Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Bad writing - Yes, Lack of strong characters - Yes, Lack of a plot in some cases - Yes, Lack of personal backstories - Yes, lack of truly terrifying enemies *Cough*Weeping Angels*Cough* (I still can't pass a statue without looking twice)
    Okay ... yeah, I did miss a few points.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sorry for the double post but there's some time between the two... I accidently ran into another promo picture of Carter and it made me feel anti-er than ever...so at the moment I couldn't care less what anyone would think...

But here are my anti-icons... Use them wherever you like (though if you want to use them here, I'll have to size them down).

Spoiler:

Comment

love those icons

oh and for those interested in writing an alternative season 4 please check out
        this thread

http://community.livejournal.com/atlantisle/1339.html
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

FYI: Torri has canceled her LFCC appearance:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/...howtopic=34348

*cries*

I don't think we'll ever get answers.

*cries on anti-couch*

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
            FYI: Torri has canceled her LFCC appearance:
            http://showmastersonline.com/forums/...howtopic=34348

*cries*
            I don't think we'll ever get answers.
            *cries on anti-couch*
            *sits on anti-couch with Suz*

Comment

Hey guys! I'm new to this forum and I actually joined because I just needed a place to just...vent, I suppose! I'm a fan of Stargate: SG-1 and Atlantis, and I think Atlantis had so much potential, only to throw it all away for some reason or another. Here are my reasons why I think that SGA is going down the wrong road: (Just in case there are spoilers, I shall hide!)

Spoiler:

1) The termination of main characters--I ADORE Carson Beckett...him not being on the show anymore is just devastating for me. He brought so much warmth to the show. Doctors aren't supposed to get emotionally involved, and I found him to be so endearing when you watched him struggle with that. He felt so much more for the people he took care of than he was supposed to, he was just an excellent character all around. I'm just shocked they got rid of him!

I may not be the biggest fan of Dr. Weir, but I believe with a few good storylines they could have made her character more useful/likeable in the show. She did seem very fragile to me, but why couldn't they put in a storyline where something happens to her and makes her realize that she wasn't portraying as much strength/authority as she thought she was, maybe she realizes how obvious she makes her vulnerability noticeable? Or...or something! LOL! I don't think they should have gotten rid of her! Something else could have been done!

I also think bringing Samantha Carter into the show is a mistake. On the other SGA boards I've been reading, they're just BASHING Amanda Tapping, calling her every name in the book. I think Amanda's nice, she's very funny in her interviews (and certainly doesn't deserve those rude comments!)...but her character has always been...blah, to me. She's smart, yes, beautiful, yes, but her personality just wasn't very likeable. The only female character I have ever liked in either shows was Vala. If they were deciding what character from SG1 to send over to SGA, it should have been Daniel. He always wanted to go to Atlantis, and he wouldn't have had any position that would have terminated any main characters.

And another thing that bothers me...is that every time something bad happens, the next episode...gone! Every character is fine with what happened in the previous episode, rarely do the delve into how the characters cope/feel about a situation.

I'm just so scared to get attached to any characters because it just seems like they're getting rid of everyone! I think the last thing you want to do to your viewers is make them scared getting attached to your show!
              sigpic
              Banner by me!

Comment

Originally posted by WanderingWriter View Post
                I'm just so scared to get attached to any characters because it just seems like they're getting rid of everyone! I think the last thing you want to do to your viewers is make them scared getting attached to your show!
                so borging that!

welcome!
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

I killed my attachment to actual show and got myself attached to fanwork. Long live the fan fiction!
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    I killed my attachment to actual show and got myself attached to fanwork. Long live the fan fiction!
                    AMEN AND HALLELUJAH!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Paris, I just posted a really big entry on Lost Expeditions. Go check it out. I dropped few ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna
                        Long live the fan fiction!
                        I can agree with that, as the 75 Atlantis, Dr Who, Torchwood and X Files stories on my ff.net space will attest to

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Sorry for the double post but there's some time between the two... I accidently ran into another promo picture of Carter and it made me feel anti-er than ever...so at the moment I couldn't care less what anyone would think...

But here are my anti-icons... Use them wherever you like (though if you want to use them here, I'll have to size them down).

Spoiler:

nice, thx. Have some green
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WanderingWriter View Post
                            Holy hell, this might be the reason I get attached to those who rarely appear. Maybe a way to protect myself because I know the chances of these characters appearing are rather slim. But I would still be devastated if they decided to get rid of the cute psychologist.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                            nice, thx. Have some green
                            You're welcome. And thanks for the green.

Comment

It's surprising how popular the secondary characters are, hell I prefer Lorne and Zelenka over John and Rodney any day

Comment

Zelenka is simply amazing. I like him like woah!

Comment

Working...
                                X