Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    I don't think Joe M. is really interested in bringing back Weir, to be honest. But if JF was in charge we would definitely see skateboarding in Atlantis.
    YAY skateboarding.

skateboarding PWNS golf.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
      It's interesting how TPTB chose to observe the regs when it suited them (non-frat regs *glares SJ*) and now Sam runs with her hair blowing all over the place...
      I should have mentioned this when I said what I did about saluting. The hair is definitely a problem. The Air Force says it has to be off the collar and neat. But again, they go by the regs that suit them. JM also addressed this on his blog today.

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
      Absolutely. He has enough of a brain to get the audience and the way the audience thinks, which I think is sadly lacking among tptb. I think they sit in their ivory tower too much, and don't get a real feel for what's going on out there. JF has done conventions. He knows how the fans feel about Paul and Torri.

I'm amazed that he's the only one who's come out and said that they miss them. The rest of them seem to be saying nothing for some reason. Maybe they're worried they'll be the next one to be offed if they say something!
      The rest are afraid to speak up. You and I know that JF can't be censored or stifled. LOL. I love that he stands up for his co-workers this way.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
      You said it ... specially after him mentioning that they stopped asking him/running ideas past him. Obviously his ideas didn't mesh with the writer/producers. And how much do I love Joe right now for saying "if I, for example, was really upset when they got rid of Paul and they told me after they had done it. I think if they had told me beforehand, maybe I could have altered the circumstances a little bit."

They seriously need to adjust their messed up thinking. Go Joe. Gosh I need an icon made.
      I continue to be amazed that TPTB ignore feedback from people like JF who hear the same thing from fans all the time. He is obviously interested in making a show that fans can approve of. It sounds like from some things he said, that the network may be behind a lot of this.

I read today that movie makers use a computer model to test ideas. Dear God, help us if SciFi does this. Plug in the supposed demographic and spew out the old opinions. LOL.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      going by an example from babylon 5, i'm sure torri not being in the credits was simply a contractural issue.

when claudia christian quit and they got a season 5 without her in it, the finale for s4 got moved to be the show's total finale...so they tossed together a new season finale...and had to quickly reedit the credts because, had cladia been in them, she would have been paid for a whole season's work...a season she wasnt' in.

I know it's odd and i know it's weird...but i think it is also what happened in s7 when MS returned and corin left...corin, before he officially 'left' was reduced to guest starring status and michael, before he'd officiall returned, was added back into the credits.

I know, in reunion, i really didn't care for the rodney bit in the beginning.

funny, sure. but you know, i'm kinda tired of him being hte butt of the jokes. I feel sorry for the poor guy, always coming up short
      Sadly, you're probably right about the credits. I watched the season premier of Las Vegas online today and
      Spoiler:
      the new credits were just like SGA. Tom Selleck's name was listed and James Caan was a "special guest star".
      Just how it's done I think.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
        I think you got the Joe's confused. She's talking about Joe Flannigan not JM.

JF was the one that made the statement that if he knew about Paul before hand it might not have turned out the way it did.

JT what would the icon say. "JF silent Torri and Paul supporter".

"JF for ptb".

"JF he knows what we want"

Or the obvious "JF is HOT". LOL.
        That made me But I'd love one w/ JF for ptb! Thanks R_P!
        sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          YAY skateboarding.

skateboarding PWNS golf.
          can you imagine? Skateboarding past Weir's office LMAO ... she'd so kick his @ss for that and then make him pay.
          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            LOL, Joe F is the man! Even if he did make fun of me in that video.
            So you are squall? LMAO
            sig made by me

Comment

So you are squall? LMAO
              Shhh don't tell anyone.
              sigpic

Comment

can you imagine? Skateboarding past Weir's office LMAO ... she'd so kick his @ss for that and then make him pay.
                Awww. I can see it now. Good times. Good times. *wipes a tear of regret while simultaneously sticking another pin in an effigy of...well someone*
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I pictured him kicking off a ramp and jumping through the Stargate, actually. Ronon would smirk, Teyla would roll her eyes, Rodney would say "Ooh ooh, me next!" and Carter would die of shock.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Awww. I can see it now. Good times. Good times. *wipes a tear of regret while simultaneously sticking another pin in an effigy of...well someone*
                    *snicker* I have a certain someone's likeness in mind... wears ill fitting suits ALL the time!
                    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      I pictured him kicking off a ramp and jumping through the Stargate, actually. Ronon would smirk, Teyla would roll her eyes, Rodney would say "Ooh ooh, me next!" and Carter would die of shock.
                      muwahahaha - so good!
                      Funny thing is I can so picture this!
                      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        LMAO.

