Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    They tried to force the friendship/family in the first half, and I hated it. Especially in Doppelganger, that last scene was incredibly off. I was already severally down and disappointed and then they tried to shuffle that down my throat. I hate(d) Carter's words about Kate (hardly a eulogy worthy) and if she had been any more colder about it, I would have felt the frostbite.
    I did feel the frostbite. That was the worst eulogy ever. Gosh, Carter Sue, it would help a bit if you actually knew the woman.

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
    It's their new style of writing. Make the characters fit the story instead of making the story fit the characters.
    That works with some shows, but not with SGA. For certain shows you watch for plots, who gets killed next etc. But Atlantis is about the characters. The same characters that we've had together since season two. But nope, TP wants to 'shake it up'.

Did you see? It seems Jewel is back for season 5. Where does that leave Carson?
    Oh, this is not my best day ever. I love Jewel and if you know my story of how I was introduced to Atlantis it's quite ironic but I hate Keller.

This was a wasted episode, story-wise. For me personally, characters come first. The story has to suit the characters, and not the other way around. And special effects come last. One can make a pretty good episode with writing and characters alone, and maybe a minimum on CG.

Also, something I have been wondering about... is Atlantis an action-adventure show?
    I've always liked Atlantis for the characters. I could really care less about the action/sci-fi elements though that adds to the setting and stories. But yes, the characters come first. What I fear most about sci-fi is crappy writing and it relies all on the spiffy CGI.

[QUOTE=Klenotka;7541173]SG1 should have ended after S7 and followed by Atlantis. Then start new spin-off few years later, witch Mitchell, Vala and the Ori. [QUOTE]

Agreed, being the last two seasons of SG1 wer the only I watched and ever plan to watch, they should have started a new show. Then I could have more Vala-awesomeness

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    HK-47: Statement: Here you go, meatbag

I love joo.

Originally posted by silkie View Post
    Please go vote here for Weir!
    I don't want the overgrown sissy-toy to win!
    Aww, I already voted for the Wraith Queen a week back - c'mon, everybody knows they make the best lovers!

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
    What a difference bad cast changes make...
    My mum was ranting about the cast changes on ER five years back or so and quit watching, so she kind of knows what I'm going through, amazingly. TP should learn a lesson. If actors don't want to leave, keep 'em.

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
    I don't even want to step in that thread, not interested enough. Season 3 was great with some exceptional episodes. I was just watching CG today. Elizabeth was written wonderfully. Torri is awesome in that one just like all the other actors. Season 4 on the other hand is a complete turn off, don't care about it without Elizabeth and with characters who don't belong on Atlantis.
    Yeah, 300 to 200000. Hmm, TP, look at this! Agreed, season 3 was a blast,

Originally posted by erb
    I was told to take my opinion elsewhere since I responded to a poster stating Carson was in too many episodes last year by saying that Keller is in too many this one.
    Pfft. Welcome! I'm surprised how people can make a big deal even if you slighty hint at disliking the current PTB outside the anti threads. Anywhoots, bring on the Carson-love, welcome!

Originally posted by erb View Post
    Good luck with that! He's not a draw for the pubescent male demographic. I'd much prefer to see him than her too. He's a good character.
    Aforementioned in the last post I'm in LOVE with his character. Is it just me, or does Atlantis have more female viewers? It seems like it. I'm a female viewer, and as a part of the considered 'minority' demographic TPTB should still respect me!

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    it's really irony.. the good shows are affected by writer's strike and this crappy SGA isn't
    I was hoping the strike would bring in new writers. Guess not.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    In the spirit of Exploding Tumor, I'm trying to think of the most ridiculous ways for Shep or Ronon to die that would piss off almost everyone in the fanbase with its sheer and utter stupidity.
    Aye, spirit of exploding tumour. The Exploding Tumour has become a reference I use in everyday life - 'At least it wasn't an exploding tumor', 'I'll kill you with an exploding tumour' or even 'I don't like the acidic base, it'll give me an exploding tumour' in biology. Only one of my friends understand. We like to draw exploding tumours on the poor animals that end up illustrated on the handouts.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Just my thoughts on it. I don't know. But hey, if they do write them out, maybe Teyla will finally get that chance to shine we're always complaining about!
    is awesome.

