Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Over here, you're always welcome. You're not the only one who's no longer watching, only watching a few episodes, watching the episodes without Keller/Carter.
    Good luck trying to find one. Looks to me like the writers decided to add the 'Keller whining show' to the already existing 'Rodney and John ranting/whining parade'

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    shep in prison *has unclean thoughts*...ehm what were we talking about.. oh yeah hehe i think its cool that you guys don't like him... i adore him he's my fav by far... but i can see where others wouldn't each to their own. ((hugs))
    If that's the case, I can give you links to the websites about Carth Onasi and Atton Rand. I know you're gonna worship them instead of Sheppard. (Each one of them already has more fangirls than O'Neill and Sheppard combined)

Comment

Did somebody say reset button?

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        If that's the case, I can give you links to the websites about Carth Onasi and Atton Rand. I know you're gonna worship them instead of Sheppard. (Each one of them already has more fangirls than O'Neill and Sheppard combined)
        would you shoot me if i said i'm not really in to star wars?
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

The way i see it.

Weir = Not the greatest actor. Her facial expressions and speeches were b grade at best..good move to change her. I grew to like her...but still held my reservations. It seems those in charge felt the same way.

No Beckett = Maybe the best 'character' since Teal'c, disgrace they killed him.

Dr Keller = What the hell were they thinking? What does she bring to the show? She's hardly interesting in any way what so ever.

Carter = What has she done so far? Nothing. Ok its early in the season, but she's never going to be a an Atlantis character. Anything she can do McKay can do and Teyla kicks more then enough arse for the female viewers. Will she live in limbo for the rest of Stargate career - sort of in the show and sort of not?? Seems like a strange move at the moment.
          Last edited by Luckystrike; 13 November 2007, 12:42 AM.

Comment

sam= barf
            keller= barf
            weir=love
            beckett=love

sorry....
            hehe you might get a more thought provoking
            answer tomorrow but as its 3am and my brain is fried
            so i'm going to bed now lol!
            nights
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post

Yeah!

would you shoot me if i said i'm not really in to star wars?
              Shooting someone? How barbaric! Look at the picture under the spoiler tag in my sig! That should give you an idea about how I solve such situations. And I will not hurt you in any way. I just thought you might start to like Sheppard less when you have other objects of worship

Originally posted by Luckystrike View Post
              The way i see it.

Weir = Not the greatest actor. Her facial expressions and speeches were b grade at best..good move to change her. I grew to like her...but still held my reservations. It seems those in charge felt the same way.

No Beckett = Maybe the best 'character' since Teal'c, disgrace they killed him.

Dr Keller = What the hell were they thinking? What does she bring to the show? She's hardly interesting in any way what so ever.

Carter = What has she done so far? Nothing. Ok its early in the season, but she's never going to be a an Atlantis character. Anything she can do McKay can do and Teyla kicks more then enough arse for the female viewers. Will she live in limbo for the rest of Stargate career - sort of in the show and sort of not?? Seems like a strange move at the moment.
              I think Torri Higginson is a quite good actress and you're wrong when you say they kicked her. She left the show on her own, because the writers decided to develop the previously mentioned 'Rodney and John ranting/whining parade' instead of developing Weir's character and background story (according to the latest interview with Torri Higginson on GW.net). BTW They still haven't learned to write character development.

Otherwise I agree with you. Killing Beckett and replacing him with someone as weak as Keller is an affront to all fans and it's half the reason for the freefall the ratings have taken.
              Last edited by Pajus; 13 November 2007, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                *evil laughter* Let's play with the smiley generator!!

Good luck trying to find one. Looks to me like the writers decided to add the 'Keller whining show' to the already existing 'Rodney and John ranting/whining parade'
                I know exactly where to find these Carter/Keller-free episodes.
                They're stored on my harddrive.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*snip*
                  I think Torri Higginson is a quite good actress and you're wrong when you say they kicked her. She left the show on her own, because the writers decided to develop the previously mentioned 'Rodney and John ranting/whining parade' instead of developing Weir's character and background story (according to the latest interview with Torri Higginson on GW.net). BTW They still haven't learned to write character development.

Otherwise I agree with you. Killing Beckett and replacing him with someone as weak as Keller is an affront to all fans and it's half the reason for the freefall the ratings have taken.

