Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    Ah, but I'm too lazy to do that. It means I have to log back into GW and my other already logged in websites.
    Not really, you can simply open up the cookie manage and delete the offensive lines.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Does he need counseling? Whoops, I fear SGA lacks the shrink to do it now.

Same here. But then Elizabeth won me over. Sorry flyboy. Although I'd watch his hair for hours.

You nailed it there. S3 had amazing chemistry and I felt they finally connected and seemed more like a family and less like a combat team. Everybody had his/hers spot and it worked wonderfully.

The good writing isn't the only important thing... if I can't connect to characters - at least one of them I don't watch a show, no matter how good the writing is.
      It's always been characters first for me too but isn't it amazing when the writing serves the characters so well that you feel they always stay true to themselves but also keep learning a new little something about them through the plot or realise that an episode featured very little of your most favorite character yet you found the plot so fascinating and can't wait to see how it ends that you don't even mind that he's in only in the last few minutes, granted lying in bed and shirtless in one of such eps (Fritz of The Closer) but still. I have to say that SGA episodes without lots of Elizabeth doesn't have the same effect on me. Edit: it actually did in season 1, yes (I remember now!), but not in s2 (Tower) the second half of s3, much less in s4. haha And yes, they were p-e-r-f-e-c-t before Sunday.
      Last edited by Celcool; 23 December 2007, 11:56 PM.
      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
        ...or realise that an episode featured very little of your most favorite character...
        Oh, that is so true in my case... though it was for that reason that I found SGA to be exciting, for I never knew whether my fave would be back. I now wish they had forgotten about her altogether. *sigh*

"Blink and you'll miss her"-Teyla is lacking severally, and the story is just not enough to keep me entertained. Twice so far I have caught myself drifting away from the episode, nodding off to lalaland. Twice I came this close [] to turning the episode off... and once I practically threw something at the screen.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Oh, that is so true in my case... though it was for that reason that I found SGA to be exciting, for I never knew whether my fave would be back. I now wish they had forgotten about her altogether. *sigh*

"Blink and you'll miss her"-Teyla is lacking severally, and the story is just not enough to keep me entertained. Twice so far I have caught myself drifting away from the episode, nodding off to lalaland. Twice I came this close [] to turning the episode off... and once I practically threw something at the screen.
          Gotta give it to you for having the courage to continue watching despite everything! I can hardly enjoy the old eps I once loved now, I did try watching it all from the pilot on but didn't finish, I somehow feel cheated by this franchise. I do, however, still remember how I loved it once.
          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
            Gotta give it to you for having the courage to continue watching despite everything! I can hardly enjoy the old eps I once loved now, I did try watching it all from the pilot on but didn't finish, I somehow feel cheated by this franchise. I do, however, still remember how I loved it once.
            Well, there has to be someone to give the episode a critical viewing.

And I have to admit that watching older seasons is not exactly a must. Normally I would have watched the new DVD's immediately after purchasing. I have seen Echoes, and the extra's. I started watching Echoes with commentary but that was so extremely annoying and boring that I turned it off.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I must say, I am beyond disappointed in season 4. All the strong women either die (Kate, Elizabeth), become robots (Sam), or get knocked up (Teyla). Not a Carson in sight. John is back to Kirking. Ronan is back to wishing he is somewhere else. And Rodney still complains all the time.

*busts out red pen*

FAIL.
              My Myspace (doesn't that seem redundant?)

Sig courtesy of Whistler84, R.I.P.

Comment

And you're starting to rub off on me cause earlier while I was watching The Siege III and Sheppard salutes Everett, I was thinking "Sheppard, that was one bad salute you gave there".
                Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't your thumb have to be stuck to your hand, instead of sticking out?
                Maybe it is in the USAF. In the Czech Army, you'd be chewed on pretty badly

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                Have you guys seen the S4 poll on GW?
                I didn't vote. I didn't even know there was something like this.

Originally posted by firedust22 View Post
                I must say, I am beyond disappointed in season 4. All the strong women either die (Kate, Elizabeth), become robots (Sam), or get knocked up (Teyla). Not a Carson in sight. John is back to Kirking. Ronan is back to wishing he is somewhere else. And Rodney still complains all the time.

*busts out red pen*

FAIL.
                I agree with everything except for one detail: You can't really blame Teyla for getting pregnant. It always takes two to do that. And if she found a man that made her happy, it's a beautiful thing and I'm happy for her

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                  DS9 and TNG for Data, Q, the real Borg and Picard. Imo, DS9 is the best series of Star Trek especially if you start watching when the big Dominion arc starts.
                  Mum liked DS9 because the characters were a little grubbier than the oh-so-perfect OS and TNG characters

I'm bored with the Sheppard/McKay show. It has come as far that I don't actually like the two characters as much as I did at the beginning.
                  That's one of the reason's I stopped watching, The John and Rodney Show ruined Atlantis for me long before the crappy writing

And you're starting to rub off on me cause earlier while I was watching The Siege III and Sheppard salutes Everett, I was thinking "Sheppard, that was one bad salute you gave there".
                  Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't your thumb have to be stuck to your hand, instead of sticking out?
                  Another reason for my OH to spit nails when he sees Atlantis

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  Maybe it is in the USAF. In the Czech Army, you'd be chewed on pretty badly
                  And any branch of the British military too

I agree with everything except for one detail: You can't really blame Teyla for getting pregnant. It always takes two to do that. And if she found a man that made her happy, it's a beautiful thing and I'm happy for her
                  I bet she doesn't have a proper pregnancy like a normal woman, throwing up every day for 3 months (6 in my case) hospital visits every week, looking like a beached whale, not being able to sleep, I could go on and on but she'll probably have a perfect pregnancy that will last for about 3 weeks before she goes into labour (Which will no doubt be traumatic because the writers won't be able to resist a cliche)

Comment

My dear ANTIS I wish you all MERRY CHRISTMAS and have a great time! I'll see you in few days!!!

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Re Teyla...

Spoiler:
                      Who knows, maybe she dies giving birth!

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        My goodness, replies are getting longer and longer

yeah, scrolling down toilet paper
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                          Re Teyla...

Spoiler:
                          Who knows, maybe she dies giving birth!
                          I'll buy S4 if that happens .

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            My dear ANTIS I wish you all MERRY CHRISTMAS and have a great time! I'll see you in few days!!!

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too! We will all miss you

Comment

Merry Xmas, Antis! Ho, Ho, Ho!

Just to keep the tradition, here are the ratings for TMC:

Yep, 1.1. This show is doomed! :|
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firedust22 View Post
                                You forgot about Keller, isn't she a talking barbie?

Really people, for Christmas try to read the "The Chronicles of Stargate: The Gel Hell Saga" or "The Chronicles of Stargate: The Fellowship of the Rings". They will show what you can really do with Atlantis and SG-1 if you want to.
                                Signed,

Gregorius
                                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Working...
                                X