Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Do you really think they'll admit there's a problem, mind you I'd like to see what spin they put on this, more likely who they'll blame
    True, they only admit there's something wrong with the show to favor their chums. Then again, this is a great opportunity to complete the 'SG1ification' of Atlantis, isn't it?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    The shrill and ill-informed lemmings of course...

Yeah, we lack true insight into the reality of the situation.
    sigpic

Comment

I think it's time for them to start pushing the reset button.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
        - the Ancients were unfairly treated : the wise and advanced ancestors who built the stargates are described as a bunch of individuals incapable to defend themselves against anything ; constantly over-estimating the dangers. I'm wondering how could they have survived for such a long time before being crushed by the Wraith !
        I'm also tired of how the Ancients are arrogant or stupid or distant and removed or all three. When was the last time we met an Ancient that was interesting or helpful? And I'm tired of hearing about how the Ancients did something wrong and how the humans are SO much smarter than that. It's made me completely uninterested in the Ancients, and aren't they supposed to be the main reason they went to Atlantis in the first place?

- there is no diplomacy in SGA : no talking to the aliens. The interactions with the aliens are limited to interogatories, braindead shooting , running across corridors and lucky escapes .
        Yeah, this was largely because of the inability of TPTB to write and incorporate influential and interesting negotiation scenes. How many times did they have Weir try to negotiate only to have her fail? And now that Weir's been dumped it's even less likely that we'll see diplomacy.

- the development of the alien races is simplistic : the aliens are either "evil" or "good but unimportant" . The Travelers will hopefully be more interesting.
        Eh, I didn't find the Travelers interesting, because they didn't make Larrin interesting and just had to throw in how she had the hots for Sheppers. Out of all the races I only really like the Genii, but even then they haven't had a huge impact on Atlantis recently.

- unnecessary killing of important characters. Ok, you can try other options but you should keep the doors open in case you change your mind. Right now there are no logically acceptable ways to bring dr.Carson back : reviving him would only be possible with some very exaggerated plot like "the past X episodes were just a nightmare dreamt by Y" or "they discover a perfect clone of Carson hidden in the bushes" or "in fact he ascended".
        Or
        Spoiler:
        Teyla is pregnant with a Carson clone!

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        I wonder why?, could it be that the ratings are still not what they want them to be and the excuse of "Well we'll wait and see what the +3 and +7 days are" isn't working anymore
        I don't know why the DVR numbers aren't released. It could be that it's privileged info that only TPTB and the network gets. It could be some sort of NDA. It could be info that's too pricy to purchase.

Originally posted by silkie View Post
        BTW I'm sure they'll spin it with it was already leaked instead of realizing that the low rating was mainly due to the episode being a horrible SG-1 re-hash.
        Oh, it's already being spun. But wait, Adrift and Lifeline were leaked online weeks before they aired and yet those eps had higher ratings than DG. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          Oh, it's already being spun. But wait, Adrift and Lifeline were leaked online weeks before they aired and yet those eps had higher ratings than DG. Hmmm...
          But they weren't finished episodes. DG was finished, sound and all... still the episode deserves nothing more... *mutters*
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

TOF at your speculation about Teyla.

About the ratings, I thought the ratings were for TR.... yes, I watched Doppleganger weeks before too.
            sig made by me

Comment

Also, Sci Fi is going to put two episodes back to back as of this week. So on Friday it will first be Tabula Rasa again, and then Missing. I may be wrong, but casual viewers usually don't watch the same episode again so soon and they might have the following reaction - "Hey, no new Stargate today. Oh well, I'll watch something else." - and as such won't watch the new one following the old one.
              WOW! what a brilliant idea so no new episode this week? I would like to see ratings for this friday. 0,5?or less?
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                WOW! what a brilliant idea so no new episode this week? I would like to see ratings for this week. 0,5?or less?
                Missing is still on at 10, but I mean to say if they should tune in at 9 they might get confused. And think there's no new episode.

Comment

Missing is still on at 10, but I mean to say if they should tune in at 9 they might get confused. And think there's no new episode.

I see. thx
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

I found a great song to add to the anti album!

