Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish there was well written Weir in this season. Without Weir I can't say the season is good. No. It's not. Period.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      I wish there was well written Weir in this season. Without Weir I can't say the season is good. No. It's not. Period.
      Look at the bright side . Sam is there to save the day...NOT

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
        Yeah, but she still comes in at number three, despite people not seeing her as an important character.
        She's the freakin' leader, how can they not see her as important?!?

She is the voice of reason and the light in the dark. People can say all they want but she lights up the screen.
        So true.
        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGolf-OneNiner View Post
          This brings back memories.

Here is a toast:

To the good old days where we still got intelligent, compelling and engaging stories to watch every week. May you rest in peace. It was nice for as long as it lasted.
          Amen

Comment

Today's ANTI-trivia:

Top 3 most viewed threads in the season 4 folder are:

1. The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY. with 252,037 views at the time I post this.

2. Pro Weir in season 4 and 5 *spoilers - Pro comments only with 72,168 views

and
            3. The New and Improved Anti-Carter on Atlantis -thread... with 57,56 views.

That says a lot about s4.

Comment

It says we talk a lot and people wanna have a good laugh

Comment

It says that people are interested in/enjoy reading anti-s4-thoughts, pro-Weir thoughts and anti-Carter thoughts. hehe

Comment

We're more entertaining than crappy s4. Our ratings are going through the roof.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                    Why does that sound dirty? Is it suppose to?
                    No comment

I guess it's supposed to sound dirty. Oh wait, Sheppard could get infected with nanites too! Somebody should write about that.
                    Don't you dare! It was my idea and that means I'll be the one to write it!

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                    Today's ANTI-trivia:

1. The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY. with 252,037 views at the time I post this.

and

And that is a surprise... why exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                      Woooohoooo!!!

Originally posted by Pajus View Post

And that is a surprise... why exactly?
                      I didn't say it's a surprise. lol

Comment

So messa is a STAAAAAR!!!!

*Yipeeee *

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                          Thank you for summing that up! It's a shame Elizabeth lost her screentime in favor of more McKay. *doesn't really want to guess the total number for McKay in s3*
                          Yeah, this is a solid proof of characters being wallpapered. I think everybody lost their screentime in favor of McKay.
                          She is the voice of reason and the light in the dark. People can say all they want but she lights up the screen.
                          Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                          I love McKay but I would prefer more development and lesser idiotic behaviour for him over the screentime he got.
                          But I think it is more equal in S4. I think that Sheppard got most screentime in S4.
                          The one from few good things I can say about S4 is how McKay is written, in most of the episodes (except BAMSR)
                          That is really no surprise to me. Season 3 the show became Stargate Rodney and still is to some extent. If you love Rodney then you're in heaven. If you find the character slightly amusing and rather annoying...welcome to the club.

I still feel it's Stargate Rodney and with the lack of weir and Beckett to offset neurotic Rodney they have to rely on sheppard...whose character has been slowly but surely assassinated.

Today's ANTI-trivia:

and

numbers by themselves mean nothing unless your looking at ratings or the lotto. I prefer quality of the post over the number of post.

it would nice if this thread was more about going into detail about the mistakes made rather than just tooting horns.

There are some issues with season 4 that should be explored. Instead of seeing "I hate Carter because she's the new leader." post I would like to dive into how they have changed her into an new character to try and fit the new role...kind of like what happened to daniel but not that extreme.

I've only seen 2 eps where a hint of the real carter came through, when she told Woosley off and her telling ellis off. other than that, Sam is nearly as much wallpaper as the actress she replaced.

There is also the issue of why Sheppard, Rodney and Sam go off world when they are in fact dept heads. None of them should be going off world if they remain as deprt. heads but tptb never addressed that issue.

Idea: tptb could have brought Sam in part time as Rodney's boss so he would be able to go off world. Shep should have remained a Major and new head of security should have been in place.

Then there is the new doc issue. My good, why on earth is this whinny child the head of the medical department? WTF? Talk about a major mistake. She has already disobeyed orders, gave information to the enemy and is just an emotional wreck.

