Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    IOA = TPTB

That's how I see it.
    *snicker*
    sigpic
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Sam should have gone on the rescue mission. I mean come on if she gets killed and Shep too who's gonna lead Atlantis (Zelenka, Rodney, Teyla, Ronon were on the mission too). If they've gotten killed who'd have lead Atlantis Lorne or Chuck???

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        It's...Atlantis Command!!! Now with more Command!

And I'm so sick of writing Rodney as a creepy guy with a crush around Carter. Pleasepleaseplease let that be the only time in the whole season. Has he matured over the past 3 seasons or not? Because TPTB keep on going back and forth with him, and I'm not all that interested in pointing and laughing at the socially inept Rodney from s1.
        Oh so it's Rodney who will get musical chairs treatment this time around? Good. And I thought those guys developed Rodney the best. I didn't see the ep, but I'll comment on what other people said.

Obviously SGA is going through a large episode of selective amnesia, Ronon excluded. Not only they have forgotten Elizabeth (I mean, come on! Rodney can thank her for being part of the team, it's probably her who picked him for Antarctica base and the mission!) they obviously forgot who they are.

It's nice to hear that John wants to save Elizabeth, but come on, this should be the rebel guy who needs no approval!!!

Cranky Teyla? Really?!! Why this never happened before?

and the whole family cr*p is ticking me off. Why didn't they ever point out that Carson and Elizabeth were part of the same family?!

Badwriting badwriting badwriting!!!!
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Oh so it's Rodney who will get musical chairs treatment this time around? Good. And I thought those guys developed Rodney the best. I didn't see the ep, but I'll comment on what other people said.

Obviously SGA is going through a large episode of selective amnesia, Ronon excluded. Not only they have forgotten Elizabeth (I mean, come on! Rodney can thank her for being part of the team, it's probably her who picked him for Antarctica base and the mission!) they obviously forgot who they are.

It's nice to hear that John wants to save Elizabeth, but come on, this should be the rebel guy who needs no approval!!!

Cranky Teyla? Really?!! Why this never happened before?

and the whole family cr*p is ticking me off. Why didn't they ever point out that Carson and Elizabeth were part of the same family?!

Badwriting badwriting badwriting!!!!
          I dont know wether the writters realised that the family element was underused in the first 3 seasons and have now decided to push that angle for all its worth. but they should have done that with the original cast. to try and convince the viewer that there at this point with the new regeme already is just unreal IMHO.
          sigpic
          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

*shakes head and sighs*

When you change any group or team members you don't get that happy family feeling. I had four people join my student psychotherapy group (I study psychotherapy). We ahve laughs and such but it feels awkward a little bit. And bear in mind we were told it's gonna happen and all of us agreed to have new members.

Now imagine how a traumatic event - like losing one friend, than another 8who happens to be the leader of said group!) would effect people in real life. In real life Carter would have a LOT of problems. Sheppard wouldn't go suck up to her, he would be attacking her for every decision, big or small. Rodney would feel guilty. Ronon... well it seems Ronon makes the most sense, and Teyla would grieve for her friend. And the four of them would probably fight among themselves because it's something that often happens after facing a tragedy/traumatic event. people close off, don't want to talk, balme others, there is that thing called survivor's complex... now imagine these things happening on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              *shakes head and sighs*

When you change any group or team members you don't get that happy family feeling. I had four people join my student psychotherapy group (I study psychotherapy). We ahve laughs and such but it feels awkward a little bit. And bear in mind we were told it's gonna happen and all of us agreed to have new members.

Now imagine how a traumatic event - like losing one friend, than another 8who happens to be the leader of said group!) would effect people in real life. In real life Carter would have a LOT of problems. Sheppard wouldn't go suck up to her, he would be attacking her for every decision, big or small. Rodney would feel guilty. Ronon... well it seems Ronon makes the most sense, and Teyla would grieve for her friend. And the four of them would probably fight among themselves because it's something that often happens after facing a tragedy/traumatic event. people close off, don't want to talk, balme others, there is that thing called survivor's complex... now imagine these things happening on the show.
              *That* I would like to see instead of this trigger happy cheery family. (see Doppelganger last scene)

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                *That* I would like to see instead of this trigger happy cheery family. (see Doppelganger last scene)
                realy id rather not watch DOPPLECLANGER again without the fastforward button and mute button set ready
                sigpic
                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                  It sounds, looks and feels fake. C'mon. You can't sell me that in fourth episode. That's why I love BSG season one.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                    IOA = TPTB

That's how I see it.
                    well said and congrates on 1500 ((hugs))

green you but i can't
                    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Dana made me a signature! I'm campaigning for grown up Sheppard! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                        well said and congrates on 1500 ((hugs))

green you but i can't
                        ((hugs)) will do.

Shoot, I couldn't resist and watched the frakking episode. It was good except for Carter. She's completely out of tune with the show. Most of her bits can be easily edited out (FH will be happy). Dang, how I miss the depth and the seriousness Dr. Weir brought to the show! Carter is so... cheesy? She's clearly not leadership material acting like a little girl etc.

Previously I said "IOA = TPTB" Please, let me correct that:

IOA + all characters (except Ronon, for now) = TPTB

Sheppard and McKay sucking up to Carter... Come on! TPTB are clearly doing everything they can to express how infatuated they are with Sam. BTW, did you notice there was no doctor in this episode? Will they "pull a Lam" with Keller?
                        Last edited by mcbarr; 13 October 2007, 12:04 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

They pulled a Jonas, Frasier and Ford; why not pulling a Lam too? And I can't believe I'm gonna say it, but from everything so far... Sheppard, grow back your spine!

Comment

didn't watch it ...don't wanna

anuna what does your sig say it doesn't make sense to me ???
                            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

It's macro spelling. It says "Can I like grow up anytime soon, please?"

Comment

Where are those ratings? Why do we know the ratings for other show the next day after they air but still don't knoe ratings for Lifeline a week after its release?

Comment

Working...
                                X