Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    Oh JM you amuse me so. I'm in no way insulted. This lemming loves that he bothered to mention us.
    Me too!

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Guess what we do make some difference? Eh.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post

(though i have to say know where, have i ever seen someone suggest that they disliked a show because of an actresses hair colour)
        i think he was joking about that part.

add to that the comments from Jm who has yet again riled up fans who were already unhappy and you have an even worse situation. is this the way to promote a show? insult the fans who are already considering leaving.
        i think he was considering those who have already left the fan base. not those considering leaving.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

You know, it's an easy out to blame the anti's. As Skydiver said, he did it in S9 & 10 too.

Everyone says that "Those anti's are low in numbers" but yet we have enough number to change the ratings? Please. Make up your mind.

Oh, we also should be blaming magnets and Skydiver's noodle of doom for the 1.2. Blame anything but the *real* problem.

Some people really feel the need to bash others to make themselves look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
            We were mentioned on the BLOG! YAY!

*dances*

*waves stinky sock around*

*still not watching S4*

WHOO!!!!!
            PARTY!!! And that's where out anti-album comes into play...

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            I'm sure FH will come up with a neat CD cover for us.
            Oh, you bet I will!!
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hello All!

First - thanks for all the support re: my post on JM's blog. I really appreciate your kind words. And to those of you who gave me green - well golly gee, thanks! This is a great way to start your day!

JM did unscreen my comment. I never thought he wouldn't post it. He has unscreened far more scathing comments than mine.

The bigger question is - will he respond to it? My first thought? Nah, he probably won't. But, that's okay. I said my piece and I did it respectfully which is what was important to me.

Have a great day!
              sigpic
              Signature by Erin87

Comment

we are so evil!!!
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

I have another song to add to the album. In some weird way the following reminds me of Joe and his relationship with the fans...

Within Temptation - What Have You Done

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                    Geez, I still miss the options of "Bad Writing", "Little contuinity", "Little to no Character development", "Arrogant behavior of PTB that alienates fans", "No character constansy", "Lack of direction", etc...

Why does JM keep missing these things a lot of us have been talking about since S2? The Character X and Character Y are really only issues for some people since the start of S4.

And since it seems JM reads the anti-threads, I hereby ask him kindly to elaborate on why he's still missing the options mentioned by me earlier in this post especially considering those have been the pet peeves of the Antis.
                    And, as I stated in an earlier post, he always manages to conviently miss the issues at hand whilst mocking everyone who's having citicism on the show.

Even since S9 we anti's have been complaining about the bad writing, total lack of contuinity, etc.. and yet he never, not even once, refuted that or even made a comment about it. It's always about people complaining about characters, sets, etc... but never does he defend the "creative decisions".

In my opinion the lack of such a response can be explained a few things:
                    1) They know the writing sucks and just don't care.
                    2) They honestly believe they are writing good stories.
                    3) The know but SciFi is telling them what to write so they can't change it.

It might even be a combination of these three options...

Anyway, I'll start taking JM serious again when he returns to Earth from his happy place and starts answering the tough questions. Because at the moment he's just acting like a little instigator with no sense of style nor class who is trying to mock the people he desperately needs to keep his job.
                    I second both of these. It would be nice if JM could extend the same respect to us that thoughtful posters like SMB_BOOKS have done to him.

I find it interesting that such a powerful influential executive producer of a TV show devotes practically an entire blog entry to a small powerless group of fans that just happen to disagree with his vision of his show. If we're so ignorant, shouldn't we be ignored?

Personally, I still plan to watch. He can't spoil it for me by deliberately misunderstanding my unhappiness with the show. I will get what enjoyment I can from the boys and the action. But if Teyla gets a new wig, I am outta there.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And, as I stated in an earlier post, he always manages to conviently miss the issues at hand whilst mocking everyone who's having citicism on the show.
                      he does love to rouse the rabble...which is why i don't go and read his blog. Over the years i have consistently watched him pit one 'side' against the other. post in a way as to 'calm things up' instead of debunking issues. It's like he likes to keep things stirred up and i have this mental image of him sitting in his office and watching the fan implosion and getting quite the chuckle out of it. Reading the fan wank could even be his lunchtime enjoyment...who knows.

