Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boys hauling around charred remains in a Hawaiian shirt! Rodney gets cranky because Carson catches more fish than him with his catatonically calm technique! And our beloved protagonists don't realize the truth even when the guest star wraith finds Carson distasteful...

Morbid humor, oh my.

I don't know how we could get two eps out of that, but hey, we got two eps out of Lucius...

Comment

They got two whole movies out of Bernie, so anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        but hey, we got two eps out of Lucius...
        hehe
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Ok after reading this thread the last couple of weeks i've decided to stick my 10 cents worth in!

I'll start with SG1 because it think it has a huge bearing on where Atlantis is going at the moment.

IMO Stargate SG1 was a great show until around the 7th or 8th season when the concept of character development was abandoned!

Then there was the disastrous killing off of Janet's character, again a character who was very popular and much loved by the fans.

Then RDA left - ok i know that couldn't be helped, but for me that really was the end of the show. Although i like Vala, i never really took to Cameron, he was just too wooden although he did improve in the latter stages.

So there you have a show which was fantastic UNTIL TPTB started messing around with the characterisation and the dynamics of the team.

AND NOW THEY ARE DOING IT AGAIN

I really don't understand the thinking behind getting rid of 2 popular characters (which we know will probably happen) and replace one them with some eye candy (no disrespect intended) and another with a character that for the last couple of years, most fans have been complaining about!! How is that going to boost ratings?????

I have always been a huge fan of Sam / Amanda and have previously enjoyed her little outings to Atlantis and I can honestly say that i was looking forward to her coming on the show, but I'm devastated about losing Elizabeth's character - I'm sorry but 4 episodes is an insult.

I love Weir and believe her character has so much more to offer with - here it comes again - CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!

I love Atlantis and have even enjoyed the occasional dodgy episodes, but I'm almost dreading season 4
          sigpic

Thanks to Marcy for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post

I've said it elsewhere - just because your writers can't come up with stuff for a character, it doesn't mean you dump the character. No - you dump the writer.
            Exactly.

My wish list...writers that:

A) Don't forget to end episodes
            B) Write decent female characters
            C) Develop secondary characters
            D) Don't use the same plot device over and over (Sheppard and hive ships, replicators, Carter vs. McKay, etc.)
            E) Know how to make use of bad guys (I really miss Kolya, he had so much potential as the guy you loved to hate.)

meh!

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
              I love Weir and believe her character has so much more to offer with - here it comes again - CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!

I love Atlantis and have even enjoyed the occasional dodgy episodes, but I'm almost dreading season 4
              welcome

yes i totally agree about weir! 100% I love ben browder and i think the last two seasons weren't his fault... he was just not given much to work with. Sadly i don't really get SG-1 so i haven't watched them all to give a proper opinion and this is thw rong place for that anyways.

but yes i miss weir. i think she is my fav female leader... i love a good warrior woman...but we aren't all like that. Its nice to see a nice strong confident woman that isn't Xena. It was a wonderful ender used opportunity if you asked me.

so very happy to get carson back but there is still some major kinks to get worked out

Originally posted by wellduh! View Post
              Exactly.

My wish list...writers that:

A) Don't forget to end episodes
              B) Write decent female characters
              C) Develop secondary characters
              D) Don't use the same plot device over and over (Sheppard and hive ships, replicators, Carter vs. McKay, etc.)
              E) Know how to make use of bad guys (I really miss Kolya, he had so much potential as the guy you loved to hate.)

meh!
              i thought koyla was an awesome bad guy.. so much potential there to
              his
              Spoiler:
              death
              just seemed so anticlimatic
              i would really have loved to have seen

Spoiler:
              shep rage.. shep going of the deep end to go get him and his team holding him back...

man again potential wasted
              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

has anyone heard if weir is going to be in season 4 much at all

i tried to find some info but everything seems to be conflicting
                Spoiler:

Comment

It's a closely guarded secret.

On the one hand, "closely guarded" usually means it'll piss the hell outta fandom, but on the other hand I don't think TPTB care about pissing off fandom, so why bother? The truth will out, eventually.

Comment

JM has said that Weir will be in 4 eps, and don't you know we're supposed to be grateful it's that many

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Well, we know that she'll be in 4 episodes in the first half of season 4. The number is ridiculously small so far. I mean she was one of the main characters, the leader in the previous season and now she'll be in what? 6 episodes? Total speculation there, they must give her more! Hell even Zelenka (who I love) will be in like at least 10 episodes if not more (unless that won't be the case because of Carter), as he has been in the previous seasons. Still can't get over the fact that they'd do this to the leader, one of the most important characters, it's unheard of for me, I can't get over it... how could they think it will be a good thing....

