Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But we never saw McKay with Katie, except for Sunday. I mean, a whole lot of eps were very shippy for McKay and it was only an afterthought that 'hey, he's in a relationship, that's right' struck me. The whole thing when he was going on about Elizabeth loving him in Tao of Rodney made me uncomfortable, til that realization struck me, and I was able to dismiss it as McKay's ego, rather than McWeir.

I love the term Sodney!

Originally posted by dana View Post
    I actually thought of 'sod off' first.
    That did also occur to me, but I was thinking more like 'soggy' for some reason. Like wet peeling wallpaper. I can't figure out why that image is in my head. I need shrinking. :[

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
    Yeah, TPTB want to show just how dangerous Atlantis is, so they keep killing off characters who are rarely ever in danger. The guys with the weapons? The ones who are always getting into firefights or flying into no-win situations? They invariably escape without a scratch. How's that for realism.
    Originally posted by dana View Post
    Can somebody please tell what is so cool about killing off civilian characters in SGA? Maybe I'm too stupid but I just don't get it.
    The thing I've noticed is, they have to *manufacture* the scenarios where the doctors die. It's not that they're in especially dangerous circumstances, no more so than the rest of the city personnel, they're singled out for special attention in a particularly contrived scene designed to maneuver them into the exact right position for offing. I mean, how many missions have the others been on and escaped, completely unrealistically? If we were expected to swallow it then, why suddenly up and change the format now? I found the way they wrote out the doctors more unbelievable than a lot of eps where people should have died. McKay in Tao of Rodney, for one. Love that ep, but it is ridiculous how easy it was to save him.

Given the number of suicide missions Shep has been on, the writers are throwing stones in glass houses if they want to try and claim credibility now. They only care about it when it suits *them*.
    'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
    will scorch my pride, scar my heart
    It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
    Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Reign View Post
      I must have a much dirty mind than you guys because the first thing I thought of was a certain 'act' that TPTB seem to like doing to Atlantis fans that requires you to bend over . Seems appropriate.

Ain't that the awful truth.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
        The thing I've noticed is, they have to *manufacture* the scenarios where the doctors die. It's not that they're in especially dangerous circumstances, no more so than the rest of the city personnel, they're singled out for special attention in a particularly contrived scene designed to maneuver them into the exact right position for offing. I mean, how many missions have the others been on and escaped, completely unrealistically? If we were expected to swallow it then, why suddenly up and change the format now? I found the way they wrote out the doctors more unbelievable than a lot of eps where people should have died. McKay in Tao of Rodney, for one. Love that ep, but it is ridiculous how easy it was to save him.

Given the number of suicide missions Shep has been on, the writers are throwing stones in glass houses if they want to try and claim credibility now. They only care about it when it suits *them*.

Contrived is the perfect word. Because the characters who face the most dangerous situations always manage to escape at the very last minute with little more than a paper cut to show for their troubles. LOL.

I don't want to see any characters die. I get that an expedition in another galaxy facing the Borg . . . err, angry nanites and vampire-like aliens is a dangerous place. I can grasp that without a trail of bodies littering the landscape. No matter how unrealistic, I want to see everybody survive to fight another day. I'm watching an action adventure series, not Shark Week on The Discovery Channel.

I don't know where the bloodlust comes from. I don't know why viewers feel that unless they're being dragged through the nine circles of hell, they're missing out somehow. LOL.
        Last edited by nowvoyager908; 21 October 2007, 05:28 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
          Contrived is the perfect word. Because the characters who face the most dangerous situations always manage to escape at the very last minute with little more than a paper cut to show for their troubles. LOL.

I don't want to see any characters die. I get that an expedition in another galaxy facing the Borg . . . err, angry nanites and vampire-like aliens is a dangerous place. I can grasp that without a trail of bodies littering the landscape. No matter how unrealistic, I want to see everybody survive to fight another day. I'm watching an action adventure series, not Shark Week on The Discovery Channel.