Originally posted by dana View Post
    Ok, so more on topic...when was the first time you realized you harbored more anti feelings for SGA than before? (or ever)
    1. Carson killed, by an exploding tumour to top that. Kills my major OTP.
    2. Liz desposed of to make way for Carter Sue.
    3. Carter Sue's presence, including trading civilian for military.
    4. Disappointment in Keller.
    5. Lack of creative writing.
    6. My old family dynamic is gone, replaced with this attempted new family being shoved down my throat.
    7. Teyla under-used.
    8. Death of Kate. It was a crappy death.
    9. New manangement.

And to top it off, with something minor but irritating :

10. The Uniforms! What was wrong with the old ones? These ones are too tight and look really retro. To empathize - WAY too tight, everyone's is a size too small! And the leather! Carter Sue does not look good in leather, and I won't even get into Larrin. Why is Rodney wearing so much leather all the sudden? And his hair? He's beginning to look like Rod from McKay and Mrs. Miller, not old sexy Rodney. Maybe he was replaced too. Teyla looks great in leather though. Luckily Ronon's hasn't changed much. But it still seems as soon as Carter walked in her first order was to get new uniforms and enforce a new dress code. Retro or leather - you pick.

Comment

I wanted to see Sam the commander of (insert awesome spaceship here) and Weir the commander of Atlantis.
      That would be acceptable, even interesting (dare I say), but almighty TPTB apparently want to show off and display 'loyalty' to the SG-1 people instead of running Stargate Atlantis as its own show. What am I supposed to think?

Spoiler:

Yep.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      i am just so freaking tired of all the trolls walking all over us
      Things seem to have calmed down now.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
        That would be acceptable, even interesting (dare I say), but almighty TPTB apparently want to show off and display 'loyalty' to the SG-1 people instead of running Stargate Atlantis as its own show. What am I supposed to think?

Spoiler:

Yep.

Things seem to have calmed down now.
        I would love to see that story line. I would like to see how the two female commanders deal with one another vs. the current male/female dynamics. Has that ever been done in a sci-fi show?

p.s. see Anuna, I am back to focusing!
        sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

10. The Uniforms! What was wrong with the old ones? These ones are too tight and look really retro. To empathize - WAY too tight, everyone's is a size too small! And the leather! Carter Sue does not look good in leather, and I won't even get into Larrin. Why is Rodney wearing so much leather all the sudden? And his hair? He's beginning to look like Rod from McKay and Mrs. Miller, not old sexy Rodney. Maybe he was replaced too. Teyla looks great in leather though. Luckily Ronon's hasn't changed much. But it still seems as soon as Carter walked in her first order was to get new uniforms and enforce a new dress code. Retro or leather - you pick.
          Sorry for snippage! Ha, you just proved that S4 is actually an AU, happening in Rod universe!!!!
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            I would love to see that story line. I would like to see how the two female commanders deal with one another vs. the current male/female dynamics. Has that ever been done in a sci-fi show?

p.s. see Anuna, I am back to focusing!
            Oh my I would LOVE to see that. And no - I don't think any sci fi show was courageous enough to take that step.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
              Ok, so more on topic...when was the first time you realized you harbored more anti feelings for SGA than before? (or ever)
              Sunday. That just killed any hope I had for this show, for many many reasons. The Game was the last full episode I bothered to watch. I mostly now even with the Elizabeth episodes just skip to her parts.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I did feel the frostbite. That was the worst eulogy ever. Gosh, Carter Sue, it would help a bit if you actually knew the woman.
                I was planning on writing my own eulogy, but I just couldn't do it. It hasn't left my muse alone though. The poor thing has been heart-broken about it. I might just write it after all, cause the one in the show sucked. I can't help but if Elizabeth had done it, it would have been a gazillion times better.

...they should have started a new show. Then I could have more Vala-awesomeness
                Vala rulz!!

