Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    Can we watch Heroes? Everyone like that show right? Well I do
    I had to drag myself through Heroes. If it hadn't been for Hiro I wouldn't have made it to the end of season 1.

The 4400 has my undivided attention, and soon I'm going to give Dr. Who another chance. And Torchwood will go in one go too.

Hey, do we have anti-pillows or anti-stuff to throw at the screen?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I had to drag myself through Heroes. If it hadn't been for Hiro I wouldn't have made it to the end of season 1.

The 4400 has my undivided attention, and soon I'm going to give Dr. Who another chance. And Torchwood will go in one go too.

Hey, do we have anti-pillows or anti-stuff to throw at the screen?
      I'm sure we have! And don't forget we have an anti-tv, it censores everything bad!

On a different note, I was reading some comments on JM's blog.

Why are you all complaining about cast changes when the episodes HAVEN'T EVEN AIRED YET?!? Sure, I'll be a little upset that Weir is gone, and that they're having Carter cross over, but it's still THE SAME SHOW. True fans wouldn't stop watching because of cast changes, it's the show ITSELF, ALL the cast and the storylines, that should keep you coming back for more; not a single actor/actress. It's what you get out of watching it, the feeling you get at the end, that makes it worth watching.
      I actually sighed and rolled my eyes. True fan? Who decides who is and who isn't? These kind of people make me sick, frankly. They ***** at us because we don't just shut up and take it like "true fans" should. I'd rather be a "not true fan" so I could voice my concern than shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
        I'm sure we have! And don't forget we have an anti-tv, it censores everything bad!

I actually sighed and rolled my eyes. True fan? Who decides who is and who isn't? These kind of people make me sick, frankly. They ***** at us because we don't just shut up and take it like "true fans" should. I'd rather be a "not true fan" so I could voice my concern than shut up.

This argument has been raging forever. "True" fans love Stargate above all else and will accept pretty much anything that is thrown on the screen in the name of the franchise. As long as there is a gate and a team somewhere, "true" fans will be happy. Basically, its the Stepford viewing method. LOL.

More power to them . . . I guess.
        sigpic

Comment

Perhaphs Joe M. is neglecting the fact of how they're changing the cast and the way they're treating the characters which is pissing off people.

I know that I accept cast changes in Doctor Who, B5, Buffy, Angel, Heroes, Lost, The 4400, etc... so it seems that TPTB of Stargate must be doing something wrong then...
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
            This argument has been raging forever. "True" fans love Stargate above all else and will accept pretty much anything that is thrown on the screen in the name of the franchise. As long as there is a gate and a team somewhere, "true" fans will be happy. Basically, its the Stepford viewing method. LOL.

More power to them . . . I guess.
            Yah, I know, but I love how it just emerges once in a while and it pisses me off. Now who's a lemming huh? TPTB say watch and "true" fans will watch, regardless their favorite characters will be killed and their most hated ship will go off in sunset together.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
              Perhaphs Joe M. is neglecting the fact of how they're changing the cast and the way they're treating the characters which is pissing off people.

I know that I accept cast changes in Doctor Who, B5, Buffy, Angel, Heroes, Lost, The 4400, etc... so it seems that TPTB of Stargate must be doing something wrong then...
              YES. but the thing is I think all those shows are SO much better than SGA, which I think is why I took the cast changes much better. Doctor Who, zomg my otp, they killed my otp and yet I still watched.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I think part of the issue is that many fans feel TPTB are making changes to Atlantis that are not only unnecessary, but will make it more like SG1. It's like TPTB are announcing to the world that they tried, they really tried, but they just can't do anything but SG1.

Now, with the parent out of the picture, they don't have to try anymore. So bye, bye Weir and Beckett. Hello Carter. Atlantis will now become season 11 of SG1. Okay, that may be a bit simplistic (not too much), but that seems to be the general message. LOL.
                sigpic

Comment

Yah, I know, but I love how it just emerges once in a while and it pisses me off. Now who's a lemming huh? TPTB say watch and "true" fans will watch, regardless their favorite characters will be killed and their most hated ship will go off in sunset together.

I guess that just makes us rebels with a cause. Or at least rebels with the good sense to know we're being fed a line of garbage. LOL.
                  sigpic

Comment

As I said elswhere; I prefer being not - true fan and having my oppinion on something, and not swallowing everything TPTB try to feed me with. i still have my brain to think with it!
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Just thought I'd share. Feel free to use.

Spoiler:

Comment

Whish I could green you for this! Will use them, be sure of that!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Dana, mental GREEN!!

They rock! The Beckett-one made me giggle.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SG-1 set the tone. They had five years of The Same, and even when it did change in year six they seemed pretty keen to go back to The Same as soon as poss. They offed a regular in s7 only cos they thought it was the last year; and the cast changes post-s8 were actor-instigated. It followed the same format as the last four Treks in having virtually no major cast changes for years and years and years.

Which is why when the original line-up of Atlantis was assumed to be fixed and static; even after the Ford and Ronon thing people saw it as TPTB getting the line-up settled rather than part of an ongoing cast-change thing. For three years there were no othe real changes. It's a bit late, comparitively for the show to start a Buffy-style high turnover of characters, so it feels 'wrong'.

I'm not terribly bothered in principle by changes, but that's my perspective on why these ones (and the SG-1 ones in the past) bother people more than I think Who, Heroes, Lost, Buffy cast changes do.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                              SG-1 set the tone. They had five years of The Same, and even when it did change in year six they seemed pretty keen to go back to The Same as soon as poss. They offed a regular in s7 only cos they thought it was the last year; and the cast changes post-s8 were actor-instigated. It followed the same format as the last four Treks in having virtually no major cast changes for years and years and years.

Which is why when the original line-up of Atlantis was assumed to be fixed and static; even after the Ford and Ronon thing people saw it as TPTB getting the line-up settled rather than part of an ongoing cast-change thing. For three years there were no othe real changes. It's a bit late, comparitively for the show to start a Buffy-style high turnover of characters, so it feels 'wrong'.

I'm not terribly bothered in principle by changes, but that's my perspective on why these ones (and the SG-1 ones in the past) bother people more than I think Who, Heroes, Lost, Buffy cast changes do.
                              Your right, its the tone of the show.

If the show is one like Lost or BSG you expect cast changes. Something like Stargate, Startrek and even farscape and B5 were shows you could get comfortable with the cast and not worry your favorite will be killed off. Sure there may be a small amount of turnover due to actors need or a character just not working out but for the most part they are nice, fun (yet can be dramatic) shows whose cast you enjoy and get comfortable seeing week after week.

I like the formula with the established cast in early SG-1 and am dissappointed Atlantis has not been able to settle on a cast in 3 years. Ironically, I guess, if we want Atlantis really not to be like SG-1 then I guess we should be calling for more cast changes with no character being safe. However, I just have no interest in such a show and would not get attached to the characters.

I was attached to Carson and to a lesser extent Weir. Now I will be more careful getting attached, and that is not good for getting me to watch the show everyweek. I always feel like TPTB is about to kick me. We will see if they will be able to establish a cast now and make it last more then a year but I do have my doubts.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more dana. JM doesn't seem to realize that it is in fact the characters that draw us to continue watching the show and make it enjoyable. It's not the stargate that makes the show good, its the characters that we have come to love.
                                SHEPPARD: You, Elizabeth, Ronon, Carson, even Rodney, are the closest thing I have to a ...

TEYLA: A family?

SHEPPARD: I'd do anything ... for any one of you.

Stop breaking up our family!

Save Weir and Beckett

Comment

Working...
                                X