Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    I'm quite disappointed that they removed TH from the credits in the premiere. What, they couldn't have waited until the canon reason for the removal actually aired? Now fans who don't read spoilers or go online will realize that something bad is going to happen to Weir before it actually happens. It would be like removing Paul from the credits several episodes before Sunday...
    I completely agree with you ToasterOnFire, but I am more than disappointed. I thought it was extremely disrespectful to Torri to remove her from the credits and tacky and premature to insert Amanda into the credits for these two episodes. The third episode would have been soon enough to make the credit changes.

Very, very annoyed at the credit change.
    Last edited by Kliggins; 28 September 2007, 10:40 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

This isn't serious SciFi anymore, it's campy SciFi.

After about 5 minutes I stopped watching it as a serious show but rather as a poorly executed parody of a SciFi show.

I wonder if this will be the tone of the rest of the season...
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I posted my thoughts in the episode thread. That was outright cold to remove Torri from the credits. Started the whole episode off with a bad taste in my mouth.

Then it went on to be just a so-so episode. I saw one SG1 viewer posting, "OMG, I just watched Atlantis for the first time and it was good!" *gags*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

For once, I was incredibly glad I live overseas and I couldn't watch the episode. Decisions are much easier to make when one has only one choice

I'm also incredibly grateful that the episodes I've seen still had the season 3 credits. I honestly thought they were going for 'and Amanda Tapping as...' at the end, but at this point I guess we're lucky they're so sexist they didn't have the guts to kick Sheppard out of his place and put her instead.

I don't really think I'm interested in seeing the final product. The episode had some highlights: JF's acting for example, I'm not a big fan of his acting, but I have to give him credit here. I didn't mind Keller as much as I thought I would, but Carson's absence still stung.

But there was some unforgivable OOC-ness on Rodney's part, and I definitely agree with you on the dialogues - those were off, too -, and let's not get started on Sam and the designated fool of the week; a role that I'm afraid Rodney will take over all too soon.

So while you all flailed, I got to finish the story for my Vala femslash ficathon

Comment

Since I was bored I have written a fan review about the lovely episode "adrift":
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...06#post7157806
            Signed,

Gregorius
            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
              Yeah, I had to laugh when I read that. It just sums up my reservations about this entire reboot or reset or whatever they want to call it. From everything I read over the last couple of months, it was obvious to me that TPTB were trying to turn SGA into SG1; and unfortunately lots of fans seem to have no problem with it.
              It's the sequel/re-make thing isn't it? I never understand why loads of dollars are spent on sequels to films that were never that good in the first place, when there is so much creativity and imagination out there in the world. And the general rule is that the sequels are never as good as the original because if you don't do new things you do the old thing badly. Over and over again.

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                Wait, so McKay loses his girlfriend, but Keller gets to have a romance? What on earth is going on here? They love to destroy continuity, don't they? I don't know why they bother replacing main characters like Carson and Weir with little people like Keller and Katie and all, when they're going to get rid of them too. How can the audience build up an affection/obsession [hee!] with the characters when we're constantly losing them?
                McKay has to be free because he wuvs Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                  When was this itnerview taken? I have to admit I'm quite dismayed she wasn't even told the exact reasons for the decision. I mean, as stupid as the decision to let Paul McGillion go, at least they told him why. Not telling her smells of unprofessional treatment.
                  Why did they get rid of Paul McGillion? I never heard the reason why...

Comment

Originally posted by sexy_penguin View Post
                    Why did they get rid of Paul McGillion? I never heard the reason why...
                    Paul said in an interview that they called him and told him SG1 was about to get cancelled and there's a big question mark on a season 4 for SGA and that they got big hints from SciFi to "shake things up" or no future seasons, so they were killing off his character.

