Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Celcool View Post
    I don't really care for the show as much as for Torri and the wonderful character she helped create, Elizabeth. If everybody pro-Elizabeth would leave then it would seem like nobody cares for her anymore.
    I agree! That's another reason why I'm still here too.
    sigpic

    Comment


      i am here cause i loved the first 3 seasons... and well cause of you guys
      Spoiler:

      "It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

      Comment


        Heh, so much activity in the other threads, I see. I think truth hurts, but I still think we're not doing anything wrong (are we?) cause, personally, I stopped posting in all season 4 threads except this one, the Anti-Carter thread, and the "provocation" threads. If they like to debate with us instead of discussing future SGA eps, are we to blame?
        sigpic

        Comment


          You know what good came out of this horrific Atlantis happenings for me? I've learned to appreciate the people behind the scenes, especially show runners, script writers or those who are both at the same time who excel at their craft, this being the reason their show is successful, who are respectful of the cast of their show, listen to them, don't resort to cheap tricks to boost their ratings and to promote the show, don't have a condescending attitude towards fans, don't belittle them and insult them. I used to think that was a given but not anymore (well actually I think the situation with Atlantis is unique in this respect) so I appreciate it a whole lot more, while I used to appreciate only the actors. More so than before, now I recognize people behind the scenes who are worthy of respect at the job they do, people whose shows I'm delighted to watch, not only because the show is good but also because I know I want to watch the show, that person is in charge of.
          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

          R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

          Comment


            Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            Heh, so much activity in the other threads, I see. I think truth hurts, but I still think we're not doing anything wrong (are we?) cause, personally, I stopped posting in all season 4 threads except this one, the Anti-Carter thread, and the "provocation" threads. If they like to debate with us instead of discussing future SGA eps, are we to blame?
            Hell no, you're not doing anything wrong. Certain other people started with the insulting and are happy to try to provoke certain other fans, the important thing is to not let them, their motives are wrong. I mean is it so wrong to respect Atlantis as it is and not want it to be connected or taken over by SG-1 stuff? I don't think so.
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

            R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

            Comment


              Originally posted by Celcool View Post
              You know what good came out of this horrific Atlantis happenings for me? I've learned to appreciate the people behind the scenes, especially show runners, script writers or those who are both at the same time who excel at their craft, this being the reason their show is successful, who are respectful of the cast of their show, listen to them, don't resort to cheap tricks to boost their ratings and to promote the show, don't have a condescending attitude towards fans, don't belittle them and insult them. I used to think that was a given but not anymore (well actually I think the situation with Atlantis is unique in this respect) so I appreciate it a whole lot more, while I used to appreciate only the actors. More so than before, now I recognize people behind the scenes who are worthy of respect at the job they do, people whose shows I'm delighted to watch, not only because the show is good but also because I know I want to watch the show, that person is in charge of.
              Agreed. In fact, I've never cared about what happened behind the scenes of Stargate prior to this episode. Seriously, I didn't even know who the heck Cooper, JM etc. were. I just watched the eps and read their names on the screen. But what's going on right now is outrageous and offensive, in my view, to the talented cast of SGA, so, as parisindy said very well elsewhere, as a very casual poster on GW, I couldn't shut up and condone what's going on just for the sake of watching more crappy episodes. After all, injustice is injustice wherever it occurs. But, as you said, it's exactly this kind of stuff that makes you value the human element behind the scenes when everything is running smoothly. I've certainly opened my eyes.

              Originally posted by Celcool View Post
              Hell no, you're not doing anything wrong. Certain other people started with the insulting and are happy to try to provoke certain other fans, the important thing is to not let them, their motives are wrong. I mean is it so wrong to respect Atlantis as it is and not want it to be connected or taken over by SG-1 stuff? I don't think so.
              That's my opinion. They start the topics, then can't handle them and start badmouthing Weir and the other characters and defending the writers. To my surprise, even the major suck up for all things Stargate-related on GW started badmouthing SGA characters and their chemistry to "protect" his beloved PTB.

              Go figure!
              Last edited by mcbarr; 08 June 2007, 09:48 AM.
              sigpic

              Comment


                A thread caught my eye in the season three section -- apparently, TPTB are asking fans to watch the last three episodes of season three live so that ratings will improve . . . and hopefully secure a season 5 for SGA. I'm not sure where this is coming from, though I think it is JM's blog (which I avoid at all costs).

                He says that sending in letters and signing petitions is a great way to show your passion for SGA, but you have to watch to secure its future. These guys have got to be kidding me. Maybe, if they hadn't decided to screw with the show to begin with, more fans would be watching . . . I know I would.

