Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    I wonder if people will give Joe a break when he actually answered the comments that so many people predicted he wouldn't.
    lets see... hmm

he helped to destroy the show i loved and has insulted my friends...

oh yeah i'll give him a break

but of course my posts can be removed... his won't ever be

i think his damned blog has done more harm then it ever has good and i refuse to read it
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Spoilers for Trio
      Spoiler:

My problem is why is Joe talking about something like it's a sure thing and now we hear it's not. Whether you like the Ship or not, The Shippers have been put through alot and it is another example of TPTB letting down the Fanbase. Joe knows things get cut and that's fine. All he had to do is not mention it until he knew the situation.

Comment

yeah.

I know he's trying to be nice by releasing spoilers, and i know that folks appreciate it...but you know...joe knows the fandom. and he knows what will rile folks up.

so why bring up contentious issues? Why get folks hopes up over something that's a hot button issue?

why not wait until you know for sure, then spill the beans.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

There is no excuse on this one Skydiver. Know one can defend Joe about this. Joe is not a rookie who does not understand the TV production side.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
            Spoilers for Trio
            Spoiler:

My problem is why is Joe talking about something like it's a sure thing and now we hear it's not. Whether you like the Ship or not, The Shippers have been put through alot and it is another example of TPTB letting down the Fanbase. Joe knows things get cut and that's fine. All he had to do is not mention it until he knew the situation.
            Call it a slip up, then. I doubt he did it with malicious intent towards the shippers (especially when he is one, as he said so himself), but alas, such is the work of the Editor. As an amature script-writer myself, there is actually quite a lot to cut that just hurts when you're the one who originally wrote it.

You have also pinpointed the PRECISE reason why Joe answers a lot of the questions with "maybe"'s and "possibly"'s (and of course, fans complain about this vagueness too). Either way, it's been shot, and it can't be unshot (cookies for those who get the reference), so it's there. It might be on the DVDs.

Comment

Spoilers for Trio
              Spoiler:

What if someone does not want to buy the DVD? No offense to McKay and his Fans but would it really hurt to cut McKay's lines for once and have this Sam/Keller scene kept. I could be wrong but I though a big point of this episode was Sam and Keller bonding? IMO these character building scenes are very important. Not to mention Sam/Jack Shippers have not had much to celebrate for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                Yeah, take the recent comments about Trio,
                Spoiler:
                he basically stated "we shot a potential Sam/Jack scene...but then we cut it...so...yeah." Why else would one bring up such a big deal for S/J shippers only to yank the rug out from under them by saying it's not going to be in the final cut? I think this was a way to get a "pleasepleaseplease put it back in" response from the shippers, which it apparently did. And then they can only wait and hope and say nice things to Joe in an attempt to get that scene, which would have never happened if they never knew about that scene in the first place. Little bit of pot stirring there, IMO.

I'm a new Atlantis fan (or was trying to be, I guess) and that little bit of unpleasantness did make me wonder what kind of operation they've got going over there. Why would anybody try to rile up the fans, especially over a comment by Sam which is probably only a few seconds long? It makes no sense. I've read about what's been happening (or will happen to) the other characters on Atlantis, as well. You know, everyone has their own reasons for watching Atlantis. It's a given that we all like sci-fi, but then we like to focus on diferent things about the show, whether its tech, or aliens, spaceships or relationships, or a combination of the above. Over the course of this season it seems like TPTB will have succeeded in alienating a pretty large number of fans. I don't understand that, considering the past success of the Stargate franchise. You'd think they'd have this figured out by now.

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                  His comments remind me of something I heard on Real Time with Bill Maher. To paraphrase - Instead of talking about SGA, he's talking about the viewers who are talking about SGA.