As for the credits - I figured Amanda will get Paul's spot, "and Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter". Second is somewhat annoying. Again, waiting to see hte full an compeleted episode myself to finally make all the comments I want to, but I'm very unhappy with his news. I thought she's there as a supporting character and that they're going to work more on Teyla this year - which would have made sense to have Amanda as the "special" addition and Rachel as the leading lady.Now, on promos and quizzes and interviews and stuff I'm not saying a word, that has nothing to do with Bridge and out of their control. Credits are not.
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                      It's like they wanted people to forget Elizabeth was ever on the show as the LEADING LADY. I wonder how people will spin this, before it was oh, TPTB don't have anything to do with the promotion of the show. Well they decided to put Amanda second in the credits when Torri was still in the episodes.. *headdesk*
                      Oh, god, I can't believe they replaced her already. They kept Carson in, though I suppose it was only for three eps. I do think they got rid of Ford from the credits in s2, though Rainbow was in four eps, so I can't really complain that they have it in for Torri in particular. Still. I watched the leaked eps, and they still had the old credits, which makes this is really upsetting now. It's a bit weird that Carter's in 14 eps, yet she's second in line over Teyla. Ouch. The politics here are really off. Though I guess Carter deserved it, since she had more dialogue in Adrift than Teyla and Ronon combined. Actually, she has more in this one ep than T and R in both Adrift *and* Lifeline.
                      'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                      will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                      It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                      Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Peeps...

I'm <posting stuff you should be mentioning here. We don't want nor do we need to know how you get the episode please...and the only methods that are allowed to be discussed here is watching or LEGAL downloading....so...don't ask, don't tell. do not tell us how you're getting it please>

1) credits-adjustment
                        2) no Carter
                        3) optional to have Keller removed as well

It will without a doubt shorten the episode considerably but I'm sure you don't mind otherwise you wouldn't PM me to be notified of the result so I can add you to a list and mail the place where you can find the FAN-CUT!!
                        Last edited by Skydiver; 29 September 2007, 10:17 AM.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Peeps...

The episode <snip>and as soon as I have it I'll start editing, which means the following:

1) credits-adjustment
                          2) no Carter
                          3) optional to have Keller removed as well

It will without a doubt shorten the episode considerably but I'm sure you don't mind otherwise you wouldn't PM me to be notified of the result so I can add you to a list and mail the place where you can find the FAN-CUT!!

Vive la revolution?
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 29 September 2007, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            Vive la revolution?
                            Exactemundo!!

Argh, I keep using it.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I always through SciFi was responsible for the downfall of SG-1 and now maybe Atlantis. It's too bad Showtime did not stick with SG-1. SciFi cannot help but ruin a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                                Paul said in an interview that they called him and told him SG1 was about to get cancelled and there's a big question mark on a season 4 for SGA and that they got big hints from SciFi to "shake things up" or no future seasons, so they were killing off his character.

As for the credits - I figured Amanda will get Paul's spot, "and Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter". Second is somewhat annoying. Again, waiting to see hte full an compeleted episode myself to finally make all the comments I want to, but I'm very unhappy with his news. I thought she's there as a supporting character and that they're going to work more on Teyla this year - which would have made sense to have Amanda as the "special" addition and Rachel as the leading lady.Now, on promos and quizzes and interviews and stuff I'm not saying a word, that has nothing to do with Bridge and out of their control. Credits are not.
                                I completely agree. I felt very strongly that Rachel should be leading lady, and it upsets me that they've put Amanda in there.

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                                Oh, god, I can't believe they replaced her already. They kept Carson in, though I suppose it was only for three eps. I do think they got rid of Ford from the credits in s2, though Rainbow was in four eps, so I can't really complain that they have it in for Torri in particular. Still. I watched the leaked eps, and they still had the old credits, which makes this is really upsetting now. It's a bit weird that Carter's in 14 eps, yet she's second in line over Teyla. Ouch. The politics here are really off.
                                Actually, they didn't change the S2 credits until Duet, I believe, which was the fourth episode in. RSF was kept in the credits until after Runner. I can't believe they wouldn't extend Torri the same courtesy. Even with everything else that's happened, I didn't think we'd see new credits until Reunion.
                                Last edited by Killdeer; 29 September 2007, 08:57 AM.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X