Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    hehe well there are these nice green plants that grow in BC where the show is filmed (j/k)
    Spoiler:

    "It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

    Comment


      Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      *starts humming Paint it Black*

      I see an Ancient door, I want to paint it bla-ack...
      Hee hee, spooky thing is I played that in bed last night as Ronnie Wood was on telly in the evening

      Comment


        Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
        From GW homepage.

        The Nielsen ratings number is believed to be the "Live + Sam Day" rating. While at first glance Stargate Atlantis's ratings look to be down from last year, the "Live + 3 Days" and "Live + 7 Days" for the season premiere show that its total viewership is about the same -- or perhaps even a little higher.

        ?????? how does that make sense. Wouldn't logic dictate that if they factored in the DVR numbers last season the ratings would have been higher. So how does the total viewership end up being the same or higher this season ?????
        One of my professors used to say: "Do not trust any statistics that you have not manipulated yourself!"

        I do believe he was quoting Winston Churchill...

        EDIT: There you go, some search on google has turned up the original:
        "The only statistics you can trust are those you falsified yourself."

        And he said another nice one *g* "Statistics are like a drunk with a lampost: used more for support than illumination."
        Last edited by Fionnait; 29 October 2007, 02:08 AM.

        Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

        Comment


          What Fionnait said. Obviously, the DVR-ratings show us that more people than they thought watch the show. However, the DVR-ratings does in no way prove that the ratings are consistent of those of last year's since those didn't include said DVR-ratings.

          Someone should tell the PTB this before their illogical minds assume they're doing something right and keep at it.



          Comment


            Did we even have/use the live+3 and live+7 numbers last season? Because without them this whole "numbers are up" thing is a load of codswallop. Well, it's still that anyway, but more so.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
              It's the gushing fans that are driving the more critical fans to the Anti threads or off the boards altogether. The gushing fans would be exstatic if the cast did nothing but fart for 45 minutes but the more critical, may get a laugh out of the farting for a couple of minutes (Aliens of London/World War 3 anyone) but why should they be be ganged up on and 'Happy Slapped' for daring to critisize crap writing, crap acting and crap stories.

              snipped
              Reefgirl, I couldn't agree more. I've overstepped some boundaries by daring to post on the Joe M appreciation thread, noting that he's not the God they tend to worship - and that thread is a re-posting of his blog. I don't know if you guys have noticed, JM is becoming increasingly snappy as his readers/SG fans' questions and comments are becoming increasingly negative. I've posted there twice, and the last post was in response to someone trying to convince me what a genius JM is, and the whole exchange got DELETED... Fine, so it was a bit off topic, but at the end of our posts, both sides agreed to return to the topic. However, my criticisms got snipped.

              I might just have to start an anti-JM thread

              I don't know why, but I'm beginning to get a distinct impression that GW is being censored right and left by the mods as more fans become critical. And those that are vocal fall into two categories: the blindly overjoyed with every single episode, and the disappointed with how a good show is being dumbed-down and rehashed for the first group.

              Comment


                Well, to be honest, if you're going into an appreciation thread and dissing the subject of the appreciation, you're asking for trouble. That's the same kind of stuff that we have to put up with when the pros come and post their views here. Appreciation threads are for appreciating the character/person and I've always been under the impression that it wasn't open for debate.

                Also, while I know you're mostly kidding, anti-people threads aren't allowed on Gateworld. There's a fine line to toe where real people are concerned and that kind of thing definitely crosses it. In fact, I think there may have been an anti JM thread already and I was one of the ones to report it to the mods. I may not like the guy, but that kinda stuff just isn't kosher, IMO. Even if he doesn't return the favor.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by BoyNamedSue View Post
                  I might just have to start an anti-JM thread
                  Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Also, while I know you're mostly kidding, anti-people threads aren't allowed on Gateworld. There's a fine line to toe where real people are concerned and that kind of thing definitely crosses it. In fact, I think there may have been an anti JM thread already and I was one of the ones to report it to the mods. I may not like the guy, but that kinda stuff just isn't kosher, IMO. Even if he doesn't return the favor.
                  What she said...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                  Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Well, to be honest, if you're going into an appreciation thread and dissing the subject of the appreciation, you're asking for trouble. That's the same kind of stuff that we have to put up with when the pros come and post their views here. Appreciation threads are for appreciating the character/person and I've always been under the impression that it wasn't open for debate.

                    Also, while I know you're mostly kidding, anti-people threads aren't allowed on Gateworld. There's a fine line to toe where real people are concerned and that kind of thing definitely crosses it. In fact, I think there may have been an anti JM thread already and I was one of the ones to report it to the mods. I may not like the guy, but that kinda stuff just isn't kosher, IMO. Even if he doesn't return the favor.
                    Yep, no point in bringing us down to his level.



                    FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by BoyNamedSue View Post
                      I might just have to start an anti-JM thread
                      Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Also, while I know you're mostly kidding, anti-people threads aren't allowed on Gateworld. There's a fine line to toe where real people are concerned and that kind of thing definitely crosses it. In fact, I think there may have been an anti JM thread already and I was one of the ones to report it to the mods. I may not like the guy, but that kinda stuff just isn't kosher, IMO. Even if he doesn't return the favor.
                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      What she said...
                      Yeah, I kid. I may not "Hallow the JM Ori", but I do have some appreciation for some of the work he's done in the past. Not nowadays, mind you...

                      Originally posted by sexy_penguin View Post
                      Yep, no point in bringing us down to his level.
                      LOL!!! That too.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by sexy_penguin View Post
                        Yep, no point in bringing us down to his level.
                        He has a level

                        Sorry couldnt resist
                        sigpic
                        banner by Pandoras-box

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by stclare View Post
                          He has a level
                          Minus.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by stclare View Post
                            He has a level

                            Sorry couldnt resist
                            God, don't say things like that. Now I want to do a macro with his pic and the caption 'I haz a level.'

                            Comment


                              maybe its a sub-level... totally below mezzanine lol
                              Spoiler:

                              "It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by BoyNamedSue View Post
                                I might just have to start an anti-JM thread
                                No need. The Anti Season 4 Thread has that aspect of antiness well covered. Fire at will! Just be polite.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X