Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    I know! I was expecting this season to be darker and more depressing because now Atlantis has to deal with both the wraith and the Asurans while both enemies try to kill each other. Or darker and more depressing because people keep on dying/leaving. But what do we get instead? Freaky alien crystals that give people nightmares and yet another gal getting the hots for Sheppers!

So far it's been an example of "tell, don't show" in regard to the wraith/Asuran war. And I find it difficult to see it as any sort of pressing matter because of that. Heck, even the attempts to rescue Weir seem to have been forgotten.

RESET!
    I am waiting for "This Mortal Coil" I think that will be a major turning point for the season and the show. I think a lot of people are speculating what could happen. It's going to either add more people to the Anti-band wagon or it's going to leave people very satisfied and wanting more.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I am waiting for "This Mortal Coil" I think that will be a major turning point for the season and the show. I think a lot of people are speculating what could happen. It's going to either add more people to the Anti-band wagon or it's going to leave people very satisfied and wanting more.
      The way this season has been progressing, I think the likely outcome would be everyone would fall asleep by then.
      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
        The way this season has been progressing, I think the likely outcome would be everyone would fall asleep by then.
        ZZZZZzzzzzz.........

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          Yeah, I'm still hopeful that it will be one of the best seasons.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Yeah, I'm still hopeful that it will be one of the best seasons.
            I mean absolutely no disrespect at all and you are more then welcome to post here of course

but i am curious if you are not anti where are you here..i have to admit I'm confused....

again i mean no disrespect you just have me puzzled... though i will say confusing me is an easy thing to do lol

maybe its just our cheery dispositions hehehe i don't know lol
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
              Admittedly the only episode I have watched so far is Travellers. But it was "meh". Fairly predicable; really nothing to write home about. I was thrilled to watch only because certain characters were thankfully missing.

Ahhh yes. And it would have been more perfect if Larrin didn't grace us with her presence. That would have been a better episode if she was missing.....ohhhhwelll.....

Comment

Oh for ****s sake. Who's seen the trailer for Tabula Rasa?
                Spoiler:
                Get ready for another exciting and delightfully original virus episode folks.

Oh but it doesn't stop there. The virus causes amnesia! Two cliches in one, how about that!

I know I certainly can't wait to watch people sweating in those hospital cots for another 42 minutes! Oh boy is it Friday yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  Oh for ****s sake. Who's seen the trailer for Tabula Rasa?
                  Spoiler:
                  Get ready for another exciting and delightfully original virus episode folks.

Oh but it doesn't stop there. The virus causes amnesia! Two cliches in one, how about that!

I know I certainly can't wait to watch people sweating in those hospital cots for another 42 minutes! Oh boy is it Friday yet!
                  Is this basically Broca Divide+Memento Mori combined re-hash?

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
                    Is this basically Broca Divide+Memento Mori combined re-hash?
                    From GW:

Spoiler:
                    "We watched the Day One Mix of 'Tabula Rasa' today. Another winner! The teaser felt like something out of the movie 'Saw.' A very unique-looking episode that Marty G. predicts 'the fans are gonna love.'" (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)

Best season EVA!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                      From GW:

Spoiler:
                      "We watched the Day One Mix of 'Tabula Rasa' today. Another winner! The teaser felt like something out of the movie 'Saw.' A very unique-looking episode that Marty G. predicts 'the fans are gonna love.'" (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)

Best season EVA!
                      SGA rules 4EVA!
                      sig made by me

Comment

It's so sad reading different threads and people saying that every episode of season 4 is a rehash from an SG-1 episode. Atlantis hardly resembles the true self anymore. Way to go Mallozzi and Mullie!
                        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

So it feels like something out of a mediocre horror movie and borrows heavily from several previous SG-1 episodes and its "a very unique-looking episode".

I wonder if we tricked them somehow into making what they thought we rehashes based on ****ty B movies if we'd actually end up with new material winning emmys?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            I know! I was expecting this season to be darker and more depressing because now Atlantis has to deal with both the wraith and the Asurans while both enemies try to kill each other. Or darker and more depressing because people keep on dying/leaving. But what do we get instead? Freaky alien crystals that give people nightmares and yet another gal getting the hots for Sheppers!

So far it's been an example of "tell, don't show" in regard to the wraith/Asuran war. And I find it difficult to see it as any sort of pressing matter because of that. Heck, even the attempts to rescue Weir seem to have been forgotten.

RESET!
                            This bugs the crap outta me. Where's the example folks? I mean we spent an entire episode meeting the new people, and really what did we learn? They are on par w/ Atlantian technology or at least know how to work it? That they are our equal? You mean, we couldn't bring more troops from Earth and revamped our man power? Did Shep really make a friend? I know he tried. But honestly Larrin sucked as a leader. She wasn't menacing/tough enough. Yeah she beat Shep, but that was so gratuitous.
                            I am getting bored with this season. I love Shep. But the SGA I loved is gone.
                            sig made by me

Comment

Yep, a lot of stuff going on, and yet Atlantis remains on the sidelines dealing with crystal lifeforms, hot chicks, viruses and so forth. Talk about taking your eyes off the ball!
                              Last edited by mcbarr; 01 November 2007, 06:30 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                                I mean absolutely no disrespect at all and you are more then welcome to post here of course

but i am curious if you are not anti where are you here..i have to admit I'm confused....

again i mean no disrespect you just have me puzzled... though i will say confusing me is an easy thing to do lol

maybe its just our cheery dispositions hehehe i don't know lol
                                I am mostly pro with Season 4, the only misgiving or complaint I have is the fate of Weir. I feel the mid-season 2 parter could be her very last eps forever. Even if the show is amazing and I love it, I can have my opinions and misgivings to what I want to see.

I think totally killing off Weir would be a very bad choice.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X