When does the info about ratings usually come out? I know we can't compare this forum to the whole USA but if the episode threads are any indication, then not many people actually watched The Return 2. Maybe a couple of RDA fans.

Edit:
                      Didn't see your message there grasshopper 64.

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
                      JM has said that Weir will be in 4 eps, and don't you know we're supposed to be grateful it's that many
                      You're being sarcastic, right?
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

It's funny the things you find when you start digging around.

Originally posted by Brad Wright
                        It's easier to bring back aliens than a human who's been shot several times by a P-90 at close range.
                        Such was his explanation however many years ago about why we weren't going to see Rothman again. I should think that getting blown up would be even messier than getting shot and yet... we're still getting Carson back.

How times change, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                          Well, we know that she'll be in 4 episodes in the first half of season 4. The number is ridiculously small so far. I mean she was one of the main characters, the leader in the previous season and now she'll be in what? 6 episodes? Total speculation there, they must give her more! Hell even Zelenka (who I love) will be in like at least 10 episodes if not more (unless that won't be the case because of Carter), as he has been in the previous seasons. Still can't get over the fact that they'd do this to the leader, one of the most important characters, it's unheard of for me, I can't get over it... how could they think it will be a good thing....

When does the info about ratings usually come out? I know we can't compare this forum to the whole USA but if the episode threads are any indication, then not many people actually watched The Return 2. Maybe a couple of RDA fans.

Edit:
                          Didn't see your message there grasshopper 64.

You're being sarcastic, right?

I watched last night, though to be honest, I forgot it was on and only remembered about ten minutes into the episode . . . which never happened before. Actually, I'd already "unofficially" seen some of Part 2, so I was not totally unspoiled. But considering how anxious I was to see the conclusion just a few months ago, my lack of interest amazed even me.

I mentioned in the episode thread that there were so many O'Neill/Woolsey moments, I felt like the SGA team were actually the guest stars in their own series. I know its heresy around here, but I never watched SG1 and I never cared for RDA . . . not as McGyver and not even back in his soap days. There, I've said it. LOL.

Anyway, knowing what is to come just takes the joy out of watching the current episodes even though Elizabeth and Carson are still around.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                            I mentioned in the episode thread that there were so many O'Neill/Woolsey moments, I felt like the SGA team were actually the guest stars in their own series. I know its heresy around here, but I never watched SG1 and I never cared for RDA . . . not as McGyver and not even back in his soap days. There, I've said it. LOL.
                            Why can't they keep the two shows separate? They really should concentrate on the existing Atlantis characters. I never cared for RDA either, I can stand him but I'd rather not have any of SG-1 characters as regulars on Atlantis.

Anyway, knowing what is to come just takes the joy out of watching the current episodes even though Elizabeth and Carson are still around.
                            Hear ya! I watched it today as well on my pc.
                            Spoiler:
                            Watching the last scene with Elizabeth and Jack and seeing how incredibly happy she was when Jack told her she and the rest can stay in Atlantis (he even got a wonderful hug for that!),
                            I couldn't help but think what a shame they're doing that with Liz, she would never resign and/or leave Atlantis, not in million years, it's her life.
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                              Why can't they keep the two shows separate? They really should concentrate on the existing Atlantis characters. I never cared for RDA either, I can stand him but I'd rather not have any of SG-1 characters as regulars on Atlantis.
                              I guess TPTB really don't think SGA can stand on its own. Why else would they bring in Carter for a whopping 14 episodes next season? They must assume viewers tune in to SGA only because its on after SG1. (You know . . . all those casual viewers who are mindless drones and will watch pretty much anything rather than change the channel. )

The funny thing is, from what I've read, it appears that the ratings for SGA were actually more consistent than those for SG1 during the first part of the current season. If that's true, then it speaks to a pretty loyal viewership for SGA. Maybe we watch because we actually like the show. Seems nobody thought of that reason.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meem View Post
                                Then there was the disastrous killing off of Janet's character, again a character who was very popular and much loved by the fans.
                                Actually probably one of the most logical and expected deaths considering the situation. Plus it turned out to be a permanent death, which seems to be an oddity in Stargate.

No matter how Shanks is a good actor, I believe his permanent death in season 5 would have been very pwoerful and given weight to his act.

Before the writers decided that a bar maid would suddenly ascend dead bodies left and right.
                                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                                X