Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    I wonder if people will give Joe a break when he actually answered the comments that so many people predicted he wouldn't.
    I am glad to see that he clarified his comments (though it reminds me of the clarifications made after that infamous lemming comment... ).

(Trio)
    Spoiler:
    Joe talked about that scene ages ago, way before they started editing and cutting...or perhaps even shooting the episode, so it's not like he's just telling them today along with the news that it won't be there.
    Spoiler:
    Oh, I didn't know that he had mentioned it earlier. So there was more of a build up before the sudden disappointment. I wonder which scenario is worse for a shipper?

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    That's quite true. Actually, I wonder how JM & Co. would have spun it if Adrift had scored 1.7/1.8.
    If Adrift had gotten decent ratings I'm sure there would have been some sort of smug dig made at the antis. We're always in his thoughts, apparently.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    who was responsible for Sateda?
    It was written and directed by Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

It was written and directed by Cooper.
      i really liked that one...
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
        Spoilers for Trio
        Spoiler:

What if someone does not want to buy the DVD? No offense to McKay and his Fans but would it really hurt to cut McKay's lines for once and have this Sam/Keller scene kept. I could be wrong but I though a big point of this episode was Sam and Keller bonding? IMO these character building scenes are very important. Not to mention Sam/Jack Shippers have not had much to celebrate for some time.
        Well...neither of us know why that scene was cut (and the thread has a spoiler warning, so I won't bother with the tags, if you don't mind), so...well, who knows. Maybe there was too much plot or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          I thought Anuna was talking about Val Kilmer since you know he's obviously in the world to destroy SGA.

I love how when JM says something is criticizing but when other people do it, it's bashing.
          I was actually joking at my own expense, and yes, I did mention the baaad Val Kilmer.

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
          His comments remind me of something I heard on Real Time with Bill Maher. To paraphrase - Instead of talking about SGA, he's talking about the viewers who are talking about SGA.

The point of the comment on Real Time was that when a group starts to loose control of a situation, they often try to redirect the conversation to something else, taking heat off themselves in the process. I think it works in this situation as well.
          And in doing so the group gains a sense of control they lack.

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
          Just because one is anti (and speaking for this anti) - does not mean they want the show to fail. It does not mean they want others to not enjoy the show. It means, for me, that I loved the show so much, and the way I see it going now is very sad. I want it restored to it's former glory, and I won't accept anything less.

People can share my opinion or not. It doesn't matter. My opinion is just that - my opinion.

As I said before there are *many* reasons for the fall in ratings. NOTHING can be excluded.
          I agree Suz. I hate to see what I love about this show to be turned upside down, inside out and then gone (probably for good). I'd love this show to become better but to me - and that is my personal and subjective opinion that I'm entitled too - without that one thing I like it simply can't be better. It's like taking the chocolate out of chocolate cake. I don't want vanilla or anything else. It's that simple to me.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          yeah.

I know he's trying to be nice by releasing spoilers, and i know that folks appreciate it...but you know...joe knows the fandom. and he knows what will rile folks up.

so why bring up contentious issues? Why get folks hopes up over something that's a hot button issue?

why not wait until you know for sure, then spill the beans.
          Because he has fun doing it?!

i'm not defending him as much as i'm playing the devil's advocate.

and actually, i don't agree with his riling up the fans. He's been doing it for years and i've gotten very tired of it. I've watched him 'calm up' situation after situation. I've watched him bait people. I've watched him mock people.

and, honestly, i don't think he has much respect for folks. Yes, i know that he gets a lot of crud on his blog. And i know he's been the recipient of no small amount of nastiness. However, his blog is moderated, he doesn't have to let through what he lets through. He doesn't have to respond the way he does. He could be interacting in a professional and calm manner, but instead he likes to rouse the rabble. Whatever

he has fun doing it. and it's his blog. He can act however he wants to act.

At the end of the day, he doesn't answer to us per se. He answers to his bosses. and, eventually, his riling is gonna come back and bite him in the tush
          Yes it's his blog and he chooses what he does and how he does it. The way he responds sends a message of lack of respect towards people (and to me it seems he gets a pretty good kick when people go crazy because things he said).