Aww, I already voted for the Wraith Queen a week back - c'mon, everybody knows they make the best lovers!
                LOL!!!

Is it just me, or does Atlantis have more female viewers? It seems like it. I'm a female viewer, and as a part of the considered 'minority' demographic TPTB should still respect me!
                I'm not sure with the viewers in general but there are definitely more female GW-members, at least from the one who I know to post regurlarly in the Stargate Atlantis threads.

But you know, I like my girls - Kate, Teyla & Elizabeth - and I want to see them as much as possible. I wish TPTB would start with giving Teyla more screentime and lines.

You know in my research, it's always fun to see if Teyla and Ronon can make it past the 100 words.

Worst way to go... Exploding tumors - WTF!!

I completely agree.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Oh my I would LOVE to see that. And no - I don't think any sci fi show was courageous enough to take that step.
                  Let's start the 'Give the Apollo to Sam' campaign.

{Mod Snip}
                  Last edited by TameFarrar; 11 January 2008, 04:45 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think if JM should leave, I think there could be a form of protest, but if RL should disappear, I don't think anyone would notice, other than the people like me who are suffering from severe Teyla-itis or Teyla-withdrawal.
                    I would notice too. I'm fascinated with Teyla and so frustrated that TPTB refuse to explore her further. Unfortunately, I know that if one of the main cast had to go it would likely be RL. They've shoved her into the background so much the next "logical" step is removal.

Yes! More women in charge, please. The Stargates have unfortunately always been male-dominated shows and I'd love to see the franchise break its stereotypes.

Comment

Back in s2 and 3, I remember I couldn't stand wallpaper/fashion Teyla... She was supposed to be this kick-ass alien leader, and yet she was written as a common earthling. Bah!
                      sigpic

Comment

2. Liz desposed of to make way for Carter Sue.
                        3. Carter Sue's presence, including trading civilian for military.
                        4. Disappointment in Keller.
                        5. Lack of creative writing.
                        6. My old family dynamic is gone, replaced with this attempted new family being shoved down my throat.
                        7. Teyla under-used.
                        9. New manangement.

And to top it off, with something minor but irritating :

I totally agree with your list. I gotta say, about the uniforms...what the hell were they thinking?? Rodney looks awful. I agree he looks more like Rod in M&MM but at least Rod wore a leather jacket that fit him properly. Rodney looks like he's wearing a jacket several sizes too small. He looks stuffed for god's sake not to mention he looks uncomfortable. I also think that Sam's first order of biz was to replace the uniforms and change the dress code.

Sorry for snippage! Ha, you just proved that S4 is actually an AU, happening in Rod universe!!!!
                        I agree. I think that either TPTB jettisoned us into Rod's universe without telling us or we are seeing the Replicator versions of our fav SGA characters. Ohh yea!

Comment

Yep, it's a pretty and lovely little thread, and people - please - let's stop arguing and go back to better things, like bashing the travesty that is S4.
                          Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                          i am just so freaking tired of all the trolls walking all over us
                          Amen! Don't the trolls have their own threads BTW? Oh yeah, like the "Oh God, Larrin (or Keller) is SOOOO HOT" Thread, or something along those lines?

Shoo trolls, leave us alone please
                          Last edited by kali1; 10 January 2008, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Hey, the Rodverse can be to SGA anti-s4ers what the AUs in Moebius were to SG1 anti-s9/s10ers. All the mind-boggling insanity can be explained by a secret, sudden shift to a parallel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                              Back in s2 and 3, I remember I couldn't stand wallpaper/fashion Teyla... She was supposed to be this kick-ass alien leader, and yet she was written as a common earthling. Bah!

Yeah.....I miss the "kick-ass" Teyla myself. Now it seems like all she says is..."I sense the Wraith". TPTB could have come up with a better story line for Teyla than falling back on the ol' "pregnant" story line routine. That has been done waaaay too often.

Comment

Hey, the Rodverse can be to SGA anti-s4ers what the AUs in Moebius were to SG1 anti-s9/s10ers. All the mind-boggling insanity can be explained by a secret, sudden shift to a parallel universe.

Comment

Working...
                                X