In my opinion the lack of such a response can be explained a few things:
                      1) They know the writing sucks and just don't care.
                      2) They honestly believe they are writing good stories.
                      3) The know but SciFi is telling them what to write so they can't change it.
                      I don't see the first one. I think they think they are doing good stuff...and just can't figure out why we dont' like it.

skiffy 'consulting' could certainly be an issue. I know joe has said more than once (no, i don't go and read his blog but i do read bits posted here) that he has to send so and so script off to the network for approval

umm, APPROVAL????

why the heck hire a creative team if you're going to then tell them how to do their jobs?
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                        You know, it's an easy out to blame the anti's. As Skydiver said, he did it in S9 & 10 too.

Everyone says that "Those anti's are low in numbers" but yet we have enough number to change the ratings? Please. Make up your mind.

Oh, we also should be blaming magnets and Skydiver's noodle of doom for the 1.2. Blame anything but the *real* problem.

Some people really feel the need to bash others to make themselves look good.
                        the silly thing about blaming the fans of a forum is....1.7 MILLION viewers - 1.2 in ratings.

we have about 30,000 members here. less than half that if you take out all the non-american members and various socks and the like.

even if every single one of the 30,000 members watched, we wouldn't even raise the ratings a fraction of a point. It would take HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of viewers to effect the ratings.

ratings wise, we don't count. so while that means that what we do really doeesn't make the ratings worse, we cant' make them any better either.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          the silly thing about blaming the fans of a forum is....1.7 MILLION viewers - 1.2 in ratings.

we have about 30,000 members here. less than half that if you take out all the non-american members and various socks and the like.

even if every single one of the 30,000 members watched, we wouldn't even raise the ratings a fraction of a point. It would take HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of viewers to effect the ratings.

ratings wise, we don't count. so while that means that what we do really doeesn't make the ratings worse, we cant' make them any better either.
                          I have wondered that same thing. Then why does he keep telling us to watch whenever ratings are mentioned? Surely he knows that we know how ratings are tabulated. Oh wait...he thinks we are ignorant and stupid.

You may be onto something. He is just stirring the pot to keep the wank going. For every angry letter that is posted on yet another SciFi website, SGA gets publicity. Our displeasure may cause some critic somewhere to take a look at the show who previously would have ignored it. He is using us to garner promo for the show. Fine with me. I don't mind being used to make a show I love better. If in fact that is the end result.

I encourage everyone to hold your nose and listen to the S4 commentaries. I've only done a few. You can only drink so much scotch at one time. But I've gotten a clear indication that TPTB think they are doing the best show evah. The gushing over Lucius was neverending, and they were genuinely perplexed that anyone could possibly be comparing what he did to date rape. Imagine the ignorance of people who think that. On all counts they believe that fans who disagree with their "vision" are just wrong. Yet as always, I am puzzled by the fact that some of them admit that when they sit down to do the commentary is the first time they have seen the finished show. If that's true, then we are indeed watching different versions, and certain things that come across one way to them come across completely different to us. To me, if a large part of your target audience misses the point, you are doing something wrong. Not them. But that's just me.
                          sigpic

Comment

You mean the S3 commentaries.

I watched Echoes with audio commentary yesterday and it was disappointing to say the least. Hello, if you don't know what to say than don't do an audio commentary.

The extra's on the season 10 DVD are disappointing (except the one about the Director of Photography), and the same goes for the audiocommentaries on the season 3 DVD of Atlantis. While the Profile on Rachel has me cringing beyond belief cause they managed to spell Teyla Emmagan wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              You mean the S3 commentaries.

I watched Echoes with audio commentary yesterday and it was disappointing to say the least. Hello, if you don't know what to say than don't do an audio commentary.

The extra's on the season 10 DVD are disappointing (except the one about the Director of Photography), and the same goes for the audiocommentaries on the season 3 DVD of Atlantis. While the Profile on Rachel has me cringing beyond belief cause they managed to spell Teyla Emmagan wrong.
                              Oops. You're right, but I'm sure the S4 ones will be awful too. Especially if there are no actors and they don't actually talk about the episode.

I also thought the S3 extras were sub-par. Except maybe the makeup one. Though they did manage to show how the aging was done on JF for CG without actually showing JF. ??? No wonder his fans complain about the lack of him on the DVD's.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X