed she is not what Weir was and Weir is not what Sam is. Consequently, you cannot write Sam like you would write Weir. It does not work. Write SAM properly and you'll see a new face in SGA. You would have the same effect with Weir being a techie. Imagine in S5 she returns and she plays a part similar to Sam in SG1 . A babysitter cannot be an engineer and an engineer cannot be a babysitter

TPTB need to realise that SAM is not Weir. You cannot move forward if you live in the past. This is what TPTB are doing. They put in charge someone who does not like to stay still . Its like putting Ronon to work in the lab with Zelenka, wth ?
                              see I don't consider the job of the base leader a strictly baby sitting job, but ITA with what you're saying here. It's a balance and they've mutilated two good characters in the name of change.
                              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                You cannot move forward if you live in the past.
                                Indeed. Ditch Sam and bring back Dr. Weir!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X