I don't know where the bloodlust comes from. I don't know why viewers feel that unless they're being dragged through the nine cirles of hell, they're missing out somehow. LOL.
          *cheers* great post and a new word for the anti dictionary (we should be documenting these)

I don't get the idea 'we have to kill someone or else there is no jeopardy'
          I call BULL! to that... jeopardy is created through great writing ...
          a good whumping, emotional angst, repercussions for the characters.. this creates jeopardy... killing characters is just an easy out.
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

In one episode of SG-1 (200), Mitchell said:

Spoiler:
            Don't underestimate the audience. They're generally intelligent people, who repond well to quality entertainment.

TPTBs know exactly what the audience wants to see. Why are they killing everyone off? Quality entertainment means to see characters with developed background stories, not two characters *cough* John *cough* Rodney *cough* ranting and whining all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              In one episode of SG-1 (200), Mitchell said:

Spoiler:
              Don't underestimate the audience. They're generally intelligent people, who repond well to quality entertainment.

TPTBs know exactly what the audience wants to see. Why are they killing everyone off? Quality entertainment means to see characters with developed background stories, not two characters *cough* John *cough* Rodney *cough* ranting and whining all the time
              well i love shep and rodney but i totally agree with the rest!
              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                I remember talking to Anuna recently (I don't know whether it was on Skype or on the forum...) about alien STDs when we were talking about kirking *g* We were thinking that someone should write a nasty fic about it, because all that unprotected kirking is just *insert swearword here*. Smor sounds like a good name for it
                Great. This calls for a crack!fic.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                LOL!!! I agree. I wonder what the symptoms of smor are.
                Lack of continuity and selective amnesia? "What? There was a guy called Carson? And other one called Ford? What happened to them???"

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                I'd be the first one to read it!!! Only God knows what he could have picked up from all those hussies!!
                And I was having vivid images of Carson giving everyone THE TALK and handing out free condoms *g* (I blame the students welfare officer for this, she kept on talking about free condoms in her welcome speech...)
                In front of everybody. I mean everybody. Everyone in the expedition gets a standard pack of three condoms. Sheppard gets a big box. LOL!

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                I don't mind katie and rodney... i think it gave rod a bit more depth...
                dear lord i'm actually am a shipper!

Quick! someone deprogram me!

(j/k)
                Oh I fear there is no cure or reprogramming possibility. You are lost case now! Welcome to the shipper world! (j/k)
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I think I've read something like that already. It does sound familiar somehow.
                  Oh! Where? I want to read it! Otherwise I'll have to write this crack!fic *gg* The plot bunny is just in my head and won't go away! *struggles with bunny*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Oh! Where? I want to read it! Otherwise I'll have to write this crack!fic *gg* The plot bunny is just in my head and won't go away! *struggles with bunny*
                    I think it was on ff.net, but don't trust me on that. It's been a really long while and I've read tons of fiction (been reading and writing for 10 years).
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh never enough crack!fics, go write it!!!

Comment

adrift's ratings got bumped up to 1.4, bring on season five. Crap. Please let joe flanigan become showrunner..please, please, PLEASE! It's the only thing that could save the show. Probably won't happen though.

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
                          adrift's ratings got bumped up to 1.4, bring on season five. Crap. Please let joe flanigan become showrunner..please, please, PLEASE! It's the only thing that could save the show. Probably won't happen though.
                          Is that official??

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Is that official??
                            Yes it's official. That leads me to believe LL will have a slightly higher number --possibly just the same. That's +3 ratings.

Let's hope for a contract for Torri. Think positive.
                            sig made by me

Comment

Is that official??
                              Season five isn't offical yet but the fact that they went up from last season pretty much confirms it for me. Not to metion the fact that the the person who plays dr zelenka felt confident that it would return so i'm guessing that it will be a yes. atlantis is in sci-fi's top three shows and with ratings of 1.4 they won't get rid of it.

Comment

Is that official??
                                I think it is cause I think I saw Briangate mention something about it in the 'Do we get a season 5'-thread.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X