If JF has been in charge they would have build a skateboarding ramp someplace in Atlantis. I mean golf, golf, is just boring. lol. I think Ronon would have found skateboarding alot more interesting than golf.
                        sigpic
                        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Wow I really, really love Joe now. Thanks Joe for standing up for us!
                          I can't believe they wanted to move on as if Weir was never there. WTH? Thay doesn't make any sense.... here is proof what malozzi really thinks of Torri.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                            She's already been given the Ford treatment. She's not in any of the back half of the season.

What's disgusting is that she was dumped from the credits before she was even gone. That's an even more cold-hearted act than I expected from TPTB. Torri has been a huge part of this series, and for them to do that to her, when she's been nothing but positive about being part of the show, and has never openly slagged them off is disgusting. If they only wanted to do one set of credits, fine, just go without for the first two episodes. That would be no big deal. But to have Carter in and Weir out in the opening credits tells all these 'casual viewers' who Mallozzi seems to think don't care about the characters that Elizabeth is gone, and that Godforsaken relic from SG1, Samantha frigging Carter is there fulltime.

They've shown no respect to Torri, through dumping her from the credits, and through making statements like "I'm happy with the way we dealt with Weir" or "it had to be done". No, it didn't have to be done, unless you wanted to bring Carter in. They can deny links as much as they want, but anyone with half a brain can see the two are connected.

If I was a casual viewer, not being a fan of Carter, seeing her in the credits and Weir not would be enough to make me tune out, whether Torri was in the eps or not.

Good post! I don't doubt that they told her to say that she agrees with the decision... but anyone who listened to the interview could tell how upset she sounded when she said that. It didn't have to be done. Here is a really bad comparison: What did Hammond ever did? Compared to Weir, NOTHING! He never even went off world! And yet he stayed on the show for whay, 7 seasons? And wasn't killed either. JM can talk all he wants about what made him make this decision... but the only reason is Tapping.

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                              I saw Joe Flanigan on the weekend [lol, like it's so casual, it happens all the time, yeah...] and he made some interesting comments when I asked if he thought that the producers were trying to make Atlantis more like Stargate, what with Amanda coming over:
                              OMG were you interviewing him for something or was this at a panel or something?

That is EXACTLY what I and a lot of other people have been saying here, Parisindy, remember that conversation about 'emotional investments'? He totally gets us. And it's a shame that the producers don't let him in on their decisions anymore, because if he had more leverage, the show would be so much better and I wouldn't have to be anti since he wouldn't let anyone go! I just don't know how he can make so much sense and the people in charge don't get what he's saying.
                              i've said it before and i'll say it again... I love joe

Secondly, he totally gets us! He's that one voice!!!! I wish the producers had integrity like his.
                              amen!

Originally posted by alyssa
                              Joe seems to be about 100 times more in tune with the audience than the producers/writers are. The guy knows what he's talking about.
                              love the joe the joe is good

You said it ... specially after him mentioning that they stopped asking him/running ideas past him. Obviously his ideas didn't mesh with the writer/producers. And how much do I love Joe right now for saying "if I, for example, was really upset when they got rid of Paul and they told me after they had done it. I think if they had told me beforehand, maybe I could have altered the circumstances a little bit."

They seriously need to adjust their messed up thinking. Go Joe. Gosh I need an icon made.
                              have i mentioned that i love joe? hehe Can i see your icon!?
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

actually, hammond did go off world 3 times

in prisoners to negotiate for sg1's release
                                in Into the Fire to rescue sg1 when the pentagon wouldn't let him send a team
                                in Fallen when Earth was under attack

As much as i personally liked sam going to rescue shep and the guys, i'm also very glad that it's not gonna happen very often...and the next time that it does, she needs a good reason. I love action sam...but that's not her job now. She needs to stay home and, to paraphrase shep to teyla, she needs to be there to take care of those left behind. she's responsible for the city now, not just one team
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X