                IMHO, they made a serious mistake killing off Beckett to begin with. But to do something that controversial at this point in the season is suicidal. How many casual viewers do you think just turned away in disgust when Beckett became a human torch? And, if they do tune in this week, how p*ssed will they be because Beckett's death is not dealt with, not even mentioned, in Submersion (from what I recall). It's like he never existed.

                It sounds like a house of cards built on nothing but ill-advised stupidity. This is just the beginning in a series of moves which could ring the death knell for SGA . . . and TPTB have no one to blame but themselves.

                Then again, maybe the Stargate franchise is just running out of steam and season four of SGA would have been the end anyway. You never know.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  It's from this video which was posted in the MGM website. Ruined_puzzle shared the link in the Anti-Carter thread:

                  http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=62

                  Sounds like desperation.
                  Last edited by mcbarr; 08 June 2007, 07:22 PM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                    A thread caught my eye in the season three section -- apparently, TPTB are asking fans to watch the last three episodes of season three live so that ratings will improve . . . and hopefully secure a season 5 for SGA. I'm not sure where this is coming from, though I think it is JM's blog (which I avoid at all costs).

                    He says that sending in letters and signing petitions is a great way to show your passion for SGA, but you have to watch to secure its future. These guys have got to be kidding me. Maybe, if they hadn't decided to screw with the show to begin with, more fans would be watching . . . I know I would.
                    I don't think I could say it any better then you did.

                    Bring back Weir full time, I'll watch your show. Heck, I'll help you promote it.

                    Who was it that said they are telling/writing the stories they want to see (was it JM? I really can't remember). Well guess what? The ratings say otherwise! Fans aren't happy and the ratings should be their first clue.

                    In order for Atlantis to be saved, you need to have the fans united. And right now, there's deep, deep divisions. They had a good thing and they messed with it and they shouldn't be surprised with the results.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                      It's from this video which was posted in the MGM website. Ruined_puzzle shared the link in the Anti-Carter thread:

                      http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=62

                      Sounds like desperation.

                      I started to watch and you know what . . . I don't care. These guys created this show and have every right to do what they want to it. But they don't write the show for me anymore; making Carson a glorified red shirt and shafting Elizabeth are proof of that. So whatever they have to say is nothing to me but noise.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                        I don't think I could say it any better then you did.

                        Bring back Weir full time, I'll watch your show. Heck, I'll help you promote it.

                        Who was it that said they are telling/writing the stories they want to see (was it JM? I really can't remember). Well guess what? The ratings say otherwise! Fans aren't happy and the ratings should be their first clue.

                        In order for Atlantis to be saved, you need to have the fans united. And right now, there's deep, deep divisions. They had a good thing and they messed with it and they shouldn't be surprised with the results.

                        Well, isn't it nice that they get to indulge their little fantasies. The problem is that TPTB don't exist in a bubble where they can just entertain each other and blow off the outside world. Well actually they could do this . . . but not if they're producing a program they expect others to want to watch. LOL.

                        They need to write for all fans, and not just the ones who would tune in for Stargate:Root Canal. The fandom is very divided. The nastiness is a wonder to behold. LOL.

                        I'm just curious about something. I'm a relatively new poster and new to the fandom wars. Did fans think that SGA was so terrible, so in need of fixing, so wrong before TPTB talked up the cast changes and the reset? How ever did they sit through SGA for 2-1/2 years if it was so horribly bad. Or were the fans manipulated into thinking SGA needed a reset so TPTB could sell the gutting more easily? I think I've seen too many episodes of the X-Files . . . conspiracy theories everywhere. LOL.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          I'm kind of new here too, so I wouldn't know. Personally, I liked both series, but if SG-1 was canceled after ten years, please carry on with the younger show, and make the best of it instead of also killing it and creating this frakking monster. Anyway, I plan to phase out in the next few weeks and move on to greener pastures because the SGA I knew and liked is dead. In all honesty, I don't even care about the Beckett and Weir episodes anymore because they will probably screw with them even more. Everything must have a beginning and an end, except SG-1, it seems, but not for long.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Oh man i swear! there is not enough green in the world! dammit i want to green you all!

                            hehe you may be redding me after the sheer length of this next post LMAO!

