Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I will permantly be in this thread from what I'm hearing about BAMSR. ***** that sh*t. SGA you suck.

sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
      I think I will permantly be in this thread from what I'm hearing about BAMSR. ***** that sh*t. SGA you suck.

Take a seat:

sigpic

Comment

((huggles)) R_P. Seriously you should watch it first. You just might change your mind, a smidgen.
        sig made by me

Comment

well, the wonderful Dr. Weir story arc which was going to blow us all away totally sucked. There was no real arc...just one episode where weir actually had an arc and that was the one where Rodney put the nano things in her to begin with.

weir's eps: (not going chronologically--just eps for weir)

ep 1--she was dying

ep 2--she was saved and goes to replicator world--only real weir story the entire season too.

ep 3--why even bother? the whole ep was nothing more than a plot device to track the replicator ships.

ep 4--WTF?
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

They just wanted to get her out of the way... Who are we kidding?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              I have no doubt that was their original intention, but I think this was an way of making amends. Not what most of us want, but I just want her back. So I will take the crumbs, and go sit in the corner, at least for tonight.

Tomorrow is a brand new day to be Anti again.
              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                ((huggles)) R_P. Seriously you should watch it first. You just might change your mind, a smidgen.
                Oh this was totally right after the episode had aired. I've now heard more than one opinion(also I should have known this person's opinion was going to be THAT, anything to get rid of Weir) about Weir and I'm more calm now. Still anti thought
                sigpic

Comment

So is this the confirmed, very secretive final ep for Weir?
                  Spoiler:
                  10 seconds at the end. Man, what a waste. Set her (or her clone) up in this new direction and then have no plans to bring back her character.
                  Torri herself said that she won't come back unless her character is in a reasonable number of eps, right?

IMO, TPTB have no plans on bringing her back but set up this shoddy ending as some way to keep her plotline going and her fans hopeful anyway. If she was coming back, why wouldn't they announce such a thing, or even that they're working on something? Are they foolish enough to assume that fans will gratefully come back to them the longer they hold out? Because I can assure them that's not the case.

Also: shoo, Larrin. You're wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    So is this the confirmed, very secretive final ep for Weir?
                    Spoiler:
                    10 seconds at the end. Man, what a waste. Set her (or her clone) up in this new direction and then have no plans to bring back her character.
                    Torri herself said that she won't come back unless her character is in a reasonable number of eps, right?

IMO, TPTB have no plans on bringing her back but set up this shoddy ending as some way to keep her plotline going and her fans hopeful anyway. If she was coming back, why wouldn't they announce such a thing, or even that they're working on something? Are they foolish enough to assume that fans will gratefully come back to them the longer they hold out? Because I can assure them that's not the case.

Also: shoo, Larrin. You're wasting my time.
                    Larrin just needs to blow up with that ship. Someone please remove her conical bra... Madonna took those out I think in 1983!

As for not making an announcement... I can only take hope because of how secretive JM was about not revealing her 4th episode. Yeah, it does open up a big door (not one everyone likes), but opens it anyway. So I am not going to lose complete hope just yet.
                    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
                      You have to have more hope now. Since Weir's chances to return just went up big time for Season 5!
                      Oh I don't have hope that she will return, just that she may not be evil. I guess we'll find out when someone asks JM about it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                        Yeah, it does open up a big door (not one everyone likes), but opens it anyway.
                        Oh, I really like the idea of
                        Spoiler:
                        a plotline where Weir (real or clone, I prefer real, natch) is in charge of this rebel group of replicators who want to pursue ascension. All sorts of potentially ethical questions to get into there (what is a soul? how do the rebels go about getting a soul?) and then there's the whole dynamic between this Weir and the Atlantis team. Would they become allies? Would Weir want to be left alone or even get mad if the team tried to pursue a connection with her, because they still see her as real Weir and she doesn't? Lots of juicy stuff there.

My major irk with what's happened so far is that
                        Spoiler:
                        TPTB went to all this trouble to set up this potential plotline...in the last 10 secs of Weir's final ep. And there is zero indication that they're going to bring her back to continue this plotline - if Torri had been approached she probably would have been at least coy in responding when asked about s5. Instead, she flat out said that TPTB haven't talked to her. It doesn't add up.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          Oh, I really like the idea of
                          Spoiler:
                          a plotline where Weir (real or clone, I prefer real, natch) is in charge of this rebel group of replicators who want to pursue ascension. All sorts of potentially ethical questions to get into there (what is a soul? how do the rebels go about getting a soul?) and then there's the whole dynamic between this Weir and the Atlantis team. Would they become allies? Would Weir want to be left alone or even get mad if the team tried to pursue a connection with her, because they still see her as real Weir and she doesn't? Lots of juicy stuff there.

My major irk with what's happened so far is that
                          Spoiler:
                          TPTB went to all this trouble to set up this potential plotline...in the last 10 secs of Weir's final ep. And there is zero indication that they're going to bring her back to continue this plotline - if Torri had been approached she probably would have been at least coy in responding when asked about s5. Instead, she flat out said that TPTB haven't talked to her. It doesn't add up.
                          ITA with every single word you wrote. Her plotline is now wide open, hopefully they'll actually use it, and do it well. As for the not approaching her, it bothers me and at the same time I wonder if it's because at the time that interview was done, SGA was not green lighted for S5 yet? So no reason to ask her, since they were not sure about their own fate?
                          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                            Going through all that trouble to introduce Overgrown sissy-toy and Whining baby was ridiculous to say the least

Originally posted by Briangate78
                            You have to have more hope now. Since Weir's chances to return just went up big time for Season 5!
                            Who are you kidding this time, Brian? Us or yourself?

Oh I don't have hope that she will return, just that she may not be evil. I guess we'll find out when someone asks JM about it.
                            Whoever asks the question will be mocked either right away or shortly thereafter

Comment

What is this crap? I just threw my pen at the TV and scared my poor cat.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                                What is this crap? I just threw my pen at the TV and scared my poor cat.
                                Welcome! Have a seat on the anti-couch and listen to the Stinky sock mix

Comment

Working...
                                X