"Waiting on the World to Change"

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                    About the ratings, I thought the ratings were for TR.... yes, I watched Doppleganger weeks before too.
                    The ratings that come out on skiffy's site every Monday are the ratings from the week before. So what's up are the rating for DG, the rating for Traveler will be released next Monday, and the rating for TR the Monday after that.

Comment

I found a great song to add to the anti album!

"Waiting on the World to Change"

The ratings that come out on skiffy's site every Monday are the ratings from the week before. So what's up are the rating for DG, the rating for Traveler will be released next Monday, and the rating for TR the Monday after that.
                      I can't keep up with ratings! All I see is it's falling - which isn't good.
                      sig made by me

Comment

They created a problem where there was none...and now they're scratiching their heads in confusion.
                        Hmm, are you talking about killing off characters??? 'Cause no problems? I don't think we have been watching the same show. Weir wasn't working neither was Carson, now you can say there are other ways to deal with characters not working out rather then killing them off but imho there were problems with those two characters, and for this viewer getting rid of Weir is the only good thing they have done in two and half seasons.

However the main problem from my point of view has been the writing. Only Martin Gero seems to write remotely interesting stories. No not everything is original in his scripts but compared to Joe M & Paul M; not to mention Carl Binder (who I have yet to see anything original from) Martin is a guiding light... the show relies too heavily on a set number of writers and I suspect even when they do bring in fresher blood (RCC definitely NOT included in that category) that Joe M & Paul M put a heavy hand on the pen of the 'fresh' writer making even their scripts seem more of the 'same'.

Until the show(runners) gets a backbone and goes into stories and places that are a little uncomfortable, dealing with real ethical and moral issues and resolving them without the big red reset button this show will suffer and die and I will continue to not give (much of ) a dam about it.

Comment

IMO, SGA started to develop problems with the writing way back in s2. While I have seen some improvements, I don't think the show has ever really recovered. Weir and Carson were the most notable sore thumbs that stuck out in regards to poor writing - how often did TPTB have Weir sit around instead of doing something productive and interesting? How often was Carson shuttled to the side or brought along on missions just because?

TPTB decided to "shake things up" by getting rid of old characters and bringing in new ones. At this point, it's safe to say that doing so did not have a positive impact on the show. They took a gamble and so far that gamble has not paid off. I've read about Weir fans who have given up on the show because she's gone, and I've read about Carter fans who have given up on the show because they don't like what TPTB have done with Carter so far. Obviously there are fans who are happy with the changes, but new fans from SG1 and elsewhere haven't come over to replace the fans who aren't all that interested in the show anymore.

I think that casual viewers are steadily dropping because some don't care for the cast changes while others see the cast changes as a superficial change, see the show as largely staying the same, and since they didn't like "same" they have finally given up on the show. Will ratings drop more? It's certainly possible.

Comment

IMO, SGA started to develop problems with the writing way back in s2. While I have seen some improvements, I don't think the show has ever really recovered. Weir and Carson were the most notable sore thumbs that stuck out in regards to poor writing - how often did TPTB have Weir sit around instead of doing something productive and interesting? How often was Carson shuttled to the side or brought along on missions just because?
                            I think Weir was the biggest problem, she was good in season one but nothing was carried through and by the time the season ended she and Sheppard were best buddies... it makes me wonder what kind of show we would have had now if that hadn't of happened, if the writers had of kept some of that antagonism between them instead of going for the whole best buds or even in some people's minds Shipping them. (Well lets be honest if Adrift was anymore blatant then Sheppard would have curled up on her hospital gurney )

I still think Weir's best episode was Suspicion followed by Hot Zone, in both she made tough and unpopular decisions and came to a front with Sheppard... sadly soon after The Eye/The Storm that kind of heated to and throw (which is normal in these situations) was dropped from the game plan.

As for Carson, said it before he was never given a good enough reasons to go off world so it never worked for me, he seemed to be just slotted into eps rather then 'needed' in eps.

No for me season one back half was more the start of the end, although season two really started to hammer in the nails.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                              Hmm, are you talking about killing off characters???
                              No, not specifically.

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                              However the main problem from my point of view has been the writing.
                              That is one of the main things I was thinking about, the writing. The whole Atlantis-feel is gone and has been replaced with something that I no longer recognize.

Comment

Working...
                              X