Sorry, but it was in the Stargate magazine where she told them she was given an option of doing some recurring work or walk away. So naturally, she chose recurring work.

And I disagree with Luckystrike, she's a great actress (unlike some, but this is not a) the thread for it and b) we shouldn't discuss actors). YOu can only do so much with what's written for you and she made most of it. Sadly, instead of developing her character and giving Elizabeth scenes where she negotiates etc., they decide to ditch her and replace with Mary Sue. So...yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                    Sorry, but it was in the Stargate magazine where she told them she was given an option of doing some recurring work or walk away. So naturally, she chose recurring work.

And I disagree with Luckystrike, she's a great actress (unlike some, but this is not a) the thread for it and b) we shouldn't discuss actors). YOu can only do so much with what's written for you and she made most of it. Sadly, instead of developing her character and giving Elizabeth scenes where she negotiates etc., they decide to ditch her and replace with Mary Sue. So...yeah.
                    I haven't seen that interview yet. PM the link, please.

PS: You forgot to say "Mary Sue suffering from light Sheppard syndrome"

Comment

I for one loved McKay/Sheppard, but Keller is definitely not McKay, I had to scroll past her parts during First Strike, it was hatred at first sight. I could go on and on about all the things I don't like about her.

For a moment there I thought it said Athrun and I was like wut?!, all my love for Shep I credit to the actor, because the writing sucks, they just lucked out because they have an awesome cast (doesn't hurt that they're so hot) that does the best they can with the trash they get. Although for a while there it seemed they were making an effort, but sometime during season three they just seemed to give up and somehow thought 'shaking things up' would make up for their laziness and lousy storylines.
                      Last edited by Luz; 13 November 2007, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Yeah!
                        Shooting someone? How barbaric! Look at the picture under the spoiler tag in my sig! That should give you an idea about how I solve such situations.
                        hehe i'm a martial arts geeks so i appreciate that... i want a light saber!

And I will not hurt you in any way. I just thought you might start to like Sheppard less when you have other objects of worship
                        oh gads thats not going to happen! I'm a equal opportunity fangirl lol, i love loads of guys and girls...

Jensen from supernatural
                        jason from atlantis
                        Joe from atlantis
                        Paul from atlantis
                        etc... i could go on and give quite a list lol

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        *evil laughter* Let's play with the smiley generator!!
                        THUNDER STEALER!!!

I know exactly where to find these Carter/Keller-free episodes.
                        They're stored on my harddrive.
                        okay you're forgiven hehehehe

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                        I for one loved McKay/Sheppard, but Keller is definitely not McKay, I had to scroll past her parts during First Strike, it was hatred at first sight. I could go on and on about all the things I don't like about her.

For a moment there I thought it said Athrun and I was like wut?!, all my love for Shep I credit to the actor, because the writing sucks, they just lucked out because they have an awesome cast (doesn't hurt that they're so hot) that does the best they can with the trash they get. Although for a while there it seemed they were making an effort, but sometime during season three they just seemed to give up and somehow thought 'shaking things up' would make up for their laziness and lousy storylines.
                        Luz i adore you hehehe ...but you should probably stay out of my mind LMAO!! I couldn't agree more if i tried! GREEN!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

hehe i'm a martial arts geeks so i appreciate that... i want a light saber!
                          No offense, but there is no way I'm going to make one for you.

Comment

No offense, but there is no way I'm going to make one for you.
                            awwwwwwwwwww hehehhe
                            actually my friend just got one at a con... and i have saber jealously....

*thinks about that for a moment... mind goes straight to the gutter*

ehm ..so hows everyone's day?
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I haven't seen that interview yet. PM the link, please.
                              Here's the specifc page of the article you're looking for: http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...nt=img053a.jpg

Torri says, "I was told right when we wrapped that there would be changes and that it was my choice if I want to come back and do some [recurring] work or walk away."

Here's the link to the rest of the article (from my photobucket):

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...nt=img049a.jpg
                              http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ent=img050.jpg
                              http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...nt=img051a.jpg
                              http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ent=img052.jpg
                              http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...nt=img053a.jpg

Comment

awwwwwwwwwww hehehhe
                                actually my friend just got one at a con... and i have saber jealously....

*thinks about that for a moment... mind goes straight to the gutter*

ehm ..so hows everyone's day?
                                umm you mean you have ZPM jealousy?

I will try try to point & shoot in the general direction at least once.
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X