Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by alyssa View Post
    I'd love to be pro, because I think the majority of the actors deserve support, however I'm not going to support a guy like JM who's all "Well, I wasn't showrunner when they killed Beckett, and he's my mommy's favourite character, so I'll bring him back. But you Weir fans? Screw you! I wanted her gone!"

    The double standard there is unbelievable. Obviously someone who was in charge before saw fit to get rid of Beckett. JM"s decided anything that went before his season in charge doesn't exist, or isn't good enough to stand so he's all "Lalalalala" fingers in his ears "I can't hear you!"

    As for people provoking others, I don't know about you guys, but I don't recall hearing anything about anti people going into the pro thread and telling them they should be anti. I don't recall anyone being condecending enough to tell them that they'll be anti once the second half starts.

    It's one thing to say it in your own thread. And SGFerrit (the animals's a Ferret by the way.. not a Ferrit. That's one thing that's always annoyed the crap out of me) saying something here is hardly saying it behind anyone's back. We all know you lurk. We're just being civil and saying it where it belongs, instead of taking it into your thread. Maybe some of you pros should learn a lesson from that.
    And if we overstep the bounds, the mods descend on us and delete the posts...

    Comment


      Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      If they have Weir for recurring or even Full-time next season, I will treat all of you to dinner in NYC!
      This just proves that you don't believe that will ever happen. lol
      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

      R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

      Comment


        Originally posted by Celcool View Post
        This just proves that you don't believe that will ever happen. lol
        I think she'll be in some eps, but sadly will not be enough to some fans. I personally wish they would have a decent role for her and not give her the Ford treatment. As per the dinner thing, it show just shows how much I'm willing to put on the line for this show. I actually bought a DVD for someone on another forum I mod at. I said that RDA will be back for some eps in S10! Hee hee I was right.
        sigpic

        Comment


          Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          And if we overstep the bounds, the mods descend on us and delete the posts...
          So they are ascended beings.
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
            ...a damp squib...
            For some reason the squid-thing from Missing pops into my mind.

            Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
            I want to be entertained throughout the season not just in the last couple of episodes. Quite simply I don't want to be Anti, I just don't see any reason to be Pro.
            Amen to that!

            Originally posted by Pajus View Post
            THat's what fanfictions and your own creativity are good for... Do you still have the link to the story about Heightmeyer being an evil psycho?
            No... I cleaned out my inbox recently cause it was getting full. Sorry!

            I like my own creativity far better at the moment than TPTB's.

            Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            I can be your beta tester
            I'll keep that in mind.

            Originally posted by Pajus View Post
            And if we overstep the bounds, the mods descend on us and delete the posts...
            Because they are higher ascended beings, or goa'ulds, or Ori... or... something... (check out Gregorius' latest thread on that subject.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

            Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

            Comment


              Originally posted by alyssa View Post
              I'd love to be pro, because I think the majority of the actors deserve support, however I'm not going to support a guy like JM who's all "Well, I wasn't showrunner when they killed Beckett, and he's my mommy's favourite character, so I'll bring him back. But you Weir fans? Screw you! I wanted her gone!"

              The double standard there is unbelievable. Obviously someone who was in charge before saw fit to get rid of Beckett. JM"s decided anything that went before his season in charge doesn't exist, or isn't good enough to stand so he's all "Lalalalala" fingers in his ears "I can't hear you!"

              As for people provoking others, I don't know about you guys, but I don't recall hearing anything about anti people going into the pro thread and telling them they should be anti. I don't recall anyone being condecending enough to tell them that they'll be anti once the second half starts.

              It's one thing to say it in your own thread. And SGFerrit (the animals's a Ferret by the way.. not a Ferrit. That's one thing that's always annoyed the crap out of me) saying something here is hardly saying it behind anyone's back. We all know you lurk. We're just being civil and saying it where it belongs, instead of taking it into your thread. Maybe some of you pros should learn a lesson from that.
              The name 'SGFerrit' is a play on my second name, Ferris. Theres a bit of useless trivia that i'm sure none of you care about, but hopefully it won't get Alyssa's back up anymore?

              You can find the rest of my reply as I didn't want to put the thread anymore off topic. May come as bit of a shock to Celcool, I know.

              Comment


                Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                The name 'SGFerrit' is a play on my second name, Ferris.
                At least now I don't have to wonder where the Ferrit comes from. The SG wasn't that hard to figure out. Cool!

                There's a thread btw on where you've gotten your nickname from. It's pretty interesting actually.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                Comment


                  Yep, never really thought about it until today, people may just think I was an idiot. (Probably don't need to look at my username to think that though)

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    Yep, never really thought about it until today, people may just think I was an idiot. (Probably don't need to look at my username to think that though)
                    We're all idiots from time to time.

                    Actually, I've seen quite a few nicknames that make me go O_o, but yours isn't one of them. It looks cool and very practical. And that's the most important thing.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      We're all idiots from time to time.

                      Actually, I've seen quite a few nicknames that make me go O_o, but yours isn't one of them. It looks cool and very practical. And that's the most important thing.

                      Temper, temper, tis the season to be jolly!!!!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        If they have Weir for recurring or even Full-time next season, I will treat all of you to dinner in NYC!
                        Does that involve the travel to NYC or just the actual dinner?

                        And, well, how am I supposed to be pro when they forded my favourite char? It's not like I told them to kill her/make her disappear (or whatever) so I could become anti... I didn't have much of a choice...

                        Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                          And, well, how am I supposed to be pro when they forded my favourite char? It's not like I told them to kill her/make her disappear (or whatever) so I could become anti... I didn't have much of a choice...
                          Mine was actually killed on screen...I have no idea how to recover from that shock...if ever.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            Temper, temper, tis the season to be jolly!!!!
                            In the words of Brenda Leigh Johnson: "I do not like to be ordered to be festive."
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

                            R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

                            Comment



                              icanhascheezeburger.com

                              Merry Christmas Antis!


                              just seems appropriate for this thread!

                              Comment


                                I'm sitting on a (anti) couch right this minute getting ready to open presents, so I think it's appropriate to say MERRY XMAS ANTIS!!!


                                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Am I the only one in here who likes Teyla and would kill for an episode with her alone, stranded with no Sheppard/McKay to the rescue.
                                You're definitely not alone! I've been wanting meatier stories for Teyla since we got to know her! And I wanted an episode that focused on Weir and Teyla with minimal screentime for the boys too. The latter is definitely never going to happen (), and so far all we've gotten from the former is babysitter and preggo. Eh.

                                So far we've had:

                                -a "huge" wraith/Asuran war that's been almost all tell and no show
                                -a "huge" storyline for Weir where she's killed offscreen
                                -a "huge" turnover from Weir to Carter where Carter has settled into the job with almost no conflict, is doing everything Weir would have done anyway, or is absent altogether with zero mention
                                -a "huge" morally ambiguous decision by Shep that will likely be victim of the Big Reset Button and never mentioned again
                                -and a "huge" storyline for Teyla that's been...less than impressive so far

                                No wonder I'm concerned about this "huge" character return coming up!

                                And what are people pleading? "Wait until the second half! Wait until the second half!" Pfft, please. I shouldn't have to wait for the second half. There should have been far more setup and development in the first half than what I saw so far.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X