The point of the comment on Real Time was that when a group starts to loose control of a situation, they often try to redirect the conversation to something else, taking heat off themselves in the process. I think it works in this situation as well.
                  That's quite true. Actually, I wonder how JM & Co. would have spun it if Adrift had scored 1.7/1.8. Now, God forbid Antis suggest for a split second SGA lost viewers due to the crappy cast changes. Meanwhile, episodes such as Lifeline and Doppelganger are promptly available online...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                    There is no excuse on this one Skydiver. Know one can defend Joe about this. Joe is not a rookie who does not understand the TV production side.
                    i'm not defending him as much as i'm playing the devil's advocate.

and actually, i don't agree with his riling up the fans. He's been doing it for years and i've gotten very tired of it. I've watched him 'calm up' situation after situation. I've watched him bait people. I've watched him mock people.

and, honestly, i don't think he has much respect for folks. Yes, i know that he gets a lot of crud on his blog. And i know he's been the recipient of no small amount of nastiness. However, his blog is moderated, he doesn't have to let through what he lets through. He doesn't have to respond the way he does. He could be interacting in a professional and calm manner, but instead he likes to rouse the rabble. Whatever

he has fun doing it. and it's his blog. He can act however he wants to act.

At the end of the day, he doesn't answer to us per se. He answers to his bosses. and, eventually, his riling is gonna come back and bite him in the tush

sigpic

Comment

The problem is TPTB like RDA and Gekko, Who had a big hand in the success of SG-1 are not involved with Atlantis.The SciFi TPTB also are a big problem IMO. I could be wrong but I think Showtime let RDA and Gekko run the Show.

Comment

yeah, i think they did too. and i agree, gekko makes shows that are to my taste.

I think they were very good at balancing humor and taste, fun with dignity.

and, while they kept thier distance from the fans, i don't think that was necessarily a bad thing.

sigpic

Comment

Gekko also seemed to keep there distance from the Actors. I never noticed one or two of the Actors getting the majority of the screentime. IMO TPTB of Atlantis have gotten very close to one or two of the Actors and the show has been build around those two Actors. Maybe this year will be different. It's remains to be seen. IMO just like in non hollywood jobs it is important for the boss and co-workers not to be too close. It makes having to make tough decisions that much harder. There has to be a seperation.

Comment

another problem is the writers.I just watched the premire of supernatural.. and they had the same problem with the cast changes like we did.TPTB wanted them to hire two female leads into the show.Krpike however did a fantastic job of putting them in. I mean seriously he turned katie cassidy into demon hunting killing machine!
                            Spoiler:
                            Oh..shout out to kavanaugh and his "Here's johnny" line.Nice shoutout to the shining did a fantastic job as the demon(sin) of pride.
                            The writers on atlantis did not handle the cast changes as well as they should have. Even though i don't like carter i'll admit that she was really strong in sg-1 and she never did any forced acting. In SGA she's not like that. It's like the writers forced her into her own role to put her in atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
                              another problem is the writers.I just watched the premire of supernatural.. and they had the same problem with the cast changes like we did.TPTB wanted them to hire two female leads into the show.Krpike however did a fantastic job of putting them in. I mean seriously he turned katie cassidy into demon hunting killing machine!
                              Spoiler:
                              Oh..shout out to kavanaugh and his "Here's johnny" line.Nice shoutout to the shining did a fantastic job as the demon(sin) of pride.
                              The writers on atlantis did not handle the cast changes as well as they should have. Even though i don't like carter i'll admit that she was really strong in sg-1 and she never did any forced acting. In SGA she's not like that. It's like the writers forced her into her own role to put her in atlantis.
                              Yeah, AT has said as much, although in a carefully crafted way. There are Carter fans who would agree with you on this. I'm hoping it was just an off ep for her, but then I'm not sure if I'm going to be watching Atlantis.

Comment

i have to say i have enjoyed reading this conversation

who was responsible for Sateda?

edited to say... Welcome VastlySuperiorStuff... i like your avatar...
                                Last edited by parisindy; 04 October 2007, 07:57 PM.
                                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                                Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Working...
                                X