Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    It means the rating fall continues and I don't think it will just stop
    why should we care? It was obvious that it won't stop falling.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
      Maybe that's the key phrase these days..."if casual viewers actually cared".
      This boat has sailed. And now that they killed another main character, the potential is there to lose more hardcore fans.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        It will likely be a 1.2! After the DVR performance should bring that total between 1.9 to 2.0 million viewers giving it a 1.4! That will then be 3 eps this season to date that got a 1.4!
        Those three will be Adrift, Lifeline and TMC, is that right? Or at least Adrift and TMC will be two of them. Yeah, that's right, Mallozzi, nobody cared about Weir. Unbelievable.

A whole bunch of people will probably be out of jobs after season five because TPTB are so stubborn they can't see their own mistakes when it comes to killing off characters.

The reaction to Beckett's death should have told them that killing off Weir was going to be a disaster. They weren't smart enough to take that message.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
          Those three will be Adrift, Lifeline and TMC, is that right? Or at least Adrift and TMC will be two of them. Yeah, that's right, Mallozzi, nobody cared about Weir. Unbelievable.

A whole bunch of people will probably be out of jobs after season five because TPTB are so stubborn they can't see their own mistakes when it comes to killing off characters.

The reaction to Beckett's death should have told them that killing off Weir was going to be a disaster. They weren't smart enough to take that message.
          Like I said to Mcbarr above, they did not promote TMC as a season finale. So I would give some credit to Weir since she was the main focus in the ads.

Hmm I hope the Kindred does really well, ya know?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Like I said to Mcbarr above, they did not promote TMC as a season finale. So I would give some credit to Weir since she was the main focus in the ads.

Hmm I hope the Kindred does really well, ya know?
            I'm hoping anything with Beckett and Weir does well. TPTB don't seem to give a flying you know what about what the fans think online. Maybe they or the network (probably the network) will sit up and take notice of ratings.

Comment

The 1.4s were:

Adrift (1.41)
              Missing (1.36)

Lifeline 'only' got a 1.27 (Though I personally think that is good)

TMC will probably have a 1.4 (or possibly more) and The Seer was very close with a 1.34.

All number are rounded, of course. And keep in mind you can probably add a .1 to each of them. NML had less viewers than Adrift, yet it got a 1.5 after DVR.

I do personally think Weir would have been a factor in the TMC ratings, no matter how big or small I think she made a contribution. I was hoping for more though.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                This boat has sailed. And now that they killed another main character, the potential is there to lose more hardcore fans.
                I'm thinking that a lot of casual fans didn't even know that they would really kill her. Think about all the times you've watched a show that made it look like a main character was dead. How many times have you been confident that they would eventually return? I'm thinking after this we'll find how how popular she was when the ratings slide continues for real.

Yep, and the stubborn pride of TPTB has ruined a really good show because the only fans they listen to are the ones who agree with them. If you read JM's blog, you'd also think nobody cares about Weir and that her fans are hateful. But I guess we'll find out in the second half what the viewers really think.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm hoping anything with Beckett and Weir does well. TPTB don't seem to give a flying you know what about what the fans think online. Maybe they or the network (probably the network) will sit up and take notice of ratings.
                  I expect the Kindred to do very well, especially with how much the SCB campaign was publicised.

However, I disagree about the comment of TPTB don't care about what the fans think online. They obviously cared enough about what they think to bring Beckett back at the end of the season, after the SCB group got so much coverage. And Joe has had nothing but good things to say about them from what I recall. It's a shame the SEB campaign hasn't been as widely spread, though I respect what Suz and others have done very much, it must have been alot of work.

Edit: I also think SciFi will put alot of advertising into the return of Beckett, and that should help. It may have helped TMC, but we have no way of knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    I expect the Kindred to do very well, especially with how much the SCB campaign was publicised.

However, I disagree about the comment of TPTB don't care about what the fans think online. They obviously cared enough about what they think to bring Beckett back at the end of the season, after the SCB group got so much coverage. And Joe has had nothing but good things to say about them from what I recall. It's a shame the SEB campaign hasn't been as widely spread, though I respect what Suz and others have done very much, it must have been alot of work.
                    Right after (or maybe before) Sunday aired, TPTB said that Carson *will* be back at some point in season 4 (before JM said that they'd bring him back if the SCB got it to wider public), so I don't think the SCB campaign has anything to do with it other than gaining publicity for the show.

I'm way past caring if Carson returns full time or not. If he does, then I'm glad for his fans.

Comment

I hate to say this, but I think that the return of Beckett has more to do with the fact that Joe Mallozzi and co weren't actively involved in getting rid of him. That was the previous showrunners.

Mallozzi and Mullie WERE involved in getting rid of Weir. He's said it's a decision he's proud of and happy with.

They want Beckett back because they weren't the ones who killed him off. They WERE the ones who sacked Torri.

There's a big difference.

Comment

I gave up expecting anything even approaching smart from these ptb long ago. The ratings are in the toilet, fans are leaving the show in disgust, but this bunch of ptb can't work out what needs to happen to bring the show back on track. I mean, come on, its not rocket science, bring back Weir and Beckett and get rid of Carter. A three year old could work it out.
                        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Edit: I also think SciFi will put alot of advertising into the return of Beckett, and that should help. It may have helped TMC, but we have no way of knowing.
                          The SEW campaign has done an amazing job. The SCB group did not have people actively undermining everything they did in every way they can so naturally they get more respect. And take that as my completely biased opinion of course.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

MS does have a valid point though. Casual viewers come in and out. Since Flash Gordon has been getting like a 0.5, it's not exactly a great lead in for SGA, lol. SGA lost some SG-1 casual viewers from last year. SCI FI plugged TMC as the return of Weir, they had two promos running, neither indicated it was a mid-season finale. In all fairness it really isn't. So I'd like to give credit to Weir, I really do, but unless someone goes into every nielsen household and asks everyone, we'll never know. Missing actually before had the best numbers since the premiere, but now TMC has them. You believe Missing had about 1.9 million viewers according to MS's source? TMC could likely tie the premiere once the final numbers are in. I betcha SCI FI will have a press release later this month once all the "Final" numbers are in. Since 2.0 mil looks better than 1.6 mil. Maybe it's fluff or not, but it proves the viewers are still there. It also looks like the season to date average may be closer to 1.8 mil depending how "Miller's Crossing" did and the final numbers for "TMC" did.

I just wish I knew the season viewer average from last year. I betcha it is somewhere between 1.8 to 1.9 mil. That would be an interesting comparison.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                              Right after (or maybe before) TPTB said that Carson *will* be back at some point in season 4 (before JM said that they'd bring him back if the SCB got it to wider public), so I don't think the SCB campaign has anything to do with it other than gaining publicity for the show.
                              The Beckett campaign was great, but if it got so much positive publicity for the show, why aren't the ratings higher? JM played them by making them think that they didn't already have plans to bring Beckett back, got them to get publicity, and even THEN it didn't improve the situation.

Comment

The Beckett campaign was great, but if it got so much positive publicity for the show, why aren't the ratings higher? JM played them by making them think that they didn't already have plans to bring Beckett back, got them to get publicity, and even THEN it didn't improve the situation.
                                I didn't say they did gain too much publicity, just that to me it was JM's intention that backfired. (also, edited my post because I forgot some words )

Comment

Working...
                                X