Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    There is always space in the anti thread for pro or neutral posters who have something anti to talk about! Especially for posters who have been so understanding and tolerant of the antis and willing to defend them like you have, BG.
    Thanks TOF, I just need to stay away from the ratings threads.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Why would you do that? If it weren't for your explanations those things don't make squad sense to me.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Nah, you just need to look at it this way: "No matter what happens with the ratings I'm going to get to watch 15 + 20 new eps of SGA!" Because I highly doubt that skiffy would pull a Farscape and cancel s5 before it starts due to low ratings.

s6 though, that's another matter. And personally I'd like to see TPTB really pull off something excellent for s5. Because I haven't seen anything truly amazing so far in s4. Whether or not TPTB actually do is another matter and unfortunately I don't see them suddenly changing their ways , but right now all I can cling to is hope. I think that's what keeps most of the antis here too - the hope that they start enjoying SGA again or enjoying it more.

Comment

I think that's what keeps most of the antis here too - the hope that they start enjoying SGA again or enjoying it more.
          Second that.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Why would you do that? If it weren't for your explanations those things don't make squad sense to me.
            Um yeah, but now since SGA got picked up, it has gone from "Are the ratings good enough?" to "Why and how are they good enough?" No matter how I spin it, I know the ratings are doing well. Anyway, sorry for the off topic post.
            sigpic

Comment

Whether or not TPTB actually do is another matter and unfortunately I don't see them suddenly changing their ways , but right now all I can cling to is hope. I think that's what keeps most of the antis here too - the hope that they start enjoying SGA again or enjoying it more.
              One can only hope...

Comment

Nah, you just need to look at it this way: "No matter what happens with the ratings I'm going to get to watch 15 + 20 new eps of SGA!" Because I highly doubt that skiffy would pull a Farscape and cancel s5 before it starts due to low ratings.

s6 though, that's another matter. And personally I'd like to see TPTB really pull off something excellent for s5. Because I haven't seen anything truly amazing so far in s4. Whether or not TPTB actually do is another matter and unfortunately I don't see them suddenly changing their ways , but right now all I can cling to is hope. I think that's what keeps most of the antis here too - the hope that they start enjoying SGA again or enjoying it more.
                Well I hope for everyone's sake things to get better for everyone here. I know it's impossible to please everyone, but if most of you start enjoying it better, that's cool. My biggest complaint will probably come to a head in the ep "This Mortal Coil" . That episode and the 2nd parter "Be all my Sins remembered" has to be over the top for me. Ya know? I will be very upset if those eps are not great. I mean great as in "The Eye" great or "The Seige" great! I'm a little nervous about TMC, because look who wrote that ep. "Sins" is written by Martin Gero so I have high hopes for that one.
                sigpic

Comment

Um yeah, but now since SGA got picked up, it has gone from "Are the ratings good enough?" to "Why and how are they good enough?" No matter how I spin it, I know the ratings are doing well. Anyway, sorry for the off topic post.
                  Well, in Belgium, which has approximately 10 million people (give or take a few), those ratings would be excellent. Super even!

Therefor I find it so hard to believe that in a country that is quite a bit bigger, those ratings can be considered as good. I see them as mediocre.

But it got a season 5 so I guess they are still good enough.

Comment

Atlantis without Elizabeth is no Atlantis.

No matter how I spin it, I know the ratings are doing well.
                    They are? I thought they were sinking with every ep?

Originally posted by justhere
                    Oh gosh - that's too negative! I can't live like that!
                    Must have a tiny tiny glimmer of hope. Always.
                    Sorry *g* I was born a pessimist

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                      Atlantis without Elizabeth is no Atlantis.

They are? I thought they were sinking with every ep?

No, they evened out. So far its 1.2,1.1, and 1.1 without Live +3 or +7!
                      sigpic

Comment

I bring forth the cover of the The Stinky Sock Mix, volume 1... (How many volumes are we at yet?)

Spoiler:

Thank you to Suzotchka for providing the stinky sock.

Comment

@Falcon Hosur: It won't let me green you, so MENTAL GREEN for the cover!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                            It won't let me green you, so MENTAL GREEN for the cover!
                            Thanks. It should be the size of a cover so you can actually print it out and use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              Be optimistic all you want. It's not gonna change the fact that even if there is a major plot twist and a significant increase in overall quality, not many pople will be there to watch them. IMHO the average fans are now telling themselves: "Why should we watch it? We've already seen it all in SG-1. And with more developed characters"

BTW:

Spoiler:
                              About 7 months ago, a certain 'Reefgirl' asked questions about the apparent disappearence of Dr Heightmeyer. I've noticed, that the writers finished their work on 'Doppelganger' back then. I've seen the basic spoilers for S4 episode 'Missing' on GW. I have to add, that the same 'Reefgirl' asked the same questions about Jinto and Halling a few posts later...
                              Did I?

Comment

Oooh, Reefgirl do you have an in with TPTB? Or are you just psychic?

Comment

Working...
                                X