                            Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                            But what's going on right now is outrageous and offensive, in my view, to the talented cast of SGA, so, as parisindy said very well elsewhere, as a very casual poster on GW, I couldn't shut up and condone what's going on just for the sake of watching more crappy episodes. After all, injustice is injustice wherever it occurs. But, as you said, it's exactly this kind of stuff that makes you value the human element behind the scenes when everything is running smoothly. I've certainly opened my eyes.
                            awww thanks mcbarr (((hugs)))

                            i got to say i have always respected the behind the scenes stuff, i used to do that for a living.. i worked in the Art department on a bunch of different stuff. The Canadian film industry paid my rent for about 5 years. But i left because i wasn't getting ahead (because i don't live in Vancouver or Toronto) and i wanted more consistent work, and to work on my own projects. But it was cool and sometimes i miss it. That being said while working on a film, show commercial or whatever, you can't help be aware of ...erm things. When i was working on this one film (not sure if should be specific or not) there was an actor that was quite well known. Anyways he drew a crowd wherever we went. I know thats different then a fan board and the net and stuff, but because of the crowd we all became uber attentive to how we conducted our selves. There is a certain professionalism.

                            And i got to say i am less them impressed with some of the tptb for stargates professionalism. You have to be careful ... tred carefully, because you never know how people will take something you say... things can be misinterpreted.

                            But when one of the show runners starts insulting fans by name you got to wonder.

                            never mind... one of the big things that turned me in to an anti... i knew Paul was leaving, but that he mentioned in an interview (i can't remember which one for reference...sorry) the fact that he had no clue it was coming and that they told him over the phone... that just seems so darn cold.

                            Paul loved the show then they dismissed him over the phone! then poor torri, given an ultimatum...gads.

                            the lack of respect they show for their actors extends out to their fans.

                            i don't know it just does my head in... i guess i am just over sensitive but i just feel soooo bad for everyone. Anyways...sorry for the rant.

                            Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                            Ydon't resort to cheap tricks to boost their ratings and to promote the show, don't have a condescending attitude towards fans, don't belittle them and insult them. I used to think that was a given but not anymore (well actually I think the situation with Atlantis is unique in this respect) so I appreciate it a whole lot more, while I used to appreciate only the actors. More so than before, now I recognize people behind the scenes who are worthy of respect at the job they do, people whose shows I'm delighted to watch, not only because the show is good but also because I know I want to watch the show, that person is in charge of.
                            well said..green you if i could!

                            Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                            Hell no, you're not doing anything wrong. Certain other people started with the insulting and are happy to try to provoke certain other fans, the important thing is to not let them, their motives are wrong. I mean is it so wrong to respect Atlantis as it is and not want it to be connected or taken over by SG-1 stuff? I don't think so.
                            *cheers* well said!

                            Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                            A thread caught my eye in the season three section -- apparently, TPTB are asking fans to watch the last three episodes of season three live so that ratings will improve . . . and hopefully secure a season 5 for SGA. I'm not sure where this is coming from, though I think it is JM's blog (which I avoid at all costs).
                            avoid it like the plague i say! that blog...erg well don't get me started again. Okay though one point i got to add.....sure the show went down hill, but for me season 3 was a solid season at the beginning...Sunday, and first strike,
                            i think the changes certainly have hurt it... for sure! but i don't think its the only reason... i think the hiatus hurt it... because most downloaded the episodes had have already scene them... so i think its a combination. But really it was a very very very bad decision to do that. The dramatic changes are just one sign of oh badly things are going for Atlantis. It makes me wonder how invested tptb ever were in this show... but not just them... how invested was the sci fi channel? there are so many questionable things going on.

                            well there is no way my viewing can change the outcome anyways since i'm not american

                            Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                            I started to watch and you know what . . . I don't care. These guys created this show and have every right to do what they want to it. But they don't write the show for me anymore; making Carson a glorified red shirt and shafting Elizabeth are proof of that. So whatever they have to say is nothing to me but noise.
                            well i got to say i am really disappointed in TPTB like i mentioned before. They do have the right to do what they want, but really their motives are lost to me and from a business perspective it also doesn't make sense...
                            maybe there was a reason i worked in the art dept and not as a producer but still.... they are taking a lot of unnecessary risks imho.

                            Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                            Well, isn't it nice that they get to indulge their little fantasies. The problem is that TPTB don't exist in a bubble where they can just entertain each other and blow off the outside world. Well actually they could do this . . . but not if they're producing a program they expect others to want to watch. LOL.

