Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    You should. It has a prettier cast than SGA Plus Adama/Roslin are like Shep/Weir except better written.
    Yes, totally! Utterly! Completely! Yes! *flails*
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Putting characters in who are clearly there for the eye-candy aspect just irritates me. I don't watch SGA for that - I want to be entertained as well.
      Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      That's exactly what I think.
      See, I knew there were some intelligent men left on this planet.

I'm not a big fan of eye-candy--nice and all--but I want interesting characters and when a cast has average looking people I feel it's a bit more real, and less we're-oh-so-pretty-pretentious.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        More Teyla!?! Imho the "more" Teyla was all about
        Spoiler:

her baby, from Ronon's are you over doing it line while she was on a bloody exercise bike to the way John sounded like he wanted to put her in cotton fraking wool!

I knew this story line, this development would make Teyla into the Madonna (no not that one)
        I think they put women's rights back to the 1950s in this episode. Actually it was more like "come on men we have to protect the women folk" whether they want the protection or not.
        Yup. It is written by men though. Some men are a bit prehistoric Lol.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
          I'm not a big fan of eye-candy--nice and all--but I want interesting characters and when a cast has average looking people I feel it's a bit more real, and less we're-oh-so-pretty-pretentious.
          I prefer real people too. It makes everything more believable.
          sigpic

Comment

I prefer real people too. It makes everything more believable.
            Yeah, and I might forgive the odd mistake in a believeable character (hey, they're only human), but not with a pretty-pretty-pretentious one.

EDIT: hey I just realised that of the last four posters, the two guys (myself and mcbarr) have been talking about character quality and dynamics, while the two girls (marielabbot and falcon horus) have been talking about teh hotties. And they say only guys have a one track mind......
            Last edited by gateraid; 12 January 2008, 06:12 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              More Teyla!?! Imho the "more" Teyla was all about
              Spoiler:

her baby, from Ronon's are you over doing it line while she was on a bloody exercise bike to the way John sounded like he wanted to put her in cotton fraking wool!

I knew this story line, this development would make Teyla into the Madonna (no not that one)
              I think they put women's rights back to the 1950s in this episode. Actually it was more like "come on men we have to protect the women folk" whether they want the protection or not.
              Yeah, I saw your post on the general thread about not wanting Teyla's pregnancy to be treated like a damn disease and I completely agree. She gets pregnant and everyone walks on eggshells around her and both Ronon and Shep advise her on what to do. And then in the end she learns her lesson - that the men were right and she was wrong. Hmmm...

Also, I didn't understand why Teyla was so bent on staying with the main team in order to find the Athosians. Why would the main team be the only one who could find them? (outside of "OMG, Shep's team ALWAYS finds EVERYTHING cool" that TPTB have going on) Surely she could take another team and work on finding them, no Shep needed, no need to go running into a wraith ship? What about leaving the teams behind and looking for the Athosians herself? Because the way the past 2 eps were written implies that Teyla needs Shep's permission to do anything offworld, and I have no idea why she can't just tell him to sod off and strike out on her own if she really wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                Also, I didn't understand why Teyla was so bent on staying with the main team in order to find the Athosians. Why would the main team be the only one who could find them? (outside of "OMG, Shep's team ALWAYS finds EVERYTHING cool" that TPTB have going on) Surely she could take another team and work on finding them, no Shep needed, no need to go running into a wraith ship? What about leaving the teams behind and looking for the Athosians herself? Because the way the past 2 eps were written implies that Teyla needs Shep's permission to do anything offworld, and I have no idea why she can't just tell him to sod off and strike out on her own if she really wants to.
                Well, that would officially be the off-screen writing... It would be easier for TPTB who can play with the boys all they like that way. But, it would also mean no more Teyla... I'm pretty sure of it.

Gah... I hate how TPTB treat that character. Zero respect they have!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                  The wraith costumes really are in decline, did you see the hair on the one who betrayed Tod?!! I think he's using some really cheap shampoo which gives it too much volume. Also when another one was telling him that the enemy ship was coming straight for them, his face was completely blurred the whole time! Obviously they're trying to save money but do they think fans won't notice?!!!
                  Expensive special effects and SAM are bankrupting SGA.
                  I would say it's the special effects that eating up the budget. Everything is computer and miniaturized--with big, massive explosions and lots of shooting. Action scenes take up a tremendous amount of time and money.

I also recall a behind the scene ep where AT was talking about the massive budget for special effects. I believe she stated something along the lines of: "This show spend a huge amount of money of computer generated special effects and I only get this much (holds two fingers close) for hair product.

