Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IWantToBelieve has screencapped the
    Spoiler:
    Heightmeyer nightmare scene
    over at the episode discussion thread, for anyone who's interested.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      IWantToBelieve has screencapped the
      Spoiler:
      Heightmeyer nightmare scene
      over at the episode discussion thread, for anyone who's interested.
      I don't think I wanna know.... not yet anyway.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Only on the topic of a show bible...I have one for Crusade, the B5 spinoff. It's about 13 pages long and is more the character bible than anything else. It lists the characters and gives thier backstories. It also lays out the basics of the overall story - in this case searching for the plague that was threatening earth.

it also gave some general 'this is who, this is what' info about the races in the universe.

But it didn't go into detail for each and every episode. So there may be differnet kinds of show bibles.

I do know that the shows i've enjoyed the most had rather strict creative control. In this case, B5 and BSG. IT seems that, at least to me, the less 'cooks' creating the show, the more cohesive the show is as an overall project.

In recent years i'd compare SG1 and Atlantis to the treks in that they are very uneven. how 'good' or 'bad' and individual episode is can be based on the overall skills of the writers for each episode. And then the willingness of the main producer to 'tweak' things. I know that it's been said that Brad Wright 'fixed' a lot of episodes....meaning that he took something that was 80% of his vision and rewrote it to be closer to 99%. And quite often, didn't take credit for it.

Which can work if this 'main producer' is making something that's to your taste. If not, then this kind of 'silent tweaking' can result in what can be seen as a ruination of the show.

Considering that Joe felt that Revisions was one of the best episodes of s7, i have some very serious doubts about his vision of 'good' meshing very well with mine. And let't not even TOUCH Lucius Lavin
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          And let't not even TOUCH Lucius Lavin
          IMO the greatest disaster ever conceived in the history of Stargate. Unless I'm forgetting other ones. *scratches head*

Comment

*the intruder comes in*

FH, I'm so sorry. When I heard the news I immediately thought of you and it's not fair. *bearhugs*

*the intruder waves and leaves*

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
              *the intruder comes in*

FH, I'm so sorry. When I heard the news I immediately thought of you and it's not fair. *bearhugs*

*the intruder waves and leaves*
              Thanks!

It's amazing how many people venture in here so they can virtually huggle me. Thank you all, I really appreciate it.

And it's amazing how many people think of FH when Heightmeyer is mentioned. I wonder why that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                LOL!! Who's the Jack Bauer of Atlantis? McKay or Sheppard?

Plenty more doctors to go before we run out. Now at least we know the reason why it used to be a civilian expedition -> TPTB like killing doctors.
                Shep's gotta be the Jack character just because he's used to running around firing his gun at people. McKay wouldn't last long especially since he's civilian.

I do know that the shows i've enjoyed the most had rather strict creative control. In this case, B5 and BSG. IT seems that, at least to me, the less 'cooks' creating the show, the more cohesive the show is as an overall project.
                B5 always impressed me with how it was planned out. I would think more shows would take this approach, just on a smaller scale. (5 years is pretty ambitious.)
                sigpic
                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                  Shep's gotta be the Jack character just because he's used to running around firing his gun at people. McKay wouldn't last long especially since he's civilian.
                  Yup, I agree on Sheppard. And McKay would be one of those unfortunate people from the agency. (Only saw the first season of 24, so forgive my lack of knowledge... I do know they have a high deathrate)

Comment

And let't not even TOUCH Lucius Lavin
                    IMO the greatest disaster ever conceived in the history of Stargate. Unless I'm forgetting other ones. *scratches head*

The only thing scarier than writing one episode with Lucius Lavin was writing two episodes with LL . . . in the same season no less. What's that old saying "God don't like ugly".
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                      The only thing scarier than writing one episode with Lucius Lavin was writing two episodes with LL . . . in the same season no less. What's that old saying "God don't like ugly".
                      *chuckle*

Comment

FH - how are you holding up?

*HUGS*

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                          FH - how are you holding up?

*HUGS*
                          Well, I went from very sad to my hope being crushed by a sledge hammer, to disappointment to hating TPTB, season 4 and whatnot, to sadness again, to numbness....

Yeah, at the moment I'm numb.

I have had lots of virtual huggles and it seems Gateworld may not be as divided as it seems.

Comment

lucius was a screwup inside a mistake and wrapped in ickiness

His storyline literally is, to me, one of the worst things tptb ever did

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                              huge, HUGE examples of bad taste

Just because the actor is funny doesn't mean that he needs to keep making repeat visits

sigpic

Comment

lucius was a screwup inside a mistake and wrapped in ickiness
                                Great description!!

Going into the DG episode thread was a big mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X