                            They need to write for all fans, and not just the ones who would tune in for Stargate:Root Canal. The fandom is very divided. The nastiness is a wonder to behold.
                            sad but true

                            I'm just curious about something. I'm a relatively new poster and new to the fandom wars. Did fans think that SGA was so terrible, so in need of fixing, so wrong before TPTB talked up the cast changes and the reset? How ever did they sit through SGA for 2-1/2 years if it was so horribly bad. Or were the fans manipulated into thinking SGA needed a reset so TPTB could sell the gutting more easily? I think I've seen too many episodes of the X-Files . . . conspiracy theories everywhere. LOL.
                            i honestly don't know, i can't say, i didn't notice any anger anyways. that doesn't mean it wasn't there, but i had no beefs at the time so i just didn't pay attention.
                            Spoiler:

                            "It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                            Card designed by Falcon Horus

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                              A thread caught my eye in the season three section -- apparently, TPTB are asking fans to watch the last three episodes of season three live so that ratings will improve . . . and hopefully secure a season 5 for SGA. I'm not sure where this is coming from, though I think it is JM's blog (which I avoid at all costs).
                              That seemed so desperate to me too. To stoop so low as to ask the fans who he's insulted several times to help promote the show? Huh?

                              These guys have got to be kidding me. Maybe, if they hadn't decided to screw with the show to begin with, more fans would be watching . . . I know I would.
                              Exactly.

                              Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                              Bring back Weir full time, I'll watch your show. Heck, I'll help you promote it.

                              Who was it that said they are telling/writing the stories they want to see (was it JM? I really can't remember). Well guess what? The ratings say otherwise! Fans aren't happy and the ratings should be their first clue.

                              In order for Atlantis to be saved, you need to have the fans united. And right now, there's deep, deep divisions. They had a good thing and they messed with it and they shouldn't be surprised with the results.
                              It's a deep mess they created for themselves, not so easy to clean it up all of a sudden (doesn't seem they even want to, they prefer begging fans to watch) when the water is running down their throats.

                              Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                              I started to watch and you know what . . . I don't care. These guys created this show and have every right to do what they want to it. But they don't write the show for me anymore; making Carson a glorified red shirt and shafting Elizabeth are proof of that. So whatever they have to say is nothing to me but noise.
                              Bravo!

                              Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                              Well, isn't it nice that they get to indulge their little fantasies. The problem is that TPTB don't exist in a bubble where they can just entertain each other and blow off the outside world. Well actually they could do this . . . but not if they're producing a program they expect others to want to watch. LOL.
                              I want to post something, a theory of a kind but I don't think it's appropriate for this forum so I'll keep it to myself. lol

                              I'm just curious about something. I'm a relatively new poster and new to the fandom wars. Did fans think that SGA was so terrible, so in need of fixing, so wrong before TPTB talked up the cast changes and the reset? How ever did they sit through SGA for 2-1/2 years if it was so horribly bad. Or were the fans manipulated into thinking SGA needed a reset so TPTB could sell the gutting more easily? I think I've seen too many episodes of the X-Files . . . conspiracy theories everywhere. LOL.
                              I'm kinda new too, I think similar happened when RDA left but he chose to leave himself.

                              Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                              hehe you may be redding me after the sheer length of this next post LMAO!
                              You could never get red from me.

                              I know thats different then a fan board and the net and stuff, but because of the crowd we all became uber attentive to how we conducted our selves. There is a certain professionalism.
                              A concept unknown in the Stargate world.

                              And i got to say i am less them impressed with some of the tptb for stargates professionalism. You have to be careful ... tred carefully, because you never know how people will take something you say... things can be misinterpreted.

                              But when one of the show runners starts insulting fans by name you got to wonder.

                              the lack of respect they show for their actors extends out to their fans.
                              And tell me how can you then respect those people and believe them anything they say? I can't.
                              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

                              R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

                              Comment


                                Had to jump back in here having watched that video, if I wasn't an anti before I certainly am now. And I feel the need the rant a little..........

                                Firstly I have to disagree with PM saying that the show hasn't gelled at the end of S3, personally I felt the show was coming together nicely, not perfect by any means, but IMO S3 was so much better than S10 of Sg1 but I guess that's a little OT.

                                My point is I liked most of S3, with the exception of a couple of eps and felt that the team was starting to come together. However that was before they offed Carson and all these other changes came about.

                                Two other things annoyed me, as mentioned the gushing praise about Sam (and I am not anti Sam at all, just anti her on SGA) and how apparently it's so great that she can do anything and slot into anyone elses scenes.

                                Secondly, Keller, I wasn't convinced when we saw her at the end of S3 and I'm not now. And JM saying that the fans won't forget Beckett but will apparently really like Keller, hmmm we'll see. Personally I really can't see her adding anything to the show, especially nothing that can justify getting rid of Carson.

                                And as has been said the most telling point was Weir who? We're meant to forget she exists then? I give up.......

                                Lastly JM encouraging people to watch, yeah whatever, didn't they say the same thing before SG1 got cancelled? That didn't work and I don't think it will for SGA.

                                Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X