Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    Don't be sad girls... Don't be sad... And don't worry. Things will be worse in no time (right after 'The Mortal Coil' airs)
    LOL. A new low to shoot for.

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
    R.I.P. the good old Atlantis we all loved. Watched Echoes yesterday, one of the best episodes of S3, everybody had something to do including the lovely Elizabeth and the good doctor, Carson, and let's not forget Kate, right FH. Those were the episodes, my friends...
    ITA. This is one of my faves from season 3 as well. It had everything . . . the entire team, the city, the whales (LOL). Those were the days (sigh).
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
      ITA. This is one of my faves from season 3 as well. It had everything . . . the entire team, the city, the whales (LOL). Those were the days (sigh).
      Yeah, even the whales are gone.
      sigpic

Comment

From interview with Martin Gero...

Spoiler:
        "We just want to keep telling stories that people are going to like."
        That makes me feel so much better. /snark

Comment

Do the ratings indicate that people like the stories of s5? I don't think so. Besides, since when do they care what fans want? They're eliminating characters and intentionally destroying every ship of the first 3 seasons of SGA. I'd say that that's not giving people what they like/want.
          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
            Spoiler:

Comforting indeed.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
              From interview with Martin Gero...

Spoiler:

Oh boy, so this means things will only get worse then.

Do the ratings indicate that people like the stories of s5? I don't think so.
              The BEST RATINGS the show has ever had. /sarcasm

Besides, since when do they care what fans want?
              Unless you only care about Carter, and/or Sheppard/Mckay you don't exist for them.

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
              Great episode, my fav from season three (first half, most of the second half is useless) is Common Ground, mostly because Sheppard was absolutely yummy in it, and the story was interesting too.

Comment

The way things are going, they'll be lucky if they keep their precious season 5. Have you seen this report from that Slice of Sci Fi website?

NBC Gives Journeyman Two-Week Notice
                Posted by Summer Brooks on Thursday, 22 Nov 2007

Submitted by Kevin Bachelder (SerenityFirefly.com)

This may be just rumor, because I can’t believe NBC is about to cancel their best new show this season, and one of the most intriguing shows on the air.

From Zap2It Blogs:

We’re hearing that the next two weeks are crucial for NBC’s Journeyman. While nothing official has been decided, the rumor is that if the Nielsen numbers don’t rise for the Nov. 19 and 26 episodes, the network will yank the show, without airing all the episodes produced.

The network is only interested in the live Nielsens, not DVR viewers or downloads, says a show staffer. This is a problem for the show, because the majority of emails the show gets is from fans who watch online. Since ads touting the ability to watch Journeyman for free online are common, that’s hardly surprising.
                Needless to say, NBC is Skiffy's parent company.
                sigpic

Comment

The network is only interested in the live Nielsens, not DVR viewers or downloads, says a show staffer.
                  Well, what d'ya know?

With NBC being Skiffy's mommy, how much are they involved in SGA? And do they have the power to pull the plug on that? Cause, quite honestly, I have no idea how TV-networks work in the States.

Comment

I don't like Journeyman much.. I mean all he does is go back, solve some murder, come back, fight with his wife, make his kid cry... how fun.. No this is a good idea for a movie, but not a show!

Um sorry for off topic!
                    I'm glad they don't count DRVs. Everyone who cares to watch it watched it live.. and everyone who doesn't record it for a "boring day"

Comment

The network is only interested in the live Nielsens, not DVR viewers or downloads, says a show staffer. This is a problem for the show
                      I have been trying to get this point across on the ratings threads to no avail. People seem to thing\k that the network can't change its mind and just because they've issued some PR fluff about loving the show that things can't change. Go back and read the stuff SciFi wrote when they renewed Farscape for two seasons and then read what they wrote when they canceled it when only one of those seasons ran.

What they say in their PR and what they say in their private conference rooms are two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                        The way things are going, they'll be lucky if they keep their precious season 5. Have you seen this report from that Slice of Sci Fi website?

Needless to say, NBC is Skiffy's parent company.
                        Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                        I have been trying to get this point across on the ratings threads to no avail. People seem to thing\k that the network can't change its mind and just because they've issued some PR fluff about loving the show that things can't change. Go back and read the stuff SciFi wrote when they renewed Farscape for two seasons and then read what they wrote when they canceled it when only one of those seasons ran.

What they say in their PR and what they say in their private conference rooms are two different things.
                        hmmm i think that quote might be my new sig
                        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                          hmmm i think that quote might be my new sig
                          Another thing I'll add is that in my experience the Producers and showrunners usually know there is trouble long before they admit it to the fans. The Journeyman staffer who is admitting trouble is to be applauded.

People seem to think that cancellations come without warning, but the reality is that they are often preceeded by a period of negotiation that the production company is very aware of, but the fan doesn't find out about until after the fact, if at all.

Comment

Martin Gero said they care about fans, but he didn't say which-ones. Obviously he cares about the fans, who want Firefly renewed

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post

The problem is, some folks don't want to admit SGA lost viewers due to the cast changes, bad writing, etc., so they keep bringing up the DVR argument to deny it, but, in reality, all they are accomplishing is making more SGA viewers think it's fine to 'DVR' Atlantis and watch it later, which will end up hurting the show even more. And this is an evil Anti talking... Go figure.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                                Martin Gero said they care about fans, but he didn't say which-ones. Obviously he cares about the fans, who want Firefly renewed
                                LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X