I certainly wouldn't place blame on AT for taking up the budget--to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if DH got more than her. I think the budget goes to tptb and the main stars of the show, DH and a little to JF.

I also wouldn't be surprised if DH get's his sister on SGA full time for season 5...I really get the feeling KH is coming back for a much longer stay.

Let's not assume AT is getting extra perks when in fact she has only 14 eps.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Well, that would officially be the off-screen writing... It would be easier for TPTB who can play with the boys all they like that way. But, it would also mean no more Teyla... I'm pretty sure of it.

Gah... I hate how TPTB treat that character. Zero respect they have!
                  Part of Teyla's issues is that she was totally, completely, utterly ignored for 2 seasons. Then after TPTB let go of 2 big cast members and she announced she was expecting they didn't really what to do with her. Imagine the uproar of Teyla had actually taken the whole season off to have her little boy on top of losing TH and PM? OMG, the sky would be falling!

So, now they have to utilize her and since they didn't really know how to utilize her, they used the baby in the story. Needless to say, writing for Teyla is coming across very weak. First they played the: "No one knows but Teyla and doc." card. Then they still shot around the pregnancy for months, she has been showing for sometime and not addressing it sooner only makes the show look weak.

Finally they do address it and get the classic, "Teyla endangers her baby--who has a super mind"" apparently--to the Wraith.

The show has yet to address the teams the reactions of losing: Dr. Weir and Beckett. (The dropping hints in JM's blog about who will return just turns me off so bad. Like the school bully taking away the ball and hiding it somewhere and then giving you hints about where they put it.)

At least when Daniel left in season 6 the show did address some of the fallout. In SGA...it's like the skiffy creature feature of the week, "Oh, who died now?"
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    Because the way the past 2 eps were written implies that Teyla needs Shep's permission to do anything offworld, and I have no idea why she can't just tell him to sod off and strike out on her own if she really wants to.
                    RL won't be in some eps, right, because of her maternity leave? Maybe this is exactly what the writers will have Teyla do. I'm getting concerned about how they will handle the baby after it's born, after they made such a big deal about how her priorities have shifted now. I mean, if I had a kid, especially if I was a single mom, I wouldn't put myself into mortal danger on a regular basis, unless I had a really, really good reason. So will Teyla? They had better not take her off the team and the reason she continues on the team had better be believable.

And no kidnapping of the baby, or mutant abilities. Please.

Comment

RL won't be in some eps, right, because of her maternity leave? Maybe this is exactly what the writers will have Teyla do. I'm getting concerned about how they will handle the baby after it's born, after they made such a big deal about how her priorities have shifted now. I mean, if I had a kid, especially if I was a single mom, I wouldn't put myself into mortal danger on a regular basis, unless I had a really, really good reason. So will Teyla? They had better not take her off the team and the reason she continues on the team had better be believable.

So RL on maternity leave, and Joe and Jason possibly not being available if the SAG actors go out on strike.

Hmmm. Could be an interesting year. Maybe they were a little hasty in sacking two Canadians...

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                        So RL on maternity leave, and Joe and Jason possibly not being available if the SAG actors go out on strike.

Hmmm. Could be an interesting year. Maybe they were a little hasty in sacking two Canadians...
                        Ooops, I meant I think RL will be missing from some eps this season. No word on next season, though it's possible. If the SAG actors go on strike...I can't see them going forward with production, unless they're smoking crack over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                          Turning now to the Wraith with the nasty hair, what can we conclude? When shep uses all the Gel people have to improvise .
                          Now that's just funny! I've been thinking....what's up with the hair and makeup on the Wraiths this season? Not only do they look like they're wearing wigs but their makeup is so greasy looking. And what's up with their voices? They used to sound scary and look scary. Now, well, they couldn't even scare a flea.

Comment

Well and they are also going to turn Teyla's baby into some sort of super baby. What got me in last nights eppy was when the Wraith Queen said (something along the effects of) "your minds are powerful". Come on! Her baby is what, 3 months old?

Comment

Ooops, I meant I think RL will be missing from some eps this season. No word on next season, though it's possible. If the SAG actors go on strike...I can't see them going forward with production, unless they're smoking crack over there.
                              But JM has said that they will continue if there is a SAG strike. He said something about trying to find ways that Ronon and Shep would be gone. Maybe all it took for Shep to think of a plan to get Weir back was for the actors to go on strike.
                              sigpic
                              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Wouldn't it had been part of Keller's duties as a doctor, to tell Shep that Teyla is pregnant? Keller would have had the right, as a Doctor, to restrict her duties and limiting her off world activities, etc., etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X