You know we who don't like where this is going are still human beings and we also like to be treated with dignity.

yeah, i think they did too. and i agree, gekko makes shows that are to my taste.

I think they were very good at balancing humor and taste, fun with dignity.

and, while they kept thier distance from the fans, i don't think that was necessarily a bad thing.
          It probably wasn't a bad thing. The early years of SG - 1 hold a special place in my heart. That show was at it's best from seasons 1 to 4.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
            i really liked that one...
            I really liked Runner, which was also his work. Hopefully the next episode he writes won't be 94% action scenes like Sateda was!

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
              I really liked Runner, which was also his work. Hopefully the next episode he writes won't be 94% action scenes like Sateda was!
              To me it was just another average episode. *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                To me it was just another average episode. *shrugs*
                another boring and silly episode to me
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Sateda to me was a welcome episode considering the ones that came before it...
                  Signed,

Gregorius
                  Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                  Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                    Sateda to me was a welcome episode considering the ones that came before it...
                    I never liked Matrix but, you're right.
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Actually, thinking about S3, Echoes; CG, TRW and Tao are my favorites. The rest of it... naaah really.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Actually, thinking about S3, Echoes; CG, TRW and Tao are my favorites. The rest of it... naaah really.

I agree with Echoes, CG and Tao. But the rest....
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

CG got me really upset. I still get upset when I watch it. That's a good sign. I love TRW because of Weir.

Comment

See, these last few posts are what I mean by everyone having their own reasons for liking (or disliking) Atlantis. And I agree with Anuna that seasons 1-4 of Stargate were able to balance all the different, and sometimes competing, themes of Stargate very well. Atlantis is a different show though- and I get the feeling that, from the beginning, the vision for it wasn't as well worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                              See, these last few posts are what I mean by everyone having their own reasons for liking (or disliking) Atlantis. And I agree with Anuna that seasons 1-4 of Stargate were able to balance all the different, and sometimes competing, themes of Stargate very well. Atlantis is a different show though- and I get the feeling that, from the beginning, the vision for it wasn't as well worked out.
                              I agree on this. i have this feeling that writers and producers haven't decided where the story is going. There should be a general idea at least... but strangely they choose the tactic of shocking people out of their bones by killing off characters. That doesn't work for me.

Comment

Hello All!

Just wanted to share my response to Joe's response to my post. In spoiler tags so those who don't care can breeze right past.

Spoiler:

Joe –

First, thank you for responding to my post. It would have been easy to just let me have my rant and ignore it, but you chose to address my comments and I appreciate that.

And now, on to the tennis match…. =)

“To completely dismiss the influence of all of the aforementioned is just downright silly. And to be perfectly honest, given your intelligent and well-argued past comments, I’m surprised you vehemently disagree.”

Actually, I don’t vehemently disagree with your assertion that there are other things that will affect the ratings. As I stated in my post, I do think the cast changes WILL have an affect on the ratings, but I don’t presume to think that will be the only thing that will affect the ratings.

What I disagreed with was your decision to use the words “inhuman amount of ignorance”. Granted, that may be your genuine feeling on the matter, but is labeling a group of fans in that manner necessary? Keep in mind that some may truly be former, and some may still be hanging in there, hoping against hope that things might change again in Season 5.

“But there’s a big difference between someone criticizing changes in the show and someone claiming they have abandoned the show (the “former” fans) who nevertheless take the time to remain active criticizing a show they no longer watch AND enthusiastically root for its cancellation.”

Yes, there is a difference. I will not attempt to speak for the group of folks out there who truly wish the show would get canceled. I’m still in that group that is hoping we get a Season 5 so I have a chance for many more episodes with my favorite character returning to the team. I do have a chance, don’t I?

And a completely unrelated question – if email for you is sent to the Bridge Studios general email inbox, will it get forwarded to you?

SMB_BOOKS

Happy Friday!
                                sigpic
                                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Working...
                                X