Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Thank you for the red, you know who you are. Funny getting redded by a fellow Anti poster for being Anti in an Anti thread. What next? Redded for being Pro in a Save thread?

Still Anti Weir season 4/5 and loving it.
    A green is on it's way to even things out

Originally posted by Briangate78
    Is anybody excited about...

Spoiler:
    The possible return of Carson Beckett in Season 5?
    No

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      congrates anti's they can take away our threads but then can never take our spirit!
      True.

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
      It's obvious who it's going to be, because JM actually seems to like that person.

He's made it very clear he was one of the people behind the decision to dump Torri, so if he's excited about someone returning, it's not going to be her.
      It's easier to admit somebody else's mistake than your own.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
        True.

It's easier to admit somebody else's mistake than your own.
        So very true. Especially when one has a significant ego.

Comment

My comments on Beckett:
          Spoiler:
          So he's back, fun, does this mean the whole of the episodes from his return to the end of S5 will involve him and Keller having arguments? Or even better, a relationship between the two only to discover he's a RepliClone or something.

*sighs* This sure shows how pointless the entire "Sunday" episode has been, it's now officially nothing more than a pointless filler episode.

Anyway, it's good for the people who want him back I guess but I'm still waiting for a more interesting character like Ford to make his reappearance but that's just me. I'm also waiting on better writing, but I guess this is all in vain since TPTB, high up in their ivory tower, have very selective ears and allow personal preferences to take hold of their professional judgement.
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
            So very true. Especially when one has a significant ego.
            ...you called?

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
              Is anybody excited about...

Spoiler:
              The possible return of Carson Beckett in Season 5?
              Spoiler:
              As much as I like Carson, I'm not excited about it. Because I don't have faith in TPTB that they will write a good story arc. Sorry Brian, I don't believe they will make his arc interesting, or whatever they plan with him.

For me, so far, every episode of season 4 was made of fail. The plots, the character development (if any). The only thing good is the acting. They're all great actors, but you can do only so much with what you have, and if what you have is more or less crap, you still want to do your best.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                Spoiler:
                As much as I like Carson, I'm not excited about it. Because I don't have faith in TPTB that they will write a good story arc. Sorry Brian, I don't believe they will make his arc interesting, or whatever they plan with him.

For me, so far, every episode of season 4 was made of fail. The plots, the character development (if any). The only thing good is the acting. They're all great actors, but you can do only so much with what you have, and if what you have is more or less crap, you still want to do your best.
                I am going to agree with you on that. I am glad he will be back, but I am very apprehensive if he'll be treated right.
                sig made by me

Comment

Will they bring Carson back consistently? That's the main question, IMO. Heh, I foresee huge plot holes ahead. I hope I'm wrong for the Beckett fans.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, reading the spoilers on the Pro-Weir thread today should perhaps make me excited, but I'm not. I'm just tired of seeing characters I like being treated poorly, and I'm afraid they're going to do that to Carson as well. And it looks like we'll have a mega-dose of Carter in the upcoming eps, and I don't know if I can take it.

Comment

I am gone a day and y'all write tons of pages . Gotta go back a read

*****NOOOOODLES **************

I am looking forward to see a couple episodes . I will open a bottle of champagne when Keller goes back where she came from and Carson will take her place

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        I am looking forward to see a couple episodes . I will open a bottle of champagne when Keller goes back where she came from and Carson will take her place
                        And I'll be ranting and complaining amongst others when that happens. There are some things you don't do as a PTB, especially when you've just been promoted to showrunner, and brining back your favourite characters after they've been killed off, just because you like them, is one of them. You especially don't do such things after you've just killed off another, regular, character, off-screen, because it alienates the fandom and it gives the impression of "playing favourites", to fans and actors, and also gives the impression that the episode the character was kiled it, Sunday in this case, might've just been a shock episode to increase ratings or worse a pointless filler episode.

And even if you did return one of your favourite characters, you have do it with a plausible arc and good writing, both of which have been lacking in the SG Universe for at least the past 2.5 years, or else you end up ravaging the character just for the sake of having it back.

Because of this I'm very sceptical about the return of Beckett. I also hope they keep Keller around and don't reduce her to a wallpaper act or make her pull a Jonas.
                        Signed,

Gregorius
                        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

A quick message from the SEW Crew to all those out there interested in advocating for Torri returning to SGA in Season 5....

Okay, since it is the holidays, I'm issuing a "grab bag" for tasks. You pick whichever one(s) you want to do for this week and next week.

1. If you haven't already done so, please send in your holiday cards (see the SEW website or use one of your own). The basic theme of the message is that you want Elizabeth back full-time in Season 5. You can use whatever holiday theme works for you...."Dreaming of a Season 5 with Elizabeth" or "All I want for Christmas is Elizabeth Alive and Full-Time In Season 5" or "My New Year's Resolution is to keep telling you how much I want Elizabeth back on Atlantis until you give in!" or something like that. Check out the Address Link on the SEW website (http://www.saveelizabethweir.com/content/view/6/7/). I would suggest targeting Bridge Studios, MGM & SciFi.

2. Send an email to MGM & SciFi Network Bigwigs - your theme - "Weir's Alive In Season 5!" Expound on that however you wish.

3. Send a letter to Joe Mallozzi & Paul Mullie at Bridge Studios. Again, your theme - "Weir's Alive In Season 5!".

4. Send an email to Scifi Weekly & MGM Comments Online with feedback on Elizabeth and why you want her back in Season 5!

In the meantime, I'm soliciting other ideas for how else we can show support for Torri in the role of Elizabeth that we can use in January. Please send your ideas to me via PM or to email [email protected].

[B]Thanks for allowing me to share this message with you![/
                          sigpic
                          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                            Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. I think you'll be a full-fledged anti when S4 ends
                            Brian ... ...never!! I'm sure he'll stick to being 70/30 (pro/anti) or 80/20 or 90/10.

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                            And it looks like we'll have a mega-dose of Carter in the upcoming eps, and I don't know if I can take it.
                            No, we won't. Not after I have had my fun with the episodes. Keep an eye out for Falcon Horus Productions.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. I think you'll be a full-fledged anti when S4 ends
                              I just am upset about Weir, she was one of my favorite characters, but I have faith in TPTB that they will leave her character wide-open, and not like Ford. So I don't think that makes me anti. It makes me pro-Weir I believe. The season has been great for me, Weir just added more to it. As per Carson and Michael, I loved that whole story arc with the retro-virus and Michael being this mysterious solo bad guy. I have a lot of hope, that Carson's story arc will be a great one. If Carson returns next season which is likely going to happen, it will probably soften the blow for me from what happened to Weir. I still strongly believe Weir will have eps next season.
                              sigpic

Comment

I love blind optimism

Comment

Working...
                                X