I also think killing of Hermoid was big mistake and they should have brought back Novak for more eps.

Then there is Ellis...another ship commander. (How many freaking ships does this show need?) Ellis is supposed to be a no nonsense commander but he just bores me to tears. There is absolutely nothing interesting about him or his ship. He's a talking head, nothing more.

The show has certainly lost it's flavor and the new flavor kind of stinks.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            So messa is a STAAAAAR!!!!

*Yipeeee *
                            Yes, Mr. Binks.
                            sigpic

Comment

Screentime ladies and gentlemen. Comparing to season 1 wasn't easy since it seems there are 37 extra minutes in season 2. It's most definitely weird.

Spoiler:

Season 2 has a total time of 837m57s, which makes an average of 41m54s per episode.

Season 1 had 37m12s less time than season 2.

Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard
                              Season 2
                              Total = 242m28s
                              Average = 12m07s

Season 1
                              Total = 252m08s
                              Average = 12m42s

Least time in 214 - Grace Under Pressure -> 4m04s
                              Most time in 212 - Epiphany -> 21m17s

Torri Higginson/Elizabeth Weir
                              Season 2
                              Total = 132m10s
                              Average = 6m39s

Season 1
                              Total = 172m10s
                              Average = 8m36s

Least time in 215 - The Tower -> 00m37s
                              Most time in 208 - Conversion -> 15m10s

Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan
                              Season 2
                              Total = 125m27s
                              Average = 6m16s

Season 1
                              Total = 129m29s
                              Average = 6m30s

Least time in 214 - Grace Under Pressure -> 00m04s (didn't appear in the episode, only in the opening credits)
                              Most time in 218 - Michael -> 11m00s

Jason Momoa/Ronon Dex
                              Only 17 episodes as official regular aka in the opening credits, which means his screentime starts at 204 - Duet.

Season 2
                              Total = 94m34s
                              Average = 5m34s

Least time in 214 - Grace Under Pressure -> 00m04s (didn't appear in the episode, only in the opening credits)
                              Most time in 206 - Trinity -> 9m24s

Paul McGillion/Carson Beckett
                              Only 17 episodes as official regular aka in the opening credits, which means his screentime starts at 204 - Duet.

Season 2
                              Total = 69m32s
                              Average = 4m05s

Least time in 205 - Condemned, 209 - Aurora & 214 - Grace Under Pressure -> 00m04s (didn't appear in any of the episodes, only in the opening credits)
                              Most time in 208 - Conversion -> 10m37s

David Hewlett/Rodney McKay
                              Season 2
                              Total = 226m15s
                              Average = 11m19s

Season 1
                              Total = 203m25s
                              Average = 9m30s

Least time in 218 - Michael -> 2m34s
                              Most time in 214 - Grace Under Pressure -> 25m35s

Rainbow Sun Francks/Aiden Ford
                              Can't compare him to season 1 since he had far less episodes, since he got demoted to recurring character. Only appears in 6 episodes.

Season 2
                              Total = 29m30s
                              Average = 4m55s

Least time in 208 - Conversion -> 00m02s (only in the "Previously on Stargate Atlantis")
                              Most words in 210 - The Lost Boys -> 13m15s

Claire Rankin/Kate Heightmeyer
                              Because she's my favorite, and I'm the one doing the research. 2 episodes in season 2.

Season 2
                              Total = 5m39s
                              Average = 2m50s

For more info, the full document -> SGA screentime
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                                Why does that sound dirty? Is it suppose to?
                                hehehehehehe

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Excel an I don't work well together, but please... knock yourself out.
                                e-mail it to me? i can't promise i'll have time but i'll see what i can do
                                excel is my life lol

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                Look at the bright side . Sam is there to save the day...NOT
                                erk... i think i just threw up a little hehe

Today's ANTI-trivia:

and

hehe

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                                really thats not a difficult thing to accomplish hehe alot of things are more entertaining then season 4
                